KY Derby picks

Rude

• Forum MVP

Here’s my derby bet

Derby. 
5 WPS 16(cyberknife)
2 ex box 1,16 (Mo Donegal, cyberknife)

My parents are at the Oaks today as guests of one of the owners of Mo Donegal who’s one of the favorites running in the derby tomorrow. Pretty cool. Unfortunately he only had an extra pair of tix for today as his son wasn’t getting into Louisville until tonight. 

Here’s my bet on the Oaks today (G1 stakes race for 3yr old fillies)

Oaks:
4 WS on 13 shahama
2 exacta box 13(shahama), 4 (nest), 7 (echo Zulu)

• Like (+1) 1

• Forum MVP
25 minutes ago, Rude said:

5 WPS 16(cyberknife)
2 ex box 1,16 (Mo Donegal, cyberknife)
4 WS on 13 shahama
2 exacta box 13(shahama), 4 (nest), 7 (echo Zulu)

Gotta step up my gambling terminology.  

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47g5cyzoldlp8y7b62nn

• Like (+1) 1

• Forum MVP

Cyberknife Is my conspiracy “it’s fixed” horse. Lol. 
The trainer Brad Cox who won the derby last year after the real winner popped a positive drug test. So his horse technically won but he got none of the fanfare, didn’t get to celebrate, no roses, nuthin. So the “racing gods” put him in the winners circle tomorrow. Lol

i like Mo D too

i think Zandon and epicenter are the two best horses, but derby anything can happen. 

• Forum MVP

5 is a dollar amount 

WPS is win place show

16 is the post number

Cyberknife is the horse’s name

2 is a dollar amount

ex is exacta which is 1st and 2nd place finish

box is that the exacta picks can come in either order 

Mo Donegal is another horse’s name

Shahama, Nest, Echo Zulu are also horses

meeting over 🤓

• Like (+1) 1
  • LMAO 1

• Forum MVP

In KY everyone knows how to place bets. We used to have a quarterhorse track in Paducah. Went to keeneland and a UK football game every year in October growing up. That was before they flexed game times. UK always had night games during keenelands 3 week session.  But then that all ended with monster SEC broadcasting contracts.  Keeneland in the day. Go eat. Football game. That was as good a Saturday as you can have in October 

• Like (+1) 1

• Forum MVP

Kentucky is known to be the state of fast horses and beautiful women….and vice versa

I am going with the 15 White Abarrio in my wps and exotics (bow with 3, 7,and 12)

Kind of suits me anyway

• Forum MVP

My pick, cyberknife decided idiotically to keep pace with the 21.78 sec 1/4 mile(2 furlongs) pace which is insane for a 10 furlong race. As soon as I saw that quarter time I told everyone I was watching with that he’s not going to win. At the 1 mile mark i said someone’s coming from behind because these leaders are cashed. Can’t believe the last second entry and ultimate long shot got there. He had a charmed trip and perfect race. If the pace wasn’t so ultra fast early he wouldn’t have had a shot. Can’t believe a few of these expert jockeys who raced in 5 races just today tried to catch up to that early frantic pace that looked like a 7 furlong sprint. It’s just like an athlete that chokes in a championship game. Those jockeys on the front runners didn’t save anything for the end. It’s always fun to watch 20 horses race at once. Only in the KY Derby do you see that many horses race it out. 

• Forum MVP
On 5/7/2022 at 8:30 PM, Tom Banjo said:

I just looked at his odds. Incredible

I picked this horse in an extended-family pool becuase there were literally like 3 left to choose from.  Man - if I woulda bet $100 for reals, I'd have some "Let's hire DSO 😜!" CAI$H!  Instead, I got $160.00 and sent my payment invitation with the following:

giphy.gif 

• Like (+1) 1

• Forum MVP

A $2 super paid nearly $700k. I had the longshot in first and the 2nd place horse. I didn’t get to watch and couldn’t hear as they announced the 3rd and 4th. Man I was sweatin. Thought for a minute I was retiring and going on permatour. Reality reared it’s head quickly tho when I checked my TwinSpires account and saw a whopping $4 in it. I musta had a horse scratch somewhere… and that was the only money I got back on derby day. 🤣😆

• Forum MVP

That superfecta was nuts. You need 10 friends putting in $100-200 each for a shot to win that and that’s only giving you like 8 horses. A $1 8 horse superfecta is $1680 to bet it lol. A 12 horse box is 11,880.00 for a $1 box. 

• Like (+1) 1

• Forum MVP

I’ll typically pick the winner then box 3 horses for 2-4. Lowers it from $48 to $12. If you pick the fist two and box last two it drops to $4. I’ll do a bunch of those and then ten totally random ones picking the horses I didn’t bet before. In the random I had 21-3-12-6 and was half right. That ought to at least be worth a $100 bill 🤣😆

• Forum MVP

We did derby every year in college. Of course you try to sneak in large quantities of booze. We had it down to a science. Get 2 half gallons of orange juice in a solid white container. Don’t touch the top seal or cap. Cut the bottom and make a slit. Empty the OJ and fill with vodka. Then super glue the bottom slit and good to go. The cooler had 4 2 liters of sprite. 4 frozen lime-aid concentrates. 2 bags of ice and the 2 half gallons of vodka. Mix it all together and you have a cooler of bullfrogs. Worked like a charm until the last derby year we did. Security opened all the seals and even opened peoples 2 liters and smelled them. They had this huge dumpster full of booze they confiscated and ours went into it. We were so depressed. We were poor college kids with $40 in our pocket for bets lol. We had 1 pint of vodka we managed to get in and could afford 1 drink at derby lol. Luckily we were already buzzed by 9am and ate a few shrooms, but we never recovered from losing our booze. I got arrested at 1 derby for disorderly conduct. After derby it’s crazy drunkenness and people were launching food and drinks everywhere. A bag of Doritos lands near my feet. I pick it up and toss it across the infield. I look behind me after and see 8 cops patrolling. He told me to drop my drink and put my hands behind my back. They walk you out onto the turf course and all the way around to the paddy wagons. Court is 8am next morning. I remember my speech to the judge to this day. “Your honor. I’m a graduating senior from the university of Kentucky. My graduation was this morning at 8am which I did not get to attend. I spent 8 hours in jail for throwing a bag of Doritos into the air. I ask that you credit me for time served and dismiss the charges.”  The prosecutor said they had no objection. Case dismissed. I was flying so high I face planted into a locked door. The bailiff said try this one. The judge and prosecutor were cracking up. My graduation was Sunday at 8am but I wasn’t going to walk anyway lol. 

edit: forgot the funniest part. When they get me to the police transport, one cop asks what they got me for. He said “possession of Doritos with intent to distribute”. Not kidding. He actually said that. Lol

• Like (+1) 1
  • LMAO 1