Pro Football

bs69

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Forum MVP

If Prescott improves even 10% over his career, Dallas will be a perennial contender and win a superbowl or 2. He was pretty much perfect in the 4th quarter and if not for bad play calling and a rusty team early, the cowboys could have had it.

It's time for Jerry Jones to care about defense!!!!!

In the NFC you have Rodgers and Ryan. You have to build a team to beat throwing teams. Spending bottom 5 in defense leads to starts like this. The cowboys overperformed with that defense. They won't always. They need talent or they will be doomed to repeat games like this.

• Forum MVP

Mississippi State, wtf. If only the Lions could find players like him.

You do know Dak took them to nunber 1 his junior season with zero talent around him. I watched daks last 2 games va bama and being hit every play he never got rattled. He was freshman, sophomore, junior and senior sec player of the year.

He's 6'1". Pros think that's too short. They would rather take a 6'5" guy who can't throw straight and maybe never will than a shorter QB. I mean look at Flutie. Daks no where near that short but 3" thankfully dropped him to the cowboys. We got lucky. Rams can keep their tall scrub Goff who played against soft defense his whole career. I'll take my shorter 240 pound qb. That size too makes the hits easier to take.

FYI daks stats are nearly identical to his SEC stats. Completion % within a point. Never threw ints. That's gonna be the biggest thing. Turnovers cost something like 2.5 points per TO in the NFL. Games are so close in this league that that can be a big amount to give away.

Until 2017 season......

• Forum MVP

Those games sucked - especially after the competitive Divisional rounds.

I hope the Chowds get humbled - it would we wicked awesome!

But..... Green bay being destroyed was thoroughly satisfying to me!!!!!

• Forum MVP

It shouldn't be. It means Dallas lost to a team that isn't even that great. The love affair with Dak will die for you. He's 0 and 1 now. He gonna keep failing. He doesn't have what wentz has or any other big arm quarterback. He's a dink and dunk guy. Slightly better than Alex smith. We've seen how that turned out. Your kid just isn't actually that good.

• Forum MVP

It shouldn't be. It means Dallas lost to a team that isn't even that great. The love affair with Dak will die for you. He's 0 and 1 now. He gonna keep failing. He doesn't have what wentz has or any other big arm quarterback. He's a dink and dunk guy. Slightly better than Alex smith. We've seen how that turned out. Your kid just isn't actually that good.

I'm a Redskins fan, but I'm like "Wow!"......are you just baiting Rude, or do you honestly believe that his best NFL season is behind him?

He looked better to me than any NFL rookie QB in my lifetime (and I'm 51)!

• Forum MVP

I think the improvement will be small. He will never be as good as Marino. That guy never won. He will never even be as good as farve. Brady and manning status. I was impressed for a rookie but only because he's a rookie. I watched his game. Many time he missed the big down field throw. This particular game his clock management sucked. How can you give Rodgers that much time left.

• Forum MVP

Alex smith is a very serviceable QB by the way. Makes playoffs. With that line and running game. In my opinion he actually would have outperformed Dak in the post season. The regular season is essentially irrelevant if you don't win in the playoffs.

• Forum MVP

Judging rookie QBs is unfair historically. The game has changed so much. The best QB season are all recent. Every 5 years you can gonna see "the best rookie QB season ever". It a skewed statistic in a game skew towards passing. Have you ever in your life seen a rookie get an o line and running game that he had? Best offensive line a rookie ever had. I just didn't see elite. I think matt Ryan is a better quarterback.

• Forum MVP

I'm a Redskins fan, but I'm like "Wow!"......are you just baiting Rude, or do you honestly believe that his best NFL season is behind him?

He looked better to me than any NFL rookie QB in my lifetime (and I'm 51)!

Hes delusional.  Now he's arguing that Matt Ryan, a 10 year pro and leading passer in the NFL, is better.  Well duh.  Ryan has better weapons too.  I wouldnt trade Dak for any QB in the league considering the only ones Id want are 35 yrs old.  He loves to forget that Dak never failed on a comeback himself.  He never went 4 and out ever this year.  Even in the 2 giants losses he was driving to win.  Dez fumbled in 1 game and in the 1st game of the season the WR decides to cut inside with 4 seconds left at the 35 instead of stepping out of bounds.  Against Green Bay he brought them back 2x and never touched the ball again.  When was the last time a QB went a whole year without a 4 and out to lose?

This best offensive line stuff has to stop.  Dallas DOES NOT have the best line.  They have the best rush line.  New England has BY FAR the best pass protect line.  Does he say Brady is a product of his line?  Dallas ranked something like 14th in pass protection. 

• Forum MVP

I'm gonna stop Brady line isn't better. He makes them look better by moving in the pocket. I'm not delusional. Dak will not end up the best young QB going forward. Over 35. You wouldn't take Wilson?

When Dak wins the super bowl call me delusional otherwise he is never going to reach the greatness you expect of him and have already given him.

• Forum MVP

I'm gonna stop Brady line isn't better. He makes them look better by moving in the pocket. I'm not delusional. Dak will not end up the best young QB going forward. Over 35. You wouldn't take Wilson?

When Dak wins the super bowl call me delusional otherwise he is never going to reach the greatness you expect of him and have already given him.

LOL so now he has to win the super bowl.  Matt Ryan has never won a superbowl.  Is he a scrub too?

Im not saying Dak will be the best ever.  Top 5 every year will be sufficient :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • Forum MVP

While Father Time is undefeated and when it goes, it goes quickly, Brady probably has 2 seasons left.  

I like the Pats to win - not quite as high scoring as the pundits suggest:  24 - 21

• Forum MVP
On ‎1‎/‎23‎/‎2017 at 10:29 PM, Mason's Child said:

Judging rookie QBs is unfair historically. The game has changed so much. The best QB season are all recent. Every 5 years you can gonna see "the best rookie QB season ever". It a skewed statistic in a game skew towards passing. Have you ever in your life seen a rookie get an o line and running game that he had? Best offensive line a rookie ever had. I just didn't see elite. I think matt Ryan is a better quarterback.

Pittsburgh in Big Ben's rookie season comes to mind. Of course, they won the super Bowl

Archived