Welmont

Tea

• Forum MVP

Original

1st set: here comes sunshine, Hell in a bucket, loser, its all over now, loose Lucy,Toms thumbs, lazy lighting>supp, so many roads, let it grow

2nd set: Help>Slipknot>Rueben, hard to handle, dear prudence, St. Stephen>drums>space>st stepehen, Playin>China doll>Playin

Not sure of encore

Good Lord. The openers of late have just laid it all on the line. Wow!

• Forum MVP

Thanks for the knowledge JPD! 

Cosmic Mike was an imbedded reporter and he was kind enough to recount the bomb-drop for me last night.  I'd call that on hell of kickoff show.  If this portends what's to come, it's going to be a full titlt tour! 

Reviews appreciated :)

• Forum MVP

Help>Slip>Rueben? That's awesome! Have they done that before? I'd love to see that.

I've seen H>S>Tangled, H>S>Stranger and H> S>St Stephen>Slipknot>Franklins. I'm sure there have more than a few other iterations but I'm not sure if H>S>Rueben has surfaced before. Someone knows.

The transition here was phenomal as well, I really thought we were headed towards a standard Franklin slot and boom, reuben?! And the crowd goes wild..

Prudence was fantastic, probably #1 highlight.

#2 I'm actually gonna go with loser. This is a song which my love for has really waned. I used to love this song getting into the dead, good car sing along. But as of late it doesn't usually excite me when it starts. Jeff Mattson let it rip and made me excited to do that again sometime down the line.

Met a few more people round these parts, got to share some dance space with them and shake everything out, and even though I started at work at 8am after only getting 3 hours of sleep in a car at a rest stop, I feel ohhh so refreshed.

• Forum MVP

Solid tour opener. Hung up top for the better sound and more dance space. Here comes sunshine was a nice opener. LL>Supp and So Many Roads were both really good. Jeff belted out the SMR. Help>Slip>Reuben was unreal. Prudence and Stephen were drippy and China Doll was heavenly. Great Tangled encore.

I think Skip said he started out on Smirnoff and then moved on to the harder stuff during Tom Thumb but my ears could have deceived me.

I think my favorite H>S>? variation I've seen was in Princeton a few years back. Help>Slip>Attics>Slip>Stranger. Last night was a doozy though.

Very happy with the show and excited for Cap Theatre.

• Forum MVP

I think my favorite H>S>? variation I've seen was in Princeton a few years back. Help>Slip>Attics>Slip>Stranger. Last night was a doozy though.

Good God Found!  Glad you saw a hard charge outta the gate.  Your H>S sandwhich is may favotrite ever - and I haven't heard it yet :)

Have a blast @ the Cap!

• Forum MVP

I think Skip said he started out on Smirnoff and then moved on to the harder stuff during Tom Thumb but my ears could have deceived me.

I heard Jeff sing "Show me someone who's not a parrot and I'll go out and say a prayer for him", so I don't doubt you heard correctly. I got the recording to verify it too lol. Parrot it was.

Archived