College Basketball

bs69

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Forum MVP

No complaints with the field, some of the seeds are a bit suspect though. West looks really easy and the South is loaded. My Bearcats got the shaft again with UCLA in the 2nd round in Sacramento, ouch!

• Forum MVP

Looks like I'll be at the St. Louis and Nashville shows. Uk would nedd to beat witchita, ucla and Carolina in a row. That's brutal. On the other hand Louisville seems to have a super easy 2 slot with oregon who lost a key player and Kansas who dropped a deuce against tcu. 

• Forum MVP

Duke

Gonzaga                                       Duke

UNC                                            Duke wins 77-73

Kansas

UNC

• Forum MVP

I have duke Arizona Kansas ucla final four

duke ovrr ucla final

ACC benefitted in basketball this year same way SEC does in football basically every year. The top teams pull the value of the bottom teams up. A close loss to a team like duke or unc gets treated almost like a win but analytics and some of the committee. I'm not saying ACC didn't deserve to get their teams in but some of the teams were over ranked on the tournaments. Of course hindsight is 20/20. I still think duke has a great chance to win it all.

My bracket going to shit. I'm still first amongst 6 friends in a friendly and I don't really gamble but I'm back to like 55000 out of a half million on the yahoo free 25k thing. Louisville and nova both in my elite 8. I took a lot of chalk. I don't watch enough over the year to know what upsets to pick. So I pick 2 to 3 11, 12 upsets. One higher seed to go deep but it's mostly random without knowledge picks. 

• Forum MVP

Basketball and football are 2 completely different type games at the top. The number 1 team is only expected to beat a 50th by 10% of their score. In almost every game the top seeds were down at 1 point. That won't happen in football. There's no getting hot and hitting 3 shots in a row in football. The NCAA basketball tourney isn't a true indicator at all of which conference is better. In a game with 170 points the best is favored by 7 means anything can happen.  if Arkansas won it wouldn't diminish the acc anymore than carolina winning means the acc is better. 

And MC watching more hoops won't tell u which upsets will happen. It will only make your picks that more frustrating when they lose by 20. 

• Forum MVP

I love Duke basketball, but the Gamecocks are my home town team that I grew up with. This weekend they ended a 44-year drought without an NCAA tourney win and will go to the Sweet 16 for the first time in school history.

I'm pulling for the Gamecocks and the Wolverines now......both teams fueled by magic dust as of late.

They don't call it March Madness for nothing......

• Forum MVP

So in this pool of 150 brackets some dude had 14/16 sweet 16 teams. I think I have 8 left lol. 14 means u picked at least 1 of the  3 1-2 seed upsets plus missed no others. That's nuts considering only 150 people in the pool.  

• Forum MVP
14 minutes ago, rudedogggg said:

So in this pool of 150 brackets some dude had 14/16 sweet 16 teams. I think I have 8 left lol. 

That's crazy picking-prowess!  There were people betting pretty heavy that nobody would have the sweet 16.  If I'm not mistaken, I think the Notre Dame loss killed the perfect brackets that were out there.  I have these left:

Baylor, Florida, Gonzaga, Arizona, Kansas, Oregon, UNC, Butler, UCLA

• Forum MVP

Boy Kansas sure does look good!  They have good depth and when they get rollin, they are by far the best team left in the field.  

While the other games went down to the wire and were exciting, there was very little flow to the play.  So many damn whistles.....it got tough to watch - especially the WVU v. Gonzaga game.  The refs had to review a bad call they made for nearly 10 minutes with less than 2 minutes to play!  I get making sure they got it right after botching it up to begin with, but it totally destroyed any rhythm the teams were trying to cultivate. I still love college basketball with all of its warts!  

My bracket is officially a smoking crater with AZ bowing out at the hands of Xavier :unsure:

• Forum MVP

Arizona sank both Koritz's and my brackets last night in our big money pool. Damn shame because if we had either a Zona / UCLA or a Zona / UNC final we were looking real good. Still have the Tarheels left in one bracket but need some things to happen.

And btw Sean Miller was badly outcoached by his friend that replaced him at Xavier. Once again Miller falls short in a year that everything was set up perfectly for him to reach the Final Four.  

• Forum MVP
3 hours ago, Mason's Child said:

I haven't been getting enough sleep but something about college cheerleaders cheering on the cocks makes me smile. 

Back in the 70's & 80's, the female Carolina cheerleaders had "Go Cocks" printed in white letters on their asses......you could only see it when their skirts flew up while flying through the air during cheers......it was outrageous and wonderful

• Forum MVP

UNC v. Kentucky - Instant Classic!  While the last-second shot by May didn't exercise the buzzer-beater by Villanova last year, it did help soften that blow!

This tournament has just had way too many whistles.  I get trying not lose control of the game but they did a poor job trying to establish a rhythm and flow for the players to dial into.

The Heels got the better end of calls in this game.  It's not the sole reason KY came up short but there were more than a few head-scratchers.  

Heres to an all-Carolina final :)

Archived