Football

bs69

• Forum MVP

And oh ya, that Dolphins Chargers match up was fantastic entertainment. That's what I've been waiting months for. NFL week 1 delivered. I need 24.7 points from Josh Allen and the Buffalo defense tonight. I'm projected to win but definitely nervous. Fantasy keeping Monday night suspenseful and must watch for me.

• Forum MVP

Welp - Aaron Roger’s NY Jets career (possibly football career) is over after 4 snaps with a torn Achilles - at age 39.  What a disaster and how so very ‘Jets’ that it happened this way.

Zach Wilson is not the answer - gotta try to trade for a backup (Jacoby Brisset, Teddy’s Bridgewater, maybe Jamis Winston?).  Teams know they’re desperate but maybe they can get a better QB option for the (2) 4th round picks the Jets have.  

• Forum MVP
10 hours ago, Tea said:

Welp - Aaron Roger’s NY Jets career (possibly football career) is over after 4 snaps with a torn Achilles - at age 39.  What a disaster and how so very ‘Jets’ that it happened this way.

Zach Wilson is not the answer - gotta try to trade for a backup (Jacoby Brisset, Teddy’s Bridgewater, maybe Jamis Winston?).  Teams know they’re desperate but maybe they can get a better QB option for the (2) 4th round picks the Jets have.  

jets went all in with a 2yr window before cap hell and cuts come their way just like they hit the Rams. Unfortunately my cowboys won’t go all in b/c Jerry wants at least above average teams annually without making the serious SB push by trading for 1-2 difference makers. He covets draft picks more than anything and he hopes against hope that no injuries will derail a paper thin O line like last year. He plays the long game hoping the draft picks will be ready to play in 1-2yrs vs trading for a stud. The last time we traded high we got Amati cooper and the season turned around. This year we are already counting on UDFA rookies to play O line as the last week of practice took out a starter and the backups are all horrendous 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Forum MVP

Dak just isn't the answer in big D. He's good. Serviceable. I'm not even saying he's a back up. The jets would love to have him but he's not winning super bowls. I think Dallas gives up on Dak following this year. They have a Super Bowl quality roster but can't beat Arizona with a back up QB in the game. 

• Forum MVP
On 9/25/2023 at 9:44 AM, Tom Banjo said:

Dak just isn't the answer in big D. He's good. Serviceable. I'm not even saying he's a back up. The jets would love to have him but he's not winning super bowls. I think Dallas gives up on Dak following this year. They have a Super Bowl quality roster but can't beat Arizona with a back up QB in the game. 

SB quality roster? Arizona scored all 5 possessions in the 1st half. They were missing 3/5 of the O line as a last second scratch. The red zone offense sucks v/c we can’t run the damn ball when it matters. We ran it 5 straight times on the last drive in the red zone and got nowhere. 

• Forum MVP

SB quality roster. Just need QB that shows up in until big moments. When defense is a little off. When the other guys aren't sharp. The guy that pulls it altogether. Makes that drive. You go up 4 on cheifs with 2 minutes left you fucked up. Everybody knows Pats got this you scored too soon. No one feels that way bout Dak. Dak a stud in the blow outs. He's a sheep in need of a shepherd in the close ones.

• Forum MVP
1 hour ago, Tom Banjo said:

SB quality roster. Just need QB that shows up in until big moments. When defense is a little off. When the other guys aren't sharp. The guy that pulls it altogether. Makes that drive. You go up 4 on cheifs with 2 minutes left you fucked up. Everybody knows Pats got this you scored too soon. No one feels that way bout Dak. Dak a stud in the blow outs. He's a sheep in need of a shepherd in the close ones.

there are 15 QBs in the league that can make the throws if they have protection. Chiefs only scored 9 one SB b/c they couldn’t block. It’s all about the O line and receivers that can get open. 

• Forum MVP

The game is won in the trenches o line d line. WR can make a QB but a great QB makes WR. Chiefs moved on from Hill still won Super Bowl.  Brady only had a top 5 receiver once. Won a bunch of super bowls with an average receiving core. Cowboys have wideouts Cooks lamb these guys can ball. But I get you AJ brown won the last game for the birds. Guys a monster 

• Forum MVP

Eagles are way underperforming this year, but they have a great O and D line and 2 great receivers. Your running QB is perfect for your setup. Dallas vs Arizona had 3/5 OL ruled inactive right before game. Backups didn’t practice to play. Last week we got 2 back and we smoked 

• Forum MVP

So the giants tried the eagles nearly unstoppable 1yd QB sneak and they lost their center and another O lineman for a while. Thats nuts. Their 4th and 1 was a fail. The reason the eagles are so good at it isn’t b/c hurts gets a push.  It’s b/c the eagles have the best O line in football and Hurts can squat 600 pounds. I drool over the eagles O line. It is what Dallas had in 2016 but we couldn’t stop Rogers on a 3rd and 15. 

• Forum MVP

I’ve never seen a team that in the NFL will beat 3 teams 108-13 and then act like they can’t play football. The penalties like lining up offsides and personal fouls and stupidity didn’t help but we can’t play physical football. Teams smash us in the mouth. How do you win 30-0, 40-10 and 38-3 and then forget how to play defense. Even if Dallas could run the ball and pass the ball, no way we could score 42 on 49ers best defense in the league. We are broken and I have no clue what’s up. How many defensive breakdowns did they have leaving stars wide open. It was like big 12 defense. And then they were so physical we got like 6 guys injured. I saw it at 2am last night when I got home from phish and it was sickening. If you want to run the ball run it at Micah. He’s great but a 1 trick pony sack machine. The offense isn’t like when we had cooper. He was evidently a cancer but he got open. Dak stunk after a really sharp effort last week. Gross gross. 49ers are scary. They have no weakness. Best coached team in the league. Eagles may have the best O line, but the 49ers execute like no one else. Will be hard for anyone to beat those guys 

• Forum MVP

I think the eagles narrative is funny. We keep winning while the media keeps saying we held on for that one. The eagles survived. It's comical. Wins are wins. Winning isn't easy in the NFL. I like where we are right now. Do we need to improve? Of course. Do we need to play a more complete 60 minutes of football? Absolutely. Do I think we can find ourselves back in the Super Bowl? That's a resounding yes. We our great in the trenches. We can get one yard on command which is much harder in the nfl then you may realize. I like our chances.

• Forum MVP
19 hours ago, Tom Banjo said:

I think the eagles narrative is funny. We keep winning while the media keeps saying we held on for that one. The eagles survived. It's comical. Wins are wins. Winning isn't easy in the NFL. I like where we are right now. Do we need to improve? Of course. Do we need to play a more complete 60 minutes of football? Absolutely. Do I think we can find ourselves back in the Super Bowl? That's a resounding yes. We our great in the trenches. We can get one yard on command which is much harder in the nfl then you may realize. I like our chances.

you’re right that winning is all that matters in the nfl, but the eagles don’t look as dominant as they did last year. Dallas fired Kellen Moore who when Dak wasn’t injured had the highest scoring offense in the NFL over the last 3 seasons. This year the offense isn’t what it was. Worst red zone team vs best last year. He got fired for not putting us over the hump vs the 49ers….now we likely wish him back. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • Forum MVP

That was the worst football game I’ve watched in a long time and it had potential for one of the greatest finishes ever. It was futility plus luck for Tampa to get to within 6pts. They almost had 2 delay of games down 14 with 10 mins left. Took over 5 mins to cross midfield. Saw some live comments on a blog wondering if they knew they were down 2 scores. Took over 7 minutes off the clock. Baker mayfield was so out of shape he was slowly walking to the huddle. Never saw an NFL starting QB that fatigued who wasn’t scrambling for his life like Mahomes in the lost SB but he was chased all night and Mayfield looked just out of shape. 

• Forum MVP
19 hours ago, Tom Banjo said:

Dallas will end up winning and winning big but WTF was that. Up like 26 to 3 or something. Ball inside the 15. Dak forces a terrible throw that's picked off. Garbage play.

you weren’t watching. The pass was perfect but deflected by the DT. Dak was as accurate as I’ve ever seen all day. 

can’t wait until next week. 

• Forum MVP
On 11/1/2023 at 5:45 AM, Greg from Chestertown said:

Looks like my Raiders finally got around to cleaning house, cutting out all the dead wood. Boy, that needed to happen. Now what?

now you deal with the Garappalo 24m dead cap for next year. At least it’s an easier out than Daniel jones, Deshaun Watson and Kyler Murray and you didn’t leverage your future for Russell Wilson.