STL

Muddy Waters

• Forum MVP

By all accounts, the usual barn-burner:

Uno

Might As Well, Mama Tried, Row Jimmy, It's All Over Now, Loser, Minglewood Blues, Bertha, Lazy Lightning-> Supplication, Sugaree, Promised Land

Dos

Eyes Of The World-> The Music Never Stopped, It Must Have Been The Roses, Samson & Delilah, He's Gone-> Drums-> The Other One-> Comes A Time-> Franklin's Tower-> Sugar Magnolia

F: Sitr in Up (Happy Birthday Bob Marley)

Drove straight from Covington after finding out that show had been canceled for some unknown reason, as there was absolutely no snow or ice on the roads at that point, but now had time to take the Budweiser brewery tour which was pretty cool.  Arrived at the Pageant to find a deceivingly small parking lot, which looked huge but was full to the brim since most of it was 'reserved' or valet-only.  Figures.  Luckily there was annex lots available and just a few extra minutes walking in the 0-degree weather.  At least parking was free.  Made it in to the box office with no waiting, then in to the entrance where a full-on pat-down ensued. The 60-year old ladies had a field day feeling around in my pockets, asking "What's This??" and me replying, "Well, what are you looking for??" but alas we finally got in and it was like a drop of water trying to make its way through a long column of tightly packed dirt.  This place is tiny and in my opinion, not laid out for a concert of this size.  There is a super-duper small dance floor which was packed already, and several tiers of tables which were reserved and full anyhow.  There was just no damn room.  Everyone congregates right at the entrance and in front of the bar - who designed this place?  At least there was a coat check - hell there had to be.  No room for wearing a coat here.  The website was full of themselves, saying how great this place was and how it was designed for concerts from the ground up.  Well, it seemed too small and there was just no way to get comfortable.  Anyhow, several  $7 beers later, I was finally into it, and to me, things really didn't get going until The Other One.  Fantastic version.  High Energy, nice lighting effects, and into Comes A Time was probably my favorite transition.  Up to that point, it was a dinner theater, meant for maybe a comedy act or a small play.  I certainly won't make the drive to StL again if it will be at this place, because I just couldn't get the energy that I needed to really let go and have a good time.  I think everyone was up dancing for Franklin's and definitely Sugar Magnolia, which was hot.  Finish off with a Marley remembrance and we're outta this joint, on to Indiana.

Might As Well, Mama Tried, Row Jimmy, It's All Over Now, Loser, Minglewood Blues, Bertha, Lazy Lightning-> Supplication, Sugaree, Promised Land

Eyes Of The World-> The Music Never Stopped, It Must Have Been The Roses, Samson & Delilah, He's Gone-> Drums-> The Other One-> Comes A Time-> Franklin's Tower-> Sugar Magnolia

F: Sitr it Up (Happy Birthday Bob Marley)

• Forum MVP

The pit had tons of room to dance. East coast shows are like sardine factories. There was plevty of room to dance and groove here and the pit was so energetic it reminded me of a mosh pit. I like the pageant. St. Louis represented well and I felt that the band really fed off that energy and eaton was smiling that whole show having a blast. Skip and rob obviously have a great chemistry. U see rob looking over at skip prodding him to drop some sick bass line then when skip bombs us they both get big grins. I really like skip on bass. Now Jeff's Mcintosh amp went out and they had to make modifications and that changed the sound slightly but I didn't realize it but my gear head buddy was on it the sec it happened.

My 2 DSO virgins I had with me had a blast. Perfect show for a 1st timer. And that Other one out of drums was so raw and just tranced us.

As a St. Louis guy I absolutely understand where GS is coming from. I loved the show that night, but I live here and know how to find space. It is beyond ridiculous that the Pagaent does not open the Balcony for these shows. It makes fora much more relaxed and enjoyable show, particularly for older folks that may simply want to sit down. And really there is no common denominator, perhaps it relates to pre-sale tickets because sometimes the balcony open, sometimes not. Regardless, if management recognizes a huge day of show ticket buy the balcony should be opened up. And for the record it is not just DSO. They do it for other bands too. DSO should insist on the balcony being opened up as a pre-cursor to playing there again.

• Forum MVP

Compared to east coast New Years, there was tons of room. They only open the balcony for DSO for weekend shows. A security dude told me they have to hire 4-6 more security to open up balcony so unless ticket sales demand it they won't spend the cash. Can't wait to get this show on nugs.

Archived