Dave's Picks - Vol 36

Tea

• Forum MVP

3/26 + 27/1987 - Hartford Civic Center

Pre-Order will be on 10/15/20 if you are so inclined

Those Spring '87 shows simply crackled with energy.  Jerry feelin healthy and beginning to hit his stride again

10 hours ago, Tea said:

3/26 + 27/1987 - Hartford Civic Center

Pre-Order will be on 10/15/20 if you are so inclined

Those Spring '87 shows simply crackled with energy.  Jerry feelin healthy and beginning to hit his stride again

Tea what’s up buddy how ya been. Hope things are good man. Where did you see that about Dave’s 36. Dead.net doesn’t have it up yet, but then again that site is a little wacky sometimes. 

• Forum MVP

Coming off the Philly '84 this seems like an odd choice.  Not that these were bad shows, but the band was just getting their touring legs underneath them. It was as if they were gaining steam with each show, and these Hartfords were still early in the tour.  I think Philly and Worcester were both better runs.

That said, the second night featured the first post coma Uncle John's, coming out of space no less, followed by the first post coma Dew. So that's pretty cool. 

I heard that these were Lemeuix's first shows, which could certainly explain the pick.

• Forum MVP
18 hours ago, Vic81 said:

Tea what’s up buddy how ya been. Hope things are good man. Where did you see that about Dave’s 36. Dead.net doesn’t have it up yet, but then again that site is a little wacky sometimes. 

Hey Vic - wassup man?

David Lemiuex let it slip on Twitter.  They are indeed his first shows.

The Rectum ‘87 run may be the top of the heap.

Paging Greg - the birthday boy.  You hit that spring run, no?

• Forum MVP

Spring ‘87, hit all three nights at the Spectrum. I worked every day too. I remember sitting down halfway through the second set on the third night, couldn’t do it anymore. I needed rest but the band kept playing on. They earned my respect then. Just amazed at their energy, drive. Highlights for me, first night, china doll is burnt into my minds eyes. Second night, my first box of rain. Bobby ran around on stage and whispered into the other band members ears before they laid it out. It was miserable Rainy weather that day. I like to think they did it for us. Last night was a rocker,  for sure. Bobby doing Desolation row that night was comparable to Jerry at his best, as far as pulling you in and captivating your senses. For me, that was the best I have seen Bobby perform. 

• 1 month later...

Archived