College hoops

Rude

• Forum MVP

Watching last nights 2 monster games got me in basketball mode. Being from KY I don't have to tell u who I was rooting for. The cats played about as bad as a team could play and still almost won by talent alone and by talent I'm referring to next years number 1 draft pick, Randle. Sorry wiggins you will have to enjoy 2nd pick. Averaging like 25 points and 14 boards over 3 games are sick stats. But I saw the worst hustle ever by the cats in that game. They had 2 fast break points all game. 2. Not sure how that's possible with the insane talent on that team.

• Forum MVP

Duke fan here. Great game against KU last night. Even though we lost, I don't feel terribly bad about it. The final score doesn't reflect how close the game was until the final 2 minutes.

Looking forward to more college hoops........my favorite spectator sport.

Watch out for Izzo's crew this year......seasoned and dangerous. He is a terrific coach and an even better person.

• Forum MVP

Cincinnati Bearcat alum/fan here. Great games last night. That Randle is going to look good in a Utah Jazz uniform next year. That will give them the inside out that they favor with Burke and Randle for the next several years cast in the Stockton and Malone roles.

• Forum MVP

Duke fan here.

Don't be that guy.  That's like posting on a public message board that you have herpes. Ill-advised.

Just tryin to help.

It's alright. I know the drill after 30 years. I am unabashed and proud to be a Blue devils fan. Hell, I'm even cheering for Duke pigskin this year!

Hey, I was wondering what everyone else thinks about the new aproach to foul-calling in college hoops.

So far I hate it, as it bogs the game down with an incessant barrage of whistles. At the very least, if they keep up the touchy whistles, players should be given 6 fouls like the pros do. Otherwise players are going to foul out left and right.

Thoughts?

• Forum MVP

Duke fan here.

Don't be that guy.  That's like posting on a public message board that you have herpes. Ill-advised.

Just tryin to help.

It's alright. I know the drill after 30 years. I am unabashed and proud to be a Blue devils fan. Hell, I'm even cheering for Duke pigskin this year!

Hey, I was wondering what everyone else thinks about the new aproach to foul-calling in college hoops.

So far I hate it, as it bogs the game down with an incessant barrage of whistles. At the very least, if they keep up the touchy whistles, players should be given 6 fouls like the pros do. Otherwise players are going to foul out left and right.

Thoughts?

I think the players will eventually adjust and the games will become a lot higher scoring. It is kind of like the new rules in the NFL not allowing DB's to even breathe on a receiver, makes the passing game a lot easier and the scores higher.

• Forum MVP

Duke fan here.

Just tryin to help.

Thoughts?

While I'm a Tarheel (which may provide a little more context to my original comment), I'm rooting for Duke in football.  I've been conditioned to despise everything Dook but I really like their football team and think that Coach Cutcliffe is the definition of class.

While coach K is one of the best ever, I still think he's a BAG:

COACH-K.jpg

• Forum MVP

Duke fan here.

Just tryin to help.

Thoughts?

While I'm a Tarheel (which may provide a little more context to my original comment), I'm rooting for Duke in football.  I've been conditioned to despise everything Dook but I really like their football team and think that Coach Cutcliffe is the definition of class.

COACH-K.jpg

I hear you. Love and hate make the games more fun I suppose. Interestingly my vitriole for my teams' main rivals (Cowboys/Tarheels/Clemson) has largely dissipated through the years.

This is at least partly due to those teams losing much of their perceived invincibility in recent years. It's just not that big of a deal to beat them any more.

The real issue for Duke hoops fans will be when the haters go back to their sand box, for this will signal the end of Duke's run near the top of the college basketball heap. It will be interesting to see what happens when K retires. I hope it turns out better than the post-Dean Smith years in Chapel Hill. Time will tell.

• Forum MVP

Duke fan here.

Just tryin to help.

Thoughts?

COACH-K.jpg

I hear you. Love and hate make the games more fun I suppose. Interestingly my vitriole for my teams' main rivals (Cowboys/Tarheels/Clemson) has largely dissipated through the years.

This is at least partly due to those teams losing much of their perceived invincibility in recent years. It's just not that big of a deal to beat them any more.

The real issue for Duke hoops fans will be when the haters go back to their sand box, for this will signal the end of Duke's run near the top of the college basketball heap. It will be interesting to see what happens when K retires. I hope it turns out better than the post-Dean Smith years in Chapel Hill. Time will tell.

I was just thinking about my post and I realized that UNC has actually won more championships in the post-Smiith era.

It's weird to me, since I actually think that Smith was a superior coach to Roy and the others.

Just thinking out loud.....

• Forum MVP

Duke fan here.

Don't be that guy. That's like posting on a public message board that you have herpes. Ill-advised.

Just tryin to help.

If u go to the Lexington show def don't be that guy. And please don't mention laettner. They hate him more in Lexington than they do in chapel hill. The hippies may turn violent. Can't guarantee your safety. Lexington is prob the only town where the heads know more about hoops than patchouli.

• Forum MVP

Duke fan here.

Don't be that guy. That's like posting on a public message board that you have herpes. Ill-advised.

Just tryin to help.

If u go to the Lexington show def don't be that guy. And please don't mention laettner. They hate him more in Lexington than they do in chapel hill. The hippies may turn violent. Can't guarantee your safety. Lexington is prob the only town where the heads know more about hoops than patchouli.

LOL........true on all counts!

• Forum MVP

Duke fan here.

Just tryin to help.

Thoughts?

COACH-K.jpg

A more accurate comparison is that, as a Duke fan, I hope the post-K era is unlike the post-Wooden desert at UCLA.

I assume that Heel fans have no problem with Roy Williams, given the championships he has brought.

• Forum MVP

Dadgummitt we love old Roy!  He's no Dean Smith despite the hardware - he's great as long as his guys fit his system exactly.  If not, change does not come easy for him.  He's gonna have his hands full this year as will most teams in the new ACC. 

Hey Roy!  How's your team gonna do against the likes of Duke, Syracuse, Pitt, Virginia, Notre Dame, ect.? 

funny-roy-williams-picture.jpg

• Forum MVP

Dadgummitt we love old Roy!  He's no Dean Smith despite the hardware - he's great as long as his guys fit his system exactly.  If not, change does not come easy for him.  He's gonna have his hands full this year as will most teams in the new ACC. 

Hey Roy!  How's your team gonna do against the likes of Duke, Syracuse, Pitt, Virginia, Notre Dame, ect.? 

funny-roy-williams-picture.jpg

I am excited for the "new" look in the ACC. Yes, it's not the good old days when every team played each other twice.

But I think it's safe to say that the ACC will be the perennial power conference in hoops. It should be a dog fight come March.

Archived