Pisgah Brewery

Rude

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Forum MVP

T is the good soul!!!    I am a chameleon, always changing, good and bad.   I appreciate the vouches, unsure what I am being vouched for?, but in reality, we are all from different worlds.  Many of us would not fit well in "our" lives, but when the music plays, that's when we all connect!!    That's the bond that allows us to like/love others who think completely different and live completely different lives. 

Its the music that gives us the love to hug sweaty brothas and sistas after a show.   To offer full cups to those who are empty with out anything in return.   I am very positive most of you would not like me in my world, but I go to DSO to get out of that world, and am very grateful some of you think well of me:}!!!   

Stumbling drunk...lol........wish they made beer strong enough for me to get drunk.   Burn it off to quick, and I tend to stay away from liquor; however, I am not a novice------

Back to T!!!!    One of the best in my book!!!    A true lover of the music, a good friend, and awesome family man!!!   Character does not get any better:}!!!!

I huge thanks and smiles to the generous comments above:}!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Forum MVP

Wow > Looks like I owe Sun a beer.  This is high priase from a guy who would give the shirt off his back and the shoes from his feet to help somebody out.  I know everyone might be done with this Lovefest, but everyone should know that Sun is one in a million.  A live wire to be sure, but there are few that 'plug in' like he does.  Seemingly limitless energy and a heart of gold. 

So true about the music - we all come from different backgrounds and life-experiences and may disagree with just about everything else BUT the music brings us together.  Whatever our differences, this music binds us to one another.  This effect was well chronicled with the GD and that spirit endures with the new version of Jehovahs favorite choir.

The tide is turning with Pisgah.  While few may care about whether I go to a DSO show or not, it means more to me than it possibly should.  I think I got this though > I'm gonna make this a special weekend.  See you freaks there if not another stop or 2 in the Southeast! 

Have fun at Dewey Beach those that are lucky enough to go!  BE careful though > the law come to git ya if ya don't walk right ;)  

• Forum MVP

Maybe I should have said babbling drunk.  I was referring to the your clearly intoxicated and scattered thoughts present in many of your posts.  I guess just because you get too drunk to write does not necessarily have any effect on your walking.  I am sure you can walk the line at all times.  Honestly, I doubt this, but if you say so, I don't want to call you a liar.  

This is all in good fun.  I'm sure your a fantastic guy.  Next time I see you; I could use a pair of shoes and another T-shirt.  Tea says your good for that.  I hope you packed extra because I will be needing the ones your wearing.  

See you guys soon.  I hope it works out for both Sun and Tea to be present for the Black Mountain shows.  

• Forum MVP

Maybe I should have said babbling drunk.  I was referring to the your clearly intoxicated and scattered thoughts present in many of your posts.   but if you say so, I don't want to call you a liar.  

This is all in good fun.  I'm sure your a fantastic guy.  Next time I see you; I could use a pair of shoes and another T-shirt.  Tea says your good for that.  I hope you packed extra because I will be needing the ones your wearing.  

Just knocked the love out of the park:}!!!!    We met at Jubilee MC, for a quick sec near the porta potties, but for some reason you ran off pretty quick.   Was not even drunk than, perhaps could of got meaningful convo out of me:}!!!!    All in good fun, and so are my babbles.   If you need some clothing or shoes, I think I could send you some before shows!!

Oh, don't think my clothes would fit you, you would look funny in xl...lol-----peace brotha, and I tend to travel light, but what I got if you need, ask, and I will more than likely pass it on!!!!

safe travels!!!!

• Forum MVP

There shall be meaningful or meaningless convo, who really cares, in North Carolina. I hardly remember that brief encounter. We will have to try again soon.

You remember the encounter, but qualify it as hardly.  Such laissez faire coolness:}!!!  One day I will be there, if the booze does not hamper:}

But really?    Who the fuck listens to GD, and follows DSO judge others on their vices.  WTF:}!!!!!!   You reap with irony, or perhaps complaints......as you say.......who cares.

Damn, went from sharing love to throwing stones-------the sine of my life   ----again safe travels MC

• Forum MVP

I hope you don't feel judged. Some of my best friends are stumbling drunks or worse. I admit prejudice and judgment towards alcohol, which yes ironically I consume from time to time but never in excess anymore.My father was a highly functional alcoholic. One of the brightest men I've ever known and this isn't just a son praising his father. Booze killed him. My brother is a not so high functioning alcoholic. I've done my fair share of listening to drunks babble and I don't care to do it much anymore. I think alcohol is terrible for you in comparison to many of the other vices we can choose. Unfortunately, the real irony lies in the promotion of alcohol over the other intoxicating elixirs. Drunks cause many of my personal objections or complaints about shows. I hate having beer spilled on me and I've seen a jeckyl and Hyde complex with many drinkers. Some of the nicest people become malicious and angry.

With all the being said, I strongly support you enjoying yourself how you see fit and I by no means want you to feel judged. I hope you wouldn't judge me for not trying to befriend and embrace another drunk in my life.

• Forum MVP

. I hope you wouldn't judge me for not trying to befriend and embrace another drunk in my life.

I would not, and did not say anything about judging you brotha, remember, you were the one that had a "hope he is not a drunk" for me, not the other way around.   All I did was wish you safe travel:}

As I said, we are all different, the thing that brings us together is the music. 

Oh yea, no one likes beer spilled on them MC, and in all honesty, from my blurred memory over the years, never met a jeckle and hyde drunk at a show.   Usually people are just too happy about the music, but maybe we spend time in different areas at different venues.   I find myself dancing right near bars, where many walk away with full beers.  I avoid getting spilled on.  Now that I think about it, I jump all the fuck around, maybe I have learned over the years to avoid drunks spilling beer on me....hmmm perhaps a hidden art of mine. So no worries MC, perhaps something new you can learn:}!!!!

I am sorry to read about your familial experiences-----never nice to read other peoples pains, and a friend or not, I genuinely  offer some sadness and empathy.   It is cruel what we do to ourselves and our families at times, but I think you can understand the egocentric mind---if so------than you know why this music is such a release:}!!!

Again safe travels, and when you get a chance pass the whiskey around......  

• Forum MVP

I would argue you've met plenty of jeckyl and Hyde drunks at the show but like you said, they are too ecstatic at the show to be showing the other angry face. I have seen some serious mood swings and blow ups at festivals, generally not a shows. I also don't want to single booze out. All of these substances can cause changes in mood and behavior. Even I must admit that I've had mood swing associated with chemical use.

I'm not trying to learn the art of dodging drunks. We must hang out in different groups. I never post up by the bar. I am usually surrounded by like minded dancers or alone in some far away corner. I don't often have beer spilled on me but I wouldn't call it an art of mine. I am way too engaged in the music while dancing to pay much attention to anything other than the song and the dance. I understand egocentric or selfish behavior. I've often quoted Althea in relation to myself. I'm sure you know the line.

• Forum MVP

Enjoying the irony in the dialog on a thread entitled Pisgah Brewery. Actually makin me a little thirsty.

Looking forward to some shaggin in 60 degree weather under the oaks that are under the stars. I hope that wood chunk mulch they had in front of the stage last year has softened up a bit. Also hoping that the 500 inches of rain we've gotten this summer proves to be enough and we get some reprieve by mid August.

• Forum MVP

Alcohol dulls life. why would you want that at a show? I understand that alcohol can help people forget their inhibitions but any experienced show-goer should be able to do so without alcohol (or any substance put into the body). I just drank a beer, which I rarely do....I feel dulled and foggy. The less you drink, the more you purify your life(in terms of what you put into your body), the less 'good' alcohol makes you feel. Try sobriety- you might be surprised with how clean and good you feel, especially post show. There is an amazing natural high that occurs as a result of dancing- my experience is that alcohol only dulls this. Why dull life? Thrive.

• Forum MVP

Alcohol dulls life. why would you want that at a show? I understand that alcohol can help people forget their inhibitions but any experienced show-goer should be able to do so without alcohol (or any substance put into the body). I just drank a beer, which I rarely do....I feel dulled and foggy. The less you drink, the more you purify your life(in terms of what you put into your body), the less 'good' alcohol makes you feel. Try sobriety- you might be surprised with how clean and good you feel, especially post show. There is an amazing natural high that occurs as a result of dancing- my experience is that alcohol only dulls this. Why dull life? Thrive.

All of this, of course assumes everyone is like you. Alcohol in moderation is good for the body, the heart, the bloodstream. Anything done to excess is harmful. Anything done to intentionally block or alter the natural thought process in an attempt to escape surely has mental repercussions. Stay happy, stay in touch with your psyche, be moderate, hug a lot, no problems.

PS: listening to the grateful dead and dancing to excess is ok.

• Forum MVP

I've never met anyone I thought benefited from alcohol. You could smoke crack in moderation and that's fine but the fact is that very, very few people posses the willpower to use addictive substances responsibly. You don't have to see it my way but you might benefit if you did. Whose to say? Eat one of my apricots and see how much you feel like drinking ;)

• Forum MVP

Out of your own admition, you were born from a drunk...You should be grateful, could of been the booze that sparked the interest to make you  Rickie:}!!

That would be ironic

Drunks be drunks, punks be punks......Guess Jerry, Bob, Phil, and the crew were all dulled out many of nights playing the music for such high free spirited heads to enjoy the music in a apricot state of mind:}!!!!

All typed with smiles:}!!!!!

Edit:  Sort of mean spirited......sorry......morning after a long night.....quicker with tounge/fingers....no need, at least on my part. 

well wishes

• Forum MVP

I'm a little conflicted. On the one hand I remember this guy saying that too much of anything is just enough. However, this buddy of his said that it seldom turns out the way that it does in the song. Who to believe...

• Forum MVP

I'm starting to think you want to feel the need to defend yourself.  My let the drunks be drunks statement wasn't meant to have any negative connotation whatsoever.  It was supposed to be an embrace yourself type comment.  We all have different rides to take.  I, even though young, am very cognizant of this fact.  I spend most of my waking hours inebriated.  I just don't drink.  There is a reason I live in Colorado.  Different strokes for different folks and all that.  I hope no hard feelings and we can share a beer.  

We all have bad nights.  As much as I hate spilling a beer, I've definitely been at fault.  As much as I don't like the feeling of heavy alcohol intoxication, sometime I drink too much.  Sometimes I do this and sometime I say that, but any comments I've made here negatively about alcohol and what comes with it are judgments of myself and no one else.  I don't care what you want to do in your own space.  I'm only speaking about what works in mind.  I try to avoid people when they are heavily intoxicated on alcohol.  I don't find them pleasant to be around, even if they are not a mean drunk.  I don't generally like to cloud my own personal headspace with their mindless babble.  These are personal choices and not meant to be any condemnation on you just an affirmation about the life I choose to live and the environment I choose to embrace.  I'm only trying to learn and grow for me and figure out what works for me.  I would be a fool to pretend I have any idea what works best for you when I'm still trying to figure out what works best for me.  

• Forum MVP

Alcohol is poison to your body. If you want to consume poison, go for it. Small amounts of poison wont kill you (right away) but it's still poison. Poisoning yourself certainly wont bring you happiness- it is a distraction from it. Part of being an alcoholic, pot head, whatever, is denial. The addict will defend their position until the end- of themselves or of their addiction. Nuff' said.

• Forum MVP

You guys must of never seen how  "Beer saved the world":}!!!!!   Pretty sure that many of you are around because our forefathers had quality booze to drink, other wise, the water----typically poison with parasites, would of killed off your grand, grand, grand, grand daddy many years ago.

So two of you may spite the drink, but you more than likely owe your lives to it:}!!!!  

Not defending anything or anyone,  if you don't want to drink, I give a fuck less.   Was just hoping the opposite was true-------

"In 1993, the New York State Department of Agriculture and Markets tested the cyanide content of two 220 gram (8oz) packages of apricot kernels that were imported from Pakistan and were being sold in health-food stores as a snack. The results showed that each package, if consumed entirely, contained at least double the minimum lethal dosage of cyanide for an adult human. The apricot pits were recalled and removed from stores.[2] There was one reported case in the medical literature of cyanide toxicity from apricot kernels from 1979 to 1998 in the United States.[3] On average, a bitter apricot kernel contains about 5% of amygdalin and sweet apricot kernel contains about 0.9% of amygdalin[4]. This corresponds to 0.3 % and 0.05% of cyanide. Since a typical apricot kernel weights 600 mg, it contains 1.8 mg and 0.3 mg of cyanide respectively for bitter and sweet variety."

Eat up or drink up?   I know what I would choose:}!!!!!

Might want to rethink those apricots:}!!!!!!!!!!

• Forum MVP

I already stated I would share a brew with you at Pisgah. Thanks for the report on Apricots. And yes they do make you poop. Some like apples, some like oranges. Its allgood. Anyone else tired of talking about stale beer and dried fruit? I'm probably in for both come North Carolina but that's certainly not what I'm there for.

Archived