UK basketball.

Rude

• Forum MVP

Today UK played ucla to a 41-7 halftime lead. Lowest points scored in a half ecer for ucla. UK had 8 blocks in the half. Ucla had 7 points. Most dominating performance I've ever seen. If this team just plays to 80% intensity they cannot lose. They played the 1st half harder than I've seen all year and the results were clear. UK was a 6-5 favorite last week to win it all. Actûallu those are pretty good odds lol. They allow only 30% shooting and around 45 points a game and block 10 shots a game. Getting in the bracket with UK is your worst nightmare come tourney time.

• Forum MVP

That team is so stacked it's riddiculous. Four 7 footers, are you kidding? They won't lose a game this year, and will waltz to the NCAA Championship. Karl Towns played high school ball at St. Josephs for the last 4 years. It's a couple of miles from me, I saw him play a bunch of times in H.S. He'll be a lottery pick. One and done U is doing just fine. Calipari plays by the rules that are in place, and no one can compete like him as far as recruiting goes. He wants players, he gets them.  I was looking at the NBA rosters the other day and it's loaded with Kentucky players. Calipari knows how to make those kids money, that's for sure.

• Forum MVP

Looking forward to see what happens Saturday, I suspect they will lay it on UL in the same way

This is the game Im nervous about.  The UK kids are on a 4 day holiday break for Christmas so they wont get much practice before this game and Louisville plays with intensity like no other team.  This will be a challenge that the cats havent faced yet this year.  Should be a good game. 

UK now has a great new recruiting tool.  Tyler Ulis will likely stay 4 years at point guard and that kid can dish it out.  He will get anyone who goes to UK many highlight reel plays if they hustle down the court.  Hes become many UK fans favorite player.

• Forum MVP

UK 4.5 point favs vs louisville. Seems like a sucker bet here. Watch the bookies get Rich on a UK 2 point win. Id drop a weeks wage on UK if I had a bookie who would give me that line.

• 2 months later...
  • Forum MVP

That team is so stacked it's riddiculous. Four 7 footers, are you kidding? They won't lose a game this year, and will waltz to the NCAA Championship. Karl Towns played high school ball at St. Josephs for the last 4 years. It's a couple of miles from me, I saw him play a bunch of times in H.S. He'll be a lottery pick. One and done U is doing just fine. Calipari plays by the rules that are in place, and no one can compete like him as far as recruiting goes. He wants players, he gets them.  I was looking at the NBA rosters the other day and it's loaded with Kentucky players. Calipari knows how to make those kids money, that's for sure.

I said in December they will not lose a game, and I'm still saying it in March. Every bracket pool that I'm in will have KY at the top. As far as who they play, I'm leaning towards Arizona. My sleeper teams are....Utah and St. Johns.

• Forum MVP

Louisville is not a very consistent team although - they've been playing better lately. Punch that team in the mouth early and pass outta that press, your golden. Louisville cannot score enough to get to the promised land.

I'm impressed how UK has handled things down the stretch in close games - I haven't seen panic yet. The only way to beat them is to spread them out and pull their bigs away from the basket. Defensive rebounding is essential. Easier said than done.

I'm goin KY, Wisconsin, Virginia, and Arizona as your #1's.

• 5 weeks later...
  • Forum MVP

That team is so stacked it's riddiculous. Four 7 footers, are you kidding? They won't lose a game this year, and will waltz to the NCAA Championship.

Well you were close (although there were a couple OT games in the SEC regular season).  But the walzting stopped with the Notre Dame game and the music ground to a complete halt against Wisconsin.  That game was the most satisfied I've been watching sports this year.

• Forum MVP

7 declared for the nba. In 2012 they had 6 drafted. That record won't be broken, but it may be tied. Rebuilding year next year which means we won't be favorites to win it all.

• Forum MVP

7 declared for the nba. In 2012 they had 6 drafted. That record won't be broken, but it may be tied. Rebuilding year next year which means we won't be favorites to win it all.

Rude, isn't every year a "rebuilding" year for Calipari's teams, and doesn't he simply and fully reload each year?

I doubt that next year will be much different.....top 5 pre-season is my guess.

Archived