JANNUS LIVE - ST. PETERSBURG, FL

RESCHEDULED FROM 4/2

FRI, DEC 11

SAINT AUGUSTINE AMPHITHEATRE - ST. AUGUSTINE, FL

RESCHEDULED FROM 4/3

SUN, DEC 13

PLAZA LIVE - ORLANDO, FL

RESCHEDULED FROM 4/5

Dream on. I dont see groups of 50+ gathering together until there is an adequate vaccine which wont be til next spring, and even then it will be for essential workers.  If we're lucky, we may get back to work (socially distanced, masked) and 1/2 capacity restaurants by summer. The "bomb" scenario in gatherings of folks with no immunity is terrifying, ie the funeral in rural GA, the med confrence in Boston, some party in CT...

There will be a point in America where people will just say fuck it. Not sure if that’s 3 months or 6 months but the time will come when printing money is no longer feasible. The worst part is spring is here. That’s the depressing part. I think I’m taking up disc golf again. Can’t think of anything else to do......

4 hours ago, Rude said:

Touring opposite Deadco may be rough. Plus indoors in summer isn’t ideal. 

Rough for Dead and Company.

Not that any of it is gonna happen .

Praise DSO.

Seems like the Appalachain trail might be something to do during this time. Then again, the logistics of town visits and resupply are really fucked now too l guess. That, and the AT had a bad norovirus outbreak last year, so it would be wise to avoid the bubble of folks that migrate south to north starting right about now. Agreed, l dont know what to do. Another walk, then start drinking, eating, smoking again tonite. Supposed to be in pompano for vacation right now, Arrrrr!

5 hours ago, friendofthedead said:

Seems like the Appalachain trail might be something to do during this time. Then again, the logistics of town visits and resupply are really fucked now too l guess. That, and the AT had a bad norovirus outbreak last year, so it would be wise to avoid the bubble of folks that migrate south to north starting right about now. Agreed, l dont know what to do. Another walk, then start drinking, eating, smoking again tonite. Supposed to be in pompano for vacation right now, Arrrrr!

i thru hiked the AT in 2005. Started April 15th and finished oct 15. Do it!!!  Just send your resupply to the post offices. Pack your boxes and have family mail them when you call with the address. Set them as hold for hiker and they all hold at the office. You won’t be able to go to a restaurant or bar and scarf down 3000 calories or mooch drinks as you tell your stories(I got so much booze food and weed free just using the “it’s tough thru hiking not being able to make any money” and you get all sorts of stuff bought for you). 

gogogo. Pro tip: 50% of the stuff you think you need, you don’t. The clothes on your back plus a jacket are the only clothes you need. You may actually need a tent with social distancing stuff, but I did it with no tent. That’s 4 pounds you don’t need. And get some trail runners. Hiking boots are too heavy. 

I did the Mnt Rogers, VA section of the AT with my son three weeks ago and we didn't get within a half mile of anybody,.... Oh glorious solitude. 

Thanks. Just day dreaming again. Lucky to have an essential job and the wife would freak out anyway. Maybe some day. Ive done some sections in NH, TN, VA, never enough to be truly trail hardened though. I do like the idea of a restaurant, shower and bed once a week. I hope this ends soon too