Kentucky Derby

August West

• Forum MVP

I think that California Chrome will make a run for the Triple Crown this year. Although only 3 California bred horses have ever won the Derby in its history, this horse looks special. Anyway,here are my picks for the greatest 2 minutes in sports. May the horse be with you!

1) California Chrome

2) Medal Count

3) Danza

4) Dance With Fate

I really liked Wicked Strong but then he drew the 20. That was enough for me to throw him out. Hoping I catch a nice triple or Super to fund the upcoming tour.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Chrome has proven best so far of the three-year-old crop.  The shape of the race may favor Tonalist, who should be sitting off Chrome's flank stalking the whole trip.  Commanding Curve will  be closer than usual due to the smaller field and slower pace than the Derby, with Wicked Strong coming late.  I would probably bet Tonalist on top but for the real possibility of him bouncing off a huge leap forward and career top in the Peter Pan.  If he runs back to his last race the Triple Crown is in doubt.  Workout analyst BJD says Ride on Curlin has not trained well coming into the race.  Can't make much money, but I'll key the trifecta 2/4, 9, 11, and play an exacta box 2-4-9-11. 

• Forum MVP

Horse love to run though mango. I'm from KY and these horses live high on the hog then go out to stud. They love to win. I know that sounds weird but horses compete with each other and know if they outrace the other horse. Yes some get hurt. They get hurt in pastures too. But these race horses are treated like kings and have the finest of everything.

• Forum MVP

Racetracker obviously knows what they are talking about. Make sure you let me know who to bet on next year! As far as cruelty to animals, I think it would be cruel to not let these great animals run.

Archived