Are you ready for some football.

Rude

• Forum MVP

Chiefs vs Texans tomorrow night. Sweet!!!!!!  Can’t wait. This is the 1st time no team has any clue what the other will do. No one was allowed at training camp and no preseason. Fares well for new coaches or systems. But nfl defenders adapt quickly so not like when Kentucky went from a wishbone to Tim couch west coast offense with the new coach. 

• Forum MVP

With teams travelling and no stringent league-wide protocol for virus containment (that I could find),  I think there are going to be positive tests.  The question is whether the optics of COVID-19 clusters within teams competing in a gladiator sport (with sponsors) is enough to postpone games.  Get your popcorn ready..

I could really use some football but I'm not sure they gonna make it through a season - I'll take what I can get tho.  I said I took what I could get, and she looked at me with those big brown eyes, and said.....................

• Forum MVP

The season is on. Players who test positive will have to sit out which could really affect it but football is an essential business like we all know. Will we close gas stations and grocers?  If we don’t close gas stations we can’t close football. 

hopefully it’s a good game tonight. KC’s offense looks more stacked than last year. Will be hard to stop them with that LSU bowling ball at RB and he’s a solid receiver too. 

• Forum MVP

Please don't be stupid and bet any of these games,  total crapshoot. My initial thought with NHL and NBA bubbles was that there would be fewer upsets due to the lack of home advantage. I don't think football will be able to keep players consistently available making things much more unpredictable

• Forum MVP
20 hours ago, Rude said:

The season is on. Players who test positive will have to sit out which could really affect it but football is an essential business like we all know. Will we close gas stations and grocers?  If we don’t close gas stations we can’t close football. 

hopefully it’s a good game tonight. KC’s offense looks more stacked than last year. Will be hard to stop them with that LSU bowling ball at RB and he’s a solid receiver too. 

Edwards-helaire dominated the game. He had 12 runs for 102 yards to start the game and only his 5 carries from the 1 up the middle that went nowhere lowered his average to 5.6 ypc. Once the chiefs get their passing figured out with time this is gonna be 1 hard team to stop. Rookie RB’s FTW. Can’t believe my cowboys signed a 6 year extension that won’t even start until next year on ours. Geeze. He sort of ran how zeke did his rookie year. 

on another note, who’s Deshaun going to pass to this year. Those receivers are a weak group. Signing your QB to 40m a year with no receivers to throw to doesn’t seem like a winning strategy. But week 1 you have to be able to run the ball. They were able to early then they gave up on David Johnson after he had a great half. 

you can’t really tell from week 1 but looks like KC is the team to beat again. 

• Forum MVP
18 hours ago, Mason's Child said:

Kc looked good but don’t sleep on my birds 😜

cowboys losing 2 all pros on their offensive line is going to hurt really bad. I’m nervous about facing the redskins. Their defensive ends are freaking scary. Chase young and montrez Harrell. Both 1st rounders and there to stay for a while. Plus they added some stars in the middle. You can’t lose 2 star offensive lineman and protect your QB the way you need to no matter how many weapons you have on offense Travis Frederick won’t be easily replaced at center. He was the rock. Then Lael Collins who only allowed 1 sack all 2019 at right tackle may be even a bigger loss. The cowboys secondary is gonna look like the eagles did last year at that position.  2 are already hurt from one of the leagues weakest group plus a rookie 2nd round whos gotta start and play a lot. Gonna be an interesting Sunday 

• Forum MVP

Brady looks ready for forced retirement. Joe burrow looks every bit the rookie vs a horrible team that couldn’t even get pressure on him. Burrow’s last drive gave him some stats to not look completely horrible but watched every play of his and Brady’s and both dinked and dunked but burrow missed 3 wide open TDs. Beady missed several but they actually had defenders unlike burrows with no one near. A buddy said Burrow is a for sure hall of famer. I’m like we don’t know if he’s gonna still be playing in 5 years. Watched enough football to know there are no sure things. 

• Forum MVP

Holy shit!!! Down 20 points early and 19 at the half because of 3 turnovers and 2 failed fake punts, the Cowboys clawed back with no help from their defense to win 40-39 after recovering an onside kick and kicking the fg with no time on the clock. McCarthy is still in the running for worst coach of the year, but he got bailed out today. 

• Forum MVP

Cowboys game just went to commercial with studio version of Sugar Mags playing in the background. I went into the kitchen to get a cup of coffee, Troy Aikman is blabbering about something football and my ear caught the guitar lick, went back into the living room to hear Bobby start up the lyrics. One of the many highlights of my day. 

• Forum MVP

I really shouldn’t make noise about the team 1st in the nfc East considering my boys are on pace for the worst defense ever. Allowing 36 pts a game. They allow 3 points per opponent possession which is also record pace. Comeback vs Seattle to take the lead. 4th and 3 Seattle. Conversion then score the td a play later on a wide open bomb. Get to within 3 of the browns with 4 mins left and a timeout. Allow a 50 yard run 1st play the end it. It he cowboys have a big 12 defense with their 2 worst players locked in for 5 more years at $150 mil. That’s a death sentence. At this point I’d almost consider a rebuild. Zekes new 6 year 90 mil contact doesn’t kick in until next year. Another bonehead move. Adding 6 years to a 5 year contract on a RB. Insane. There’s almost no point keeping Dak if there’s no money to build a defense. New Orleans had 3 straight 7-9 years with a top 5 QB because of a bottom 5 defense. They eventually shored it up but a QB alone cannot win. New England spent more on defense than offense during their runs. Jerry Jones allocates 20 mil on average more to offense than defense. It’s just not how you win in the league. Even if you look at college the teams that consistently win are top 5 defenses. Bama won with straight running teams before the Tua years because of elite defenses. LSU Clemson Ohio state bama Georgia all have top 10 defenses so they contend. Oklahoma never makes a splash because their defense sucks vs real teams.  

• 2 weeks later...
  • Forum MVP

I read an article that said that if you combined the entire horrible NFC east you wouldn’t even be the best team in football. $900 mil in cap total lol. Cowboys and eagles have no offense line left from beginning of the year b/c of injuries and the giants and redskins didn’t have one to start with. We’d have wentz at QB. Yes you’d have a great WR group mostly from the cowboys. The defense would be amazing But pulled mostly from the redskins with chase young and Montez sweat at DE and their 2 Bama tackles . The cowboys would likely put 0 defensive players on the conference team. That’s how bad the nfc East is this year.  The saddest thing to me is the cowboys aren’t even injured on defense at all and are on pace for worst defense ever. There’s a path where a team can win the nfc East at 4-11-1 or a more slim path for a 4-12 team to host a home playoff game. That’s pathetic from the greatest conference in nfl history, the conference when 3 different teams combined to win 4 straight super bowls and 6 of 8 and the only conference where every team has won super bowls. Now they are a joke of a conference. 

• Forum MVP

Burrow has potential. I don’t see him as a good QB unless you compare him to Andy, but that’s not much of a bar. Burrow will prob get runner up ROY to Herbert. 

Edit: I mean I don’t see a good QB currently based on the whole season of play. He did have a good game last one but he’s been mostly dink and dunk. 

My boys need a complete rebuild. Unfortunately if we cut the 4 players we need to cut, 2021 will have a cap hit of around 90mil as their guarantees will all hit at once if we cut them and they aren’t trade able with their massive contracts and them underperforming. We’d be unable to field a team in 2021 so it’s cheaper to pay them vs cutting them until 2022. That’s nuts. Worst team in the nfl isn’t the Jets. It’s the cowboys right now. Worst defense plus the worst offense. 2-14 here we come!!!!! If we luck out and get the number 1 pick we could trace down and force the team who needs Trevor to take zekes 90mil contract and Lawrence’s 105m contract. Unfortunately we’d get stuck with their cap hits as the nfl doesn’t want bad teams to eat other teams bad contracts without penalty. 

• 2 months later...
  • Forum MVP

Georgia tried to give the game away many times with 2 Red zone TOs plus the failed red zone 4th down attempt. 

luckily osu had their best game of the year vs Clemson lol. In order to beat bama you need turnovers. If bama commits 0 I don’t see them losing. They played super conservatively vs Notre dame with the lead. Saban takes no chances. Clemsons defense was horrible. Their defensive line is usually their strong suit but it was pathetic. Should be a fun game next Monday. 

Archived