State Theater...Elective

sonomajon

Set One: Loose Lucy ; Ain't It Crazy (The Rub) ; Me And My Uncle ; They Love Each Other ; Hard To Handle ; The Race Is On ; Till The Morning Comes ; You Ain't Woman Enough ; Bird Song ; Run Rudolph Run ; Weather Report Suite > Let It Grow

Set Two: Here Comes Sunshine ; Good Lovin' ; Money Mpney ; Pride Of Cucamonga ; Doin' That Rag > William Tell bridge > The Eleven > drums > Nobody's Fault But Mine > Viola Lee Blues

Encore: Overseas Stomp (Lindbergh Hop) > New Orleans

Notes: In the style of old school.

Sold Out!

I'm just writing to let the band know that this concept was a wonderful treat, and to continue doing this, and/or make up a setlist on a rest day for the Dead's original touring schedule, and play that era's music with an original setlist.   Great, gentle, quiet crowd where I was.  Til the Morning Comes, Bird Song, Weather Report Suite, Doing That Rag>The Eleven>Nobody's Fault But Mine>Viola Lee Blues were inspiring.  The Jam>The Eleven>Jam was truly long and elevated-really appreciated it!  Here Comes Sunshine and Viola Lee Blues were, as usual, delightfully both soaring.  Rob's Good Lovin' and Hard to Handle were way more enjoyable for me than Pigpen's, whom I did see live.  Thanks!

• Forum MVP

"All songs were played prior to 1975....err....1970" according to Eaton. I believe 1975 is accurate. I certainly enjoyed the entire set list. No snoozers here.

The Good Lovin was very down and dirty. First show I have seen in over a decade where other than my date, band,and crew I did not know anybody. No Masons Child or the old guy with the white beard selling cookies and toting the occasional O2 pack or any of the other usual suspects.

Agree the sold out crowd was rather gentle. Not as many serious dancers crowding the front of aisles as usual. I had tons of dancing room in the 2nd row with actual empty seats (again it was sold out) around me which I definitely took advantage of.

• Forum MVP

I assume that "In the style of old school" means one drummer, does anyone know who?

Two drummers in the style of 70-74. Imagine if Pig lived a few more years and Mickey never left the band, and Keith and Donna were around as well.

The willing suspension of disbelief - these perfect originals make that so fun! Really wish I could have been there for this one, especially if there was dancing room. It is becoming a scarce commodity these days, I hear.

• Forum MVP

the old guy with the white beard selling cookies and toting the occasional O2 pack 

Joseph has not been on the last few tours. He has settled down in upstate New York with a lady he met. Only reason I know this is he sent a donation to my daughter's foundation, with a note attached. It has been strange not seeing him at the shows though. He was a fixture for years. 

• Forum MVP

the old guy with the white beard selling cookies and toting the occasional O2 pack

Joseph has not been on the last few tours. He has settled down in upstate New York with a lady he met. Only reason I know this is he sent a donation to my daughter's foundation, with a note attached. It has been strange not seeing him at the shows though. He was a fixture for years.

For the record he did make Buffalo show and told me it was the only one he was going to make.

I've seen two shows in State College and both times DSO rocked that place, sad I couldn't make it out. The set list is eye candy, and i'm certain it couldn't have been too bad on the ears either. Jealous of those in attendance.

PS. I love that RB takes the time to comment on setlists and such, very cool!

Archived