NW Fall Run

Island Bro

• Forum MVP

Well I don't like to let the cat out of the bag way before the fall tour will be announced BUT,,,since you can buy tix starting this morn online for Eugene 9/24 at the.....Cuthbert Ampitheater!!!--I guess it's out there anyway...

Awesome Ampitheater that actually holds 5,000. Should be acres of dancing space. I saw Furthur there a few times and it is a pretty ideal venue with grass available for dancing (closer to stage is concrete and fixed seating),,in a park setting.

AND tix are all 10 bucks w/no fees!!! No shit, I just ordered some. The city of Eugene is sponsoring the show so I figure that is a damn good use of public money for the good of the whole!

Since this show is on a Thurs night I would guess they are heading north toward Portland/Seattle for the weekend, but who knows.

Been a LONG time since they've played outdoors in the NW...and after the two SoCal outdoor gigs this spring I hope that trend continues on the west coast.

Here's the link to Ampitheater and tix:

http://www.thecuthbert.com/events.html#dso

This is a dream show folks....

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Forum MVP

DSO's biggest solo show to date was at the wolf trap with like 3500 people. Hope u guys smash that in Eugene. Hop on that ferry and get to mainland and promote it!! Lol.

• Forum MVP

Weren't they going to play there once before but had to cancel? I could be wrong about that, and you are right about the dream coming true.

Yes, I think they nearly pulled off 8/27/2012 at the Cuthbert to commemorate the 40 yr anniversary of 8/27/72 Veneta, OR show but it didn't quite come together...maybe in 2022 that will be pulled off for the 50th...but let's just do that one out in Veneta at the country faire site--same as original...

Meanwhile outdoors in Sept sounds quite tasty

• Forum MVP

I will definitely be there. 2 days before my birthday. I would take it we be rolling south to NorCal for the birthday, but only time will tell.

Right on Rick....yeah I will be curious where it is that we will be shaking our asses for your B-day. Indeed time will tell. Have a blast at jubilee brother

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived