Pro Football

bs69

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Forum MVP

I mean the cowboys could have been stuck with Carson wentz. I guess if nothing else we didn't lose draft picks to take him. Plus we got the best rookie QB in history and the best RB in the league in 1 draft. That would have all been a dream if we traded up. Dodged a serious bullet there.

• Forum MVP

I'm excited to watch Dak fall back to the mean. Never has a rookie been giving such a ready made team with such a stout offense line. I don't think this guy is a future hall of famer. Not from what I've seen. Slightly better Alex smith. Game manager.

A few years from now you'll see what I see fandom blinds you. Carson Wentz will prove to be the better NFL quarterback.

• Forum MVP

If you think qbs can throw 90% games because of offensive lines you didn't watch the cowboys last year go 4-12 with the same line and one of the best rushing attks in the league.

I'd bet the lions too. Cowboys clinched the number 1 seed. They won't run zeke much at all.

But..the cowboys don't want to play romo at all for a controversy. Normally Dak would play 2 quarters then backup with the nfc 1 seed locked but that could give haters fodder. The news creates its own controversies because that makes them revenue.

Dak won't have a 5-1 career TD-int ratio. No doubt. But if you don't turn it over u win games. TOs kill u in NFL. He's a great manager and now with the new short game package for blitz control the coaches finally adapted a proper strategy.

I think the lions take the game.

• Forum MVP

You complete 90 percent by being accurate but also from having great protection and maybe most importantly by calling a lot of short conservative passes. He had a great game. Team was ready made for success. Cowboys would be in same spot or better with a healthy Romo. Dak hasn't had much value added for me.

• Forum MVP

i dont try to tell philly how to be a horrible team. I'd stick to worrying about your team and the issues they have ahead. The haters want to create conflict inside dallas. The media tried to create a nonsense controversy. Dez had a nice comment for the people trying to stir things up. There's a reason the team is behind this kid. He's a better leader than romo.

I'll enjoy the 1 seed and hope for the future instead of worrying every time romo gets hit and watching season after season go down the crapper. I was there when romo botched the freaking extra point. That was heart breaking. I've watched romo have great game then horrible game. Romo never had a stretch of games like this in his career. He's a crap QB who's legacy is 2 playoff wins. Good riddance. No true cowboy is gonna miss romo.

• Forum MVP

I think your worry about your own team is nonsense. I'm a fan of football. I will play Monday morning quarterback for any team any time. I won't actually worry about any team. I'm not the gm or the coach or a member of upper management. I'm not even the ball boy. Just a fan of football. No need to worry as my livelihood and the success of the team not dependent on my opinion. I will continue to develop an opinion about all teams and share whenever I see fit.

Romo has a shit legacy right now. Next year with the broncos he makes his true legacy. One title changes everything. Romo would change his stars this year but the rookie played too well to give him a chance. The rookie will choke and have 0 playoff wins. I won't say that defines his legacy.

• Forum MVP

Regardless if dallas loses game 1 and they very well may, it means nothing. It will be disappointing but you make these kinds of statements and once in a blue moon you get it correct and you use it to prove a nonsense statement like Romo should start. No matter what happens romo shouldn't start. Last year you said how overrated the SEC was until they set the record. This year you said the same thing. One time they won't end up 9-2 or 8-3 and you will be like I told you so. I'm the king of being correct. No. you aren't. You just make outrageous statements and are mostly wrong then that 1 time u are right you hawk on it. It's like that president I won't name. He does the exact same thing then voila he was right all the time and will remind you nonstop he was right. Dallas could lose to Green Bay if they get them. They are playing huge right now. This is NFL. Anything can happen. Wins or losses don't prove definitively anything. Just like Dak having a recird setting game after you called for romo doesn't price anything except how bad your GM skills are. Done arguing about this. I understand u just want to get under my skin about sports but at least offer insightful, fair analysis to debate, not complete nonsense bro. Only a coach who doesn't want a job plays romo. Can u imagine romo playing then losing round 1? There would be freaking riots. Jones would deserve to have his home burned down, literally. We've dealt with too much for 20 years to have him ruin it. Let it play out but rumors that jones will force romo to play in playoffs from skip Bayless are nuts.

• Forum MVP

Why do you find it so hard to believe I honestly think Romo has a better chance of winning super bowl. Broncos would've been stupid to stick Oswieller. I think cowboys stupid to stick with Dak. He can prove me wrong. I'm not making outrageous predictions I'm expressing my opinion. I have to see match up but I'd take Seattle or GB over Dallas right now. I lean towards Eli if they draw the giants.

Dak been great. Great rookie season. Maybe he proves me wrong but I see him crashing and burning.

And one of these times the SEC will be down. This could be the year

• Forum MVP

Garrett will play Dak and all healthy starters almost all game. I bet we see Sanchez b4 romo. Romo has to be healthy in case Dak gets hurt. Romo is like Samuel l Jackson character in unbreakable. He's got brittle bone disease.

• Forum MVP

Are u hot for tony? Like you have some ridiculous man crush. U want dallas to beat the eagles? Are u a traitor to your philly roots? Again tonight Dak showed why if they had a redraft he'd go 1st pick. He had the highest passer rating again this week of any QB plus had the highest deep throw passer rating of any QB this week. He's top 3 yards per attempt for the season. He's top 2 or 3 QB rating depending on which one. He's laser accurate whether in the pocket or on the run. He doesn't make mistakes. 23 TDs passing 4 ints. That's a brilliant year for any QB much less a rookie. And if you think it's the O line, they had the same one last year. Plus Dak has the 3rd highest under pressure QB rating as well. Tonight he threw 4 20+ air yard perfect passes. The dude is just straight up good. The cowboys are playing well. Doug free on the line is the only weak spot committing 2 penaties again this week. Will be fun to watch us dismantle the eagles next week. Jones said already Romo won't play unless Dak is injured.

The thing that made Dak ready was playing on a team with zero drafted offensive players and having to deal with defenses with lots of NFL players on them. Playing NFL is easy in comparison to playing Bama with only mediocre players protecting you. He'd get hit nonstop but took the hits. He had miss state at number 1. They had no skill players. He had phenomenal stats in college playing in a defensive league. He makes proper reads. Stafford tonight threw horrible passes and interceptions which let dallas come back. Dak threw most of his 5 incompletions tonight away. Kid doesn't panic. He protects the ball 1st. Throws out of bounds or takes the sack vs the int.

Get ready for 5-10 years of the Boys beating up on the eagles. It's gonna be aikman and smith again. You are probably too young to remember those days of dallas dominance but after a few years the pain of seeing cowboys on the schedule will begin to take hold. That comeback early in the season was just the 1st taste.

• Forum MVP

Typical hater. Nothing matters if they don't win it all. No matter if they won a Super Bowl you would say if they don't repeat they are failures lol. Then it would be if they don't 3peat it shows they were a fluke. Unfortunately I'll be on my way home so can't watch the philly Dallas game with u in person ;)

• Forum MVP

Look

2 scenarios the stick with Dak looks bad.

They lose first playoff game. They shouldn't lose. They will be favorites.

Romo wins super bowl somewhere else next year.

Otherwise Dak looks great. I still wouldn't burn a first pick on him but I guess I'm not as impressed as you.

I still think Wentz has better tools. I like QBs that can throw down field. But you could easily argue he would be top pick in redraft.

• Forum MVP

For the past 40+ years I've been disappointed at this time of the season. And now it comes down to a win over the Packers, which I hope they lose.

Please tell me you're goin reverse psychology on this.

• Forum MVP

Look

2 scenarios the stick with Dak looks bad.

They lose first playoff game. They shouldn't lose. They will be favorites.

Romo wins super bowl somewhere else next year.

Otherwise Dak looks great. I still wouldn't burn a first pick on him but I guess I'm not as impressed as you.

I still think Wentz has better tools. I like QBs that can throw down field. But you could easily argue he would be top pick in redraft.

U think wentz can throw downfield better. Was it that 180 yd passing game vs Dallas where he threw 50x?

So as GM you don't take the QB to have the best rookie season by far in the history of the NFL in the 1st round at all. You don't take a QB who has the 3rd highest QB rating in the top 32 picks? You don't take a guy who led 2 impossible comebacks back to back vs eagles and Pittsburgh? This is why you aren't a great analyst. I still take wentz top 3 because he has potential. Dak goes 1 because he's mostly there already. Romo hasn't had this good of a season. He lost many many games with int after int.

So tea what did you think about dallas' new QB last night?

Archived