DSO @ Soldier Field > 6/11-12/2021

• Forum MVP

I assume there is a PA system. Can anyone verify there is a PA? Says you can stay in your car, on your car, truck bed or on the drivers side of your car and masks must be worn outside your car. Alcohol may be brought in but must be hidden from security. A car is 4 tickets with up to 2 additional tickets  purchased to go to 6 per car max. 

the event is 1st come like Frederick shows within your tier. Gates at 6. Show at 7. 

8 minutes ago, Rude said:

I assume there is a PA system. Can anyone verify there is a PA? 

According to the ticketing site:

This is a LIVE concert performance "An Evening With Dark Star Orchestra" on stage and in person at the Soldier Field South Parking Lot with real amplified sound...

• Forum MVP

Meili called the promoter lol. He said it’s a large PA setup. PM me for presale code. Want the scalpers to have to at least work to get it. 

the setup is
Center section row 1-3

Center section row 4-10
side sections far left and right limited view

doesnt show price. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Forum MVP
2 hours ago, Rude said:

Meili called the promoter lol. He said it’s a large PA setup. PM me for presale code. Want the scalpers to have to at least work to get it. 

the setup is
Center section row 1-3

Center section row 4-10
side sections far left and right limited view

doesnt show price. 

Cervantes and Caverns so much better than possible restrictive parking lot BS. I see how vaccinated not even bothered to be mentioned in upcoming shows, not just DSO but for all that I have seen,.

Will go if get tix or car seat...tried to PM with error🤨

• Forum MVP

The South is open for business. Pop a tour together full capacity all outdoor shows. Indoors sucks in summer anyway. Everyone who wants a vaccine can get one. Having to do limited capacity because of these disinformation campaigns like the private school in Miami who won’t let vaccinated teachers have contact with kids so they won’t get their antibody cooties, sucks. Open it up. If it spreads to peeps who get political with their health that’s their choice To get sick. The deal was we get vaccinated then go back to normal. My friends and family are all vaccinated. Let’s do this!!! It’s like having sympathy for someone who drinks a fifth of whiskey, beats up his friend who tries to take his keys then runs into a telephone pole and breaks both legs. Should We ban driving or alcohol because of that dude? Cheers. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Forum MVP

I’m actually starting to wonder if the actual science would prove that we actually have killed more people but trying to flatten the curve. We could’ve reached herd immunity with natural antibodies. If we never shut down, I think more people would’ve died upfront but I think we might be past the dying now. I have no way to model it or prove it but I’m convinced more and more everyday that we made the wrong decision. Now we have to accept that we don’t have the freedom to challenge their mandates. We gave that up. 

• 1 month later...
On 6/4/2021 at 1:20 PM, Rude said:

We have 1 extra spot in our car for Friday and Saturday for anyone we know who needs a single. Will be nice to get down with Flairblair for a show :))

Rude, you have no idea how ansofuckinglutely psyched I am to see you, Meiji and baby JT!! Fully vaxxed and ready to go!!! 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Forum MVP
3 hours ago, flairblair said:

Rude, you have no idea how ansofuckinglutely psyched I am to see you, Meiji and baby JT!! Fully vaxxed and ready to go!!! 

I always try to hit the Green Mill after Saturday Chicago shows to see Pat Mallinger play but they aren’t doing late night jazz yet ugh. Music ends at midnight on Saturday now at the green mill. Freaking covid....

Maybe Pat will join Dso for a set. It’s been since 2015 that he played with them at that July 3rd show I think before Dead50. 

• Forum MVP

Do you know what’s crazy about conspiracy theories. Every once in awhile they are true. Evidence is mounting in the intelligence community that covid-19 was not a naturally developed illness but a biological weapon experiment gone wrong in China. 

• Like (+1) 1

Directions to Soldier Field  Years ago, on my first trip to Soldier Field, I stopped at a service plaza on the Indiana Turnpike.  Ran into a guy who was obviously on his way there   (I could tell by his demeanor and his dress.)  Asked him for directions.  His reply:  "Go to Chicago.  Get on L.S.D.  You can't miss it!"

• LMAO 1
  • Forum MVP
On 6/10/2021 at 9:58 AM, How Do You Do? said:

Directions to Soldier Field  Years ago, on my first trip to Soldier Field, I stopped at a service plaza on the Indiana Turnpike.  Ran into a guy who was obviously on his way there   (I could tell by his demeanor and his dress.)  Asked him for directions.  His reply:  "Go to Chicago.  Get on L.S.D.  You can't miss it!"

I don’t miss the days of getting to a town and asking the gas station person how to get to the venue. Then get closer and ask another then by the 3rd ask you find it. 

FYI the South Lot is on 18th Dr if you didn’t know. You can take your Waze to Waldron garage and that should work. 

• Forum MVP
On 6/10/2021 at 9:58 AM, How Do You Do? said:

Lost in Rochester NY in 1977 looking for War Memorial…when I asked gas station attendant where it was, he replied…” you mean where that sing along dance band is playing?”

• Like (+1) 1
  • LMAO 1
  • Forum MVP

Got lost in DC looking for RFK. Pulled into a gas station, my buddy gets out to ask for directions. As his girlfriend and I watch him walk by, in  front of the car, we both look past him into the parking lot full of tye dyes, etc. hilarious. He comes back out of the gas station and points, ‘Weir here!’