RIP Mike "Kdubfan" Karns

jfolks

• Forum MVP

We lost one of our brothers yesterday. I don't know any details, but this very well could be COVID-related because he was recently hospitalized in Feb for a respiratory issue I believe.

He was one of the best. Love you brother.

• Forum MVP

I am so sorry! He truly was a brother, and contributed a lot to our world here. Like many, he hadn’t been posting lately and because of distance and time contact can be lost. But spirit is something that no one destroys.

Thank you for sharing this, Jordan. His light is missed.

• Forum MVP

Deeply saddened by this. I first met Mike around 15 years ago and have enjoyed many a show with him. Unfortunately I hadn't seen him since the Cincy show last summer. His health wasn't the best the last few years so it's definitely possible it was Covid related as Jordan suggested but I don't know for sure. Rest in peace brother

• Forum MVP

A true brother. 

We was never that close but always enjoyed a drink, a smile, a chat when we saw each other. A late night or two at the ledges. We was never that close but without a doubt kindred spirits. You will be missed. 

I never met Mike in person, but we connected online about tie dye a couple years ago and we talked about DSO, made some loose plans to try to meet up at the Jubilee. Was easy to tell he was a nice guy and always had some positive stuff to say. Rest In Peace

• Forum MVP

I think he was the first forum member to friend me way back in the day. Never met him but always enjoyed his contributions. In addition to all other lives, deadhead lives matter to me. Rest easy Kdub, we'll keep it goin.

• Forum MVP
16 hours ago, gr8fulpair said:

Def not the lake at the ledges behind them, but agree, what a great pic, happy Dad. ❤️

Yeah,  lakes too big. Always think about the ledges on 4th of July weekend

On 7/1/2020 at 7:39 AM, Michael Doc Watson said:

Mike, Keller, and Hunter, circa 2010No photo description available.

Mike will be missed. He persuaded me to bring a rake year after to year to the Ledges to keep my campsite tight!!

I know his health hadn't been good for a while now...so sad...I can't help but think of his kids and who will help look after them... Love you my brother!

Archived