Thanks (again) to Rob Eaton

John A

• Forum MVP

As I understand it, Charlie Miller has a hard drive that Rob provided him which contains much of Rob's GD material. And Rob has GD material that we don't.

To wit: 10-15-84 (featuring a 50 min Scarlet>Fire>Playin') now circulates in SBD form for the first time, and it's a digital board to boot. Not only that but there were no particularly good audience captures that I know of.  And a new version of 10-20-84 Syracuse (my first show, and its a scorcher) is both a SBD upgrade and a digital source as well. 

This appears to be an omen of good things to come.

Thanks,  Rob!

• Forum MVP
On 12/8/2020 at 11:24 PM, John A said:

As I understand it, Charlie Miller has a hard drive that Rob provided him which contains much of Rob's GD material. And Rob has GD material that we don't.

To wit: 10-15-84 (featuring a 50 min Scarlet>Fire>Playin') now circulates in SBD form for the first time, and it's a digital board to boot. Not only that but there were no particularly good audience captures that I know of.  And a new version of 10-20-84 Syracuse (my first show, and its a scorcher) is both a SBD upgrade and a digital source as well. 

This appears to be an omen of good things to come.

Thanks,  Rob!

dammit. Now gotta get another hard drive. That Eaton 7/6/84 is easily the best sound quality of that year and it’s not even close. Would love to hear more 84 with close to that level of sound. I need top shelf sound. There are enough top shelf boards that you really don’t need more but being a deadhead, 800 boards that are cherry is only 1500 too few. Don’t even get me started on the lack of Jerry boards. They are just collecting dust as 4 shows get released a year. FFS are they on a 200 year plan on releases????

• Forum MVP

Thanks for the kind words... I've been a collector and archivest of music for about 40 years. One of my dear friends was Dick Latvala and he and I exchanged tapes and ultimately he ended up sending me boxes of tapes from the vault I'd copy and send back. This went on for years. Then I started my quest to recover as many of Bettys lost tapes as possible and did a pretty good job there. I'm old and want to get the stuff that I have out to people that want to hear and thats where Charlie comes in. Im not good at the coding etc for the internet (actually I'm just to lazy) but Charlie loves it so this works... I'm glad you all are enjoying the stuff... There is more to come..

Peace

Rob Eaton

16 hours ago, acududeman said:

May I ask how one can hear these jewels of which you speak?

You can sort the recordings on archive.org based on the date they were uploaded, and then also filter for Charlie Miller. Seems like there are new ones every few days.

https://archive.org/details/GratefulDead?sort=-publicdate&and[]=subject%3A"Charlie+Miller"

Archived