Days Between night 1

count2

I had the chance to catch the free live stream. Elective setlist - I really enjoyed the first set on this one.

Cassidy>GDTRFB>Cassidy

Unbroken Chain>Jack Straw>Tangled

We Can Run

It's All Over Now

Loose Lucy

Black Throated>Rider

Eyes>GSET

Gimme some Lovin

Dark Star>D/S>Low Spark>Stella>Johnny B

Black Muddy River encore

• Like (+1) 2
  • Forum MVP

Lol. I caught like a minute of the stream. Heard all over now and saw the Bean and was like gotta be like a 77 lol. That setlist is all over the place. Lol.

Did any of these songs ever play back to back? Did Dino make a list where no songs had ever been played next to each other? without consulting the deadbase I’d guess maybe only Lucy and BTW had a shot to be next to each other and maybe Stella>jbg but that’s it. I’m going with not 1 song on this setlist was ever played by the dead next to any other song. 

On 8/9/2021 at 12:11 PM, Eyeball Jackson said:

Bizarre setlist for sure, but I was there and the pacing definitely worked for me. It was a total facemelter hoedown! 

I'll agree with this, and add a few comments:

Eyes had the extended '74 coda (Stronger than Dirt?).  Dark Star went places!  Drums / Space sounded techno-y to start, stayed very electronic but got very weird.  We were right behind the soundboard.  The outdoor sound was loud, pristine, and had amazing stereo effects.

Hot day, very comfortable evening in the tree-lined bowl.  Supposed half-capacity sold (~2,000?), made it quite spacious, but double that and it might be a different story.  What a great time!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Forum MVP

With the caveat that I even surprised myself a bit that I just researched this... 🧐

All Over Now never preceded Loose Lucy, but it followed it twice in 1990. Black Throated Wind did indeed follow Loose Lucy twice in 1974 (and preceded it a couple times in the 90s).

In addition, Johnny B Goode followed Stella once in 1973 and again in 1974.  And Black Muddy River encored at 2 shows in 1989 where Johnny B Good closed the set.

Finally, Greatest Story followed Gimme Some Lovin' twice in 1985... That one is pretty surprising, but Gimme opened several shows in its early days in '85/'86.

But certainly Dino knew all that.  :rofl:

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • Forum MVP

I was considering Stella Johnny B Goode but figured there would always be a sugar Mags in between. Saw a spectrum show first half of the eighties open up with gimme some lovin’ , Phil singing ‘so glad you made it’! My first time seeing Phil sing.  Interesting conversation, though. They make us think. 

2 hours ago, dh_carquinez said:

I'll agree with this, and add a few comments:

Eyes had the extended '74 coda (Stronger than Dirt?).  Dark Star went places!  Drums / Space sounded techno-y to start, stayed very electronic but got very weird.  We were right behind the soundboard.  The outdoor sound was loud, pristine, and had amazing stereo effects.

Hot day, very comfortable evening in the tree-lined bowl.  Supposed half-capacity sold (~2,000?), made it quite spacious, but double that and it might be a different story.  What a great time!

Agreed on all counts. There was ample dancing space up front. Very intimate, you’d run into the same people in the bowl that you had just  broken bread with at camp. 

Sound quality was awesome, though the equipment wasn’t necessarily “vintage accurate” as they’re not touring with the big rig. Skip on Fender Jazz bass both nights.

Cassidy sandwich really worked, Eyes 73 style into a raging GSET with St Stephen quotes was arguably the highlight. I’m not that big on Low Spark but this rendition was intense, with Jeff lifting up the Bean like the rockstar he is! Yet there he was with us in the pit for Dave Nelson’s set. 

Excellent GD family vibes at the Hog Farm like only DSO can really bring in this day and age.

• Like (+1) 3