Drums

Spanish Jam

The Other One

Goin' Down The Road Feeling Bad

Morning Dew

Sugar Magnolia

U.S. Blues

• Forum MVP

There was also a White Rabbit filler and Lisa killed it as usual. Fantastic show from start to finish. Lots of psychedelic jamming and downright rick 'n roll! Some unusual versions of songs that were new and in the case of Throwin' Stones, newly broken out. West L.A. had an unusual Ginger verse. According to Dead.net,

"The earliest versions of the song (eg 12 Sep 1982) included a verse that Robert Hunter sang but Garcia soon dropped from his version:

Here's what Ginger says
She walks right, she ain't nobody's fool
Here's what Ginger says
She always tries to play by the golden rule
She says if you treat other people all right
Other folks probably treat you right too"

• Forum MVP

There was also a White Rabbit filler and Lisa killed it as usual. Fantastic show from start to finish. Lots of psychedelic jamming and downright rick 'n roll! Some unusual versions of songs that were new and in the case of Throwin' Stones, newly broken out. West L.A. had an unusual Ginger verse. According to Dead.net,

"The earliest versions of the song (eg 12 Sep 1982) included a verse that Robert Hunter sang but Garcia soon dropped from his version:

Here's what Ginger says

She walks right, she ain't nobody's fool

Here's what Ginger says

She always tries to play by the golden rule

She says if you treat other people all right

Other folks probably treat you right too"

I just checked out the Lakeland 9-12-82 West LA.  Cool "ginger" verse! Awesome DSO is all over that.

• Forum MVP

pretty sure the "Touch " was the first the GD ever played...I was at the Garden shows a few days after Portland and was also at the Lakeland Show !

Close! Deadbase says it was the first "Throwing Stones" but "Touch of Grey" was first played on 9/15/82 as an encore at the Capital Centre in Landover. They hadn't played "High Time" in about a year until 9/14. Later in 1982 on 12/30, they played " Hard to Handle" for the first time since 8/26/71 and the first "Tell Mama"

pretty sure the "Touch " was the first the GD ever played...I was at the Garden shows a few days after Portland and was also at the Lakeland Show !

Close! Deadbase says it was the first "Throwing Stones" but "Touch of Grey" was first played on 9/15/82 as an encore at the Capital Centre in Landover. They hadn't played "High Time" in about a year until 9/14. Later in 1982 on 12/30, they played " Hard to Handle" for the first time since 8/26/71 and the first "Tell Mama"

Bix you never cease to amaze me. I was at Landover and Portland ~ did most of east coast tour that year and I don't remember anything played~34 years ago. I could tell you a couple interesting stories but that's about it.

Archived