College Basketball

bs69

• Forum MVP

The season starts tonight. There is so much turnover in the game anymore that I would not attempt to guess who will be there in the end. North Carolina is the preseason #1 based on returning players, but that will likely change quickly, they may even lose to Temple tonight. As a Cincinnati Bearcat fan, I am looking forward to a good season with our top 6 scorers back from a 2nd round team last year that gave Ky. a good game before bowing out.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Forum MVP

Besides having 0 centers and unable to rebound UK has a far superior team to last. If they could have rebounded, Duke would have lost by 30. 3 1st round NBA guards on this team. By far the best backcourt in the country. And all 3 are point guards. Completely unstoppable last night. Ulis had 18 points 6 assists 4 boards and I think 3-4 steals with 0 turnovers. You do that and you don't lose. And he will be the lowest drafted among the 3 and he's possibly the best point in the country. His size kills him for the NBA but in college he dominated last night. Skal Labissiere is too weak at this point and was hopeless guarding the big men. But hes a 3-4 position in the NBA and he's had 2 15 point halves so far this year. Unfortunately we need a defender down low and he lacks those skills. Put Towns on this team and it could be one of the best in history. Last year cats had 4 centers. This year none. Last year the 2 starting guards were horrible. This year we start 3 guards and they are insanely good. This will be a fun team to watch this year. Go Cats!!!

• Forum MVP

Looks like on hoops signing day, calipari added 2 big recruits to their already loaded class. Now they have the 5,6, and 7th ranked kids besides 2 other in the top 30. Duke has a solid class as well. Surprisingly Mississippi St got 6 players in the top 100. In a few years they have potential to make a deep run as those kids won't be likely getting drafted too early.

image.png

images upload

• 2 weeks later...
  • Forum MVP

So UK played their 1st games sans Tylet Ulis last night who is out with luckily only a hyperextended elbow after a player landed on his arm as he was scrambling for the ball. They looked horrible. Barely beat a subpar team. They committed 9 TOs 1st half and it was tied at the half. You could see what happens when you lose possibly the best pure point guard in college. Their 2 freshmen "point guard" superstars are really college and pro 2 guards. They are great at the 2 but not as a pure point. UCLA is Thursday and I don't see him back in the lineup yet unfortunately as its his shooting arm that's injured and he's fortunate he pulled his arm out as quickly as he did or he may have been looking at a season ender. We were talking early in the season and commented that there's only 1 player we can't lose and still have a shot to win it and that's Tyler.

• Forum MVP

UK got smoked last night. Losing our only rebounder 2 minutes in and with Ulis still hurt even though he played 38 minutes didbt help. Skal got exposed last night. I'd been telling my friends all year that no way is he the number 2 draft pick. He's weak. He doesn't fight. Bad hands(possibly b/c he's too weak). He reclassified for this class which means he should be a high school senior which contributes to his weakness. Omg wish uk had ben Simmons. His stat line last game was 43 points on 15/20 shooting. 14 boards, 7 assists, 5 steals and 3 blocks. Holy shit. He's averaging 19.9 points. 16 boards and 6 assists and he's getting that many rebounds pretty much as the teams point guard. Some lucky team who gets the 1st pick will be enjoying him in the NBA next year.

• Forum MVP

He's going to fall into the Philly 76ers cesspool. Skal really needs to hit the weight room, he will be useless in the NBA until he gets stronger.

What's nuts is draft express had skal as the number 1 mock draft pick lol

• 2 weeks later...
  • Forum MVP

Congrats Matt. U guys completely out hustled us the whole game. Skal Labissierre should not be in the game. We have a big 7 footer who sat the whole game as we were beaten up on the boards while the most overrated player I've ever seen started the game. If anyone drafts him top 15 they are an idiot. He has zero instinct and takes almost an entire second to react to anything. He jumped to block 3 shots while the dribbler was still moving towards the goal. Don't think he's gotten even 3 boards in the last 4 games.

• Forum MVP

SC breaks into the top 25 in BBall at 11-0. Have never heard of most of the teams they've beaten, but they are in the SEC so conference play not quite so daunting. Guess they figured without Spurrier, might as well become a basketball school....

• Forum MVP

SC breaks into the top 25 in BBall at 11-0. Have never heard of most of the teams they've beaten, but they are in the SEC so conference play not quite so daunting. Guess they figured without Spurrier, might as well become a basketball school....

True that......and the Lady Gamecocks (#2) are kicking ass too.......collectively both teams undefeated thus far.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Forum MVP

Simmons is the real deal. Gamecocks may challenge Kentucky this year, Big blue not looking too strong. Although I am not sure if South Carolina has played anyone yet. I saw a bit of their game against Memphis and it looked like a couple of fairly equal teams and Memphis is in a rebuilding year.

• Forum MVP

U.K. Is not looking good at all. No bigs. We needed Simmons or Diallo from Kansas and got neither. Uk also has no outside shooting. Brisco is a solid defender and slasher but can't shoot. He's under 40% FT's and he was a PG?? Wtf.

And Simmons is the real deal. Today's articles said Simmons was a non factor. I'm like umm he didn't miss a shot. Got 10 boards. 3 steals. 2 steals from ulis. Seriously. He stole 2 balls from the best ball handling pg in the country. He also drew most of those fouls from Lee and poythress that fouled them out early.

• Forum MVP

Their coach is a top recruiter. He also got another top 30 recruit in Blakeney. They are also in the running for top talent next year but after how he's coached this talent he likely won't bring in anyone too good in the future.

Simmons is the best talent I've seen in college ball that I can recall. He could start for probably every pro team right this second and be a big contributor off the bat. Whoever wins the NBA lottery is getting a superstar.

• Forum MVP

Brandon Ingram may end up going #1 in the draft, though I agree that Simmons is amazing and may indeed go #1.

Apparently Simmons really liked Duke, but there was a long-standing connection with one the LSU coaches dating back to childhood.

Too bad we won't see LSU making noise come March.....a shame really.

Archived