March Madness

bs69

• Forum MVP

I have to say I was a bit surprised by some of the seeding and that BYU got in over SMU, but you have to play the hand you're dealt. I am going to pick Kansas, Michigan St., Arizona and Wichita St for the final four with Kansas beating Wichita for the title. I hope I am wrong and my Cincy Bearcats make a run, but I don't like their draw.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Forum MVP

Louisville being ranked 3rd getting a 4 seed is ridiculous. Worst seeding I've ever seen. Louisville was so dominant late in the season. They almost tripled Rutgers score. You can't like seeing them as a 4 seed if you are one of the few Wichita St fans out there.

Edit: Wichita St is a longshot being in the Midwest. It's too packed all the way down. But then again it's too packed for everyone there too. Too many could win that bracket. UK as a possible 2nd round then Louisville as a 3rd round. Eek. Go for an upset in the Midwest if u are in a betting pool. Just my 2 cents.

• Forum MVP

Each year it gets tougher to handicap this thing.

FLA got the most favorible draw of the #1's - with Arizona a close 2nd.  Witchita got the veritable group of death.  I'm not sure how the committee defended the Louisville seeding - just plain wrong on that decision and I am a boderline Louisville hater.

Here's my off-the-cuff Final Four:

Florida, Villanova, Wisconsin, Louisville

God > what awful picks :)

• Forum MVP

Florida

Virginia

San Diego St

Louisville

Seems like the Road for Arizona may be the easiest.  So many mid majors and teams with little hoop prestige in that division.  The 2-4 in the west are Wisconsin, Creighton and SDSU.  Go Aztecs!!! or whatever San Diego States mascot is. 

Edit:  Who was it that was doing the bracket winner to Jamaica contest?

• Forum MVP

A lot will depend on how the refs call the games. If they have a quick whistle, Louisville will be in trouble. If they let them play, Russ Smith  & co. are turnover producing machines. I think that Wichita is a bad matchup for them, a veteran bunch that won't get rattled.

BTW, I like your Jamaica idea, but that might get pricey. Maybe you should just offer Jubilee tickets

• Forum MVP

Have to review brackets, I'll be back. A MSU v UM final would warm my heart.

Someone's drinking already :)

A lot will depend on how the refs call the games. If they have a quick whistle, Louisville will be in trouble. If they let them play, Russ Smith & co. are turnover producing machines. I think that Wichita is a bad matchup for them, a veteran bunch that won't get rattled.

BTW, I like your Jamaica idea, but that might get pricey. Maybe you should just offer Jubilee tickets

Lots are drinking today if you are referring to me putting up the trip

• Forum MVP

I'm working on my bracket to win Buffett's billion and, punk that I am, I feel lucky. With odds on only 9,000,000,000,000,000,000 to 1 it is a lock. Next year in Jamaica is my treat. PM me for your suite and tix.

• Forum MVP

Just book DSO for a week on the island that you buy and have charter jets leaving from LA, Vegas, Chicago, New York, Atlanta and Miami. I'd suggest just setting up elegant tents on the beach for the guests with a butler for each guest. I'll take Jeeves.

• Forum MVP

Hmmm, I was hoping to fund it just from the interest without invading principal. But buying an island does lend some stability to the decision process. Life will be sweeter for that. And I should probably arrange a flight from Portland or Seattle so as to not inconvenience the rain heads.

• Forum MVP

Florida                           

Michigan St.                   Michigan St.

Duke                              Wisconsin               Michigan St.

Wisconsin

• Forum MVP

MSU is the sexy pick this year.  That bandwagon is about as full as any since KY won the title a couple years back. 

If MSU takes the gas pipe, there will be a collective tearing sound that will be deafening!  I like Sparty (basketball) unless they are playing U of M or UNC in which case they can go get bent.

• Forum MVP

Suck it OSU :) 

It always a good day when OSU or Dook wets the bed.  It is one of the few instances where I celebrate the dispair of others - the other being the death of Fred Phelps.

Suck it OSU :)

It always a good day when OSU or Dook wets the bed.  It is one of the few instances where I celebrate the dispair of others - the other being the death of Fred Phelps.

You called it Tea! Go Mercer!  My bracket is shot, but who cares!

• Forum MVP

Freaking Duke.  I changed from Louisville to Duke on my bracket.  Now my final 4 is down to 3 :/

BUT OMG!!!  How amazing were last nights games.  4 of the 8 were OT games lol.  Crazy finishes.

• Forum MVP

Freaking Duke. 

Bwwwaaahahhahhahah!  Wow.  Mercer did play a hell of a game :)

North Carolina teams are not faring very well.  UNC is gonna have it's hands full with Providence. :(

• Forum MVP

I can't remember an opening round with more fantastic finishes.

Although my Blue Devils face planted in the first round, it doesn't really surprise me. Mercer deserved to win that game. It's a great example of senior leadership trumping young and inexperienced talent.

This weekend should be great fun. Can't wait.

• Forum MVP

NC teams did not fare any better. 

State = came from way ahead to choke.  Carolina = brain locked up in the last 2 minutes and got sent packing.  Puke = Got stung by Mercer :)  NC Central = They did the best they could

Some of the most competitive games I've seen in a long while!  There are some heavy-wight bouts in the Sweet 16!  Gonna be great!  Why does the sweet 16 (candles) always conjure such images:

sc2_copy0.jpg

sc3_copy0.jpg

Illinois+flag+from+16+candles+1984+with+

Think I'll watch it tonight :)

• Forum MVP

I'm shocked that the Wildcats came to play. I mean the real UK wildcats. Poor Wichita St.. UK gave u 10 minutes of no defense in the 1st half too and u only got up 6. I guess when an 8 seed was the toughest team u played all year this is what happens. RIP Wichita St 35-1. The only thing Wichita St is best at is their mascot--the shocker lmao. Maybe they intended a different meaning than what a shocker is today, but if they didn't,......respect

• Forum MVP

Like KY was really an 8 seed.  That's as rich as Louisville being a 4.

So....KY and Lousville are matching up.   Can't they just both lose?  Calipari and Pitino are both great recruiters, good coaches, leaders of men, and freaking slimeballs.

Archived