March Madness

bs69

• Forum MVP

Many highlights in the Round of 32. Some of the more noteable.....

Watching Stanford serve up of a gigantic slice of humble pie to Wiggins and the Jayhawks.

Watching Ol Roy and his TarHoles crap the bed.....never gets old.

Watching the Shockers come oh-so-close to sending 1-and-Done U. packing.....would have been so sweet.

Watching Harvard nearly send the Spartans packing (would have wrecked my bracket but that's ok)

Watching UVA manhandle Memphis.

At this point, I'm mainly hoping that neither Florida nor Kentucky wins.

Can't wait for Thursday!

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Forum MVP

Watching the Shockers come oh-so-close to sending 1-and-Done U. packing.....would have been so sweet.!

??? Are u referring to UK?? 1 and done U? U mean the team with 6 final 4s and 3 national championships since 93? The 2012 national champs?

• Forum MVP

Watching the Shockers come oh-so-close to sending 1-and-Done U. packing.....would have been so sweet.!

??? Are u referring to UK?? 1 and done U? U mean the team with 6 final 4s and 3 national championships since 93? The 2012 national champs?

Absolutely. Calipari has cheapened the venerable UK brand with his high player turnover rate in my opinion. It's basically a junior NBA farm team.

Given his dubious track record at UMASS and Memphis, I'm actually surprised that UK hired him. I would not trust him any further than I could throw him.

That being said, he can obviously recruit and coach with the best of them.

• Forum MVP

Sorry lmao. I thought u meant 1 and done like loses 1st round of the tournament . And don't blame Calipari. It's the NBA. Duke has 1-2 coming next year that will be 1 and done. Should he not recruit the best kids. The problem this year is he did a shit coaching job. He's babying players when he needs to break them down. The last 2 years he's sucked. Next year we get a real point guard and should be good and that guard will be there 4 years.

I agree that the issue is systemic and not limited to Calipari. He just happens to be adept at taking full advantage of the current rules regarding NBA eligibilty. And you are correct in citing Duke as being affected by this phenomenon as well. Duke has not been nearly as dominant in recent years because of players leaving early.....Henderson, Kyrie, Rivers......and soon Parker and Hood. As a fan it's frustrating because it's so hard to establish true depth and chemistry when you have to essentially reinvent your team every year. I was actually really impressed with the '12 UK team. They were a bunch of freshmen playing like grown men. But my prediction is that this is the only ring that Calipari earns using his high turnover recruiting style.

I agree with Charles Barkley on this issue. I wish more players would stay in school and defer their NBA dreams by playing at least two years in college. Barkley states correctly that in recent years the level of play in the NBA has steadily declined. It's also only fair to the universities and coaches who invest much time and capital into the recruiting process.

• Forum MVP

The reason 2012 UK was so good is because they self coached. Kidd gilchrist was the coach on the floor. He'd get guys playing their hardest. They also had a top point guard who was actually a real passing point guard. This year is just individual effort. Very few assists. Just good 1v1 guards with little semblance of a team offense. The 2012 team would have ripped Wichita St by 20. Really there hasn't been a team as dominant as the 2012 team in 10 years. They had a perfect starting 5. Comparing these new teams to the 2012 freshmen is so disappointing for a UK fan.

• Forum MVP

Lol. UK just out rebounds everyone. They look horrible but have just beaten 2 top 5 teams. They are the ugliest team in the tourney with the most talent so they have flashes. If they had a point guard worth squat they win this thing no prob but alas.

• Forum MVP

KY ripped Michigans heart out and then showed it to them. Wolverines gets 5 offensive rebounds to go ahead and the that dood makes a 3 with a hand in his face from another zip code. Great game - still queasy. DAMN.

• Forum MVP

KY ripped Michigans heart out and then showed it to them. Wolverines gets 5 offensive rebounds to go ahead and the that dood makes a 3 with a hand in his face from another zip code. Great game - still queasy. DAMN.

Agreed. Damn.

Hoping for a Wisconsin miracle at this point.

• Forum MVP

If UK wins it all it will be weird talking about this team. I picked them to lose 1st round. We pretty much hated this team all year. They were a bunch of lazy underachievers and they still are horrible passers. Randle is just a beast under the basket. We take a horrible shot and Randle reboubds it and puts it up. The Harrison's can't hit a shot until the final minutes either. UK still has massive defensive lapses allowing easy buckets in every 1st half but by the 2nd half they clamp down. Another week of practice can only help this team. Wisconsin is so tough though. Will be a battle. If Florida and UK play for a 4th time this year I'd be scared if I was a Florida fan. You won 3 meaningless games and have to win a 4th time for the championship. Go Cats!!!!!!

• Forum MVP

If UK wins it all it will be weird talking about this team. I picked them to lose 1st round. We pretty much hated this team all year. They were a bunch of lazy underachievers and they still are horrible passers. Randle is just a beast under the basket. We take a horrible shot and Randle reboubds it and puts it up. The Harrison's can't hit a shot until the final minutes either. UK still has massive defensive lapses allowing easy buckets in every 1st half but by the 2nd half they clamp down. Another week of practice can only help this team. Wisconsin is so tough though. Will be a battle. If Florida and UK play for a 4th time this year I'd be scared if I was a Florida fan. You won 3 meaningless games and have to win a 4th time for the championship. Go Cats!!!!!!

Once again I have to give the Cats credit. It's as if they hit a growth spurt over the last two weeks and the boys became almost-men.

As disinterested as I am in each remaining team (save perhaps Wisconsin), I will be watching the Final Four to see how the drama unfolds.

UCONN appears to be intent on recreating their unlikely championship run of three years ago. I think Kemba Walker and Shabbazz Napier were cut from the same cloth......impressive.

• Forum MVP

Napier is a beast. You have to guard him 10 feet behind the 3-point arc. What will I do this Thursday with no games. The withdrawal is already setting in!!! So again this Saturday, my moonshine and other supplies will take a hit. Damn u unlikely run!!! Hoping to still save a quart for jubilee even though Sunny has nothing but bad words for my KY moonshine even though he and JacksonPD had no prob polishing it off. From hoops to shine. Call me 2 fast 2 furious the way this boy can drift.

• Forum MVP

Woot woot!!!! Big basketball tonight. Gonna be exciting. GO CATS!!!!! And btw I called them going all the way drunk last night in another post. Hope i don't have to eat my words!!

• Forum MVP

That kid is something else, hitting the game winning 3-pointer for the third straight game.

I really wanted Wisconsin to win that one......they will likely never be in such a good position again........too bad.

Now it's up to UCONN........should be fun.

• Forum MVP

We are convinced that my buddy that has heart issues will keel over and die on Monday. He said that's how he wants to go!!! These last few games were the craziest consecutive games I've seen in a while. Not sure of the stat but think we've been down by at least 9 points every game this tourney.

Uconn may be the scariest team left. Those little guards I'm afraid will eat up our slow, big guards. I guess Randle just needs a 20 rebound game like he's capable of. Beast mode on!!

• Forum MVP

We are convinced that my buddy that has heart issues will keel over and die on Monday. He said that's how he wants to go!!! These last few games were the craziest consecutive games I've seen in a while. Not sure of the stat but think we've been down by at least 9 points every game this tourney.

Uconn may be the scariest team left. Those little guards I'm afraid will eat up our slow, big guards. I guess Randle just needs a 20 rebound game like he's capable of. Beast mode on!!

Agreed......should be a fun one. UCONN has some crafty guards.

But then again it's starting to look like destiny for this Kentucky crew. I never would have predicted it.

And if UK wins, I will have been proven dead wrong that Calipari would not win another ring using his 1&Done methods.

We will know in just over 24 hours ;)

Archived