DeadCo Summer 2022

DesertDead

• Forum MVP

I’ve had some great experiences at Deadco. Boulder x2 a few years back was awesome. I really enjoyed all 4x I went to see them at wrigley but Boulder was just special at Folsom field. Watching the sun set over the mountains on a gorgeous day just started it off perfect. 

The tix are super cheap if you get yours on CashorTrade like we do. There’s 50-100 tix dumped on show day. Be patient and you get in for $20. I hate to say it but I’ve got a bunch of $2-$10 tix for dso on CashorTrade. The $2 were a pricing error the guy honored. 

• Forum MVP

I did Deercreek last week and then went up to Michigan but did Tedeschi trucks in Detroit rather than going up to Pine Knob. Was weird D&C played indy and Michigan same two days as TTB. 90% of the time I go to shows strictly for the music. Dead and co is the exception for me. The shakedown, seeing all the local heads that don’t come out for any other bands, and camping round Deercreek will always be enough to get me to the Creek for anything dead related. Especially by waiting and getting those day of show deals. My buddy took his 12 year old to her first concert. It was a good time. Saw a ton of old friends. I feel more at home in the lawn at Deercreek, than I do just about anywhere else in this world. 

• Like (+1) 5

• Forum MVP
9 hours ago, Dead duck said:

I did Deercreek last week and then went up to Michigan but did Tedeschi trucks in Detroit rather than going up to Pine Knob. Was weird D&C played indy and Michigan same two days as TTB. 90% of the time I go to shows strictly for the music. Dead and co is the exception for me. The shakedown, seeing all the local heads that don’t come out for any other bands, and camping round Deercreek will always be enough to get me to the Creek for anything dead related. Especially by waiting and getting those day of show deals. My buddy took his 12 year old to her first concert. It was a good time. Saw a ton of old friends. I feel more at home in the lawn at Deercreek, than I do just about anywhere else in this world. 

Awesome,  I'm guessing I saw at least a dozen Dead shows at Deer Creek back in the day. Would love to get up there again. 

• Like (+1) 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • Forum MVP

Caught the show last night in Philly. I’m quite blown away. Bobby was as good as he’s ever been. When he belted out the ‘wish I was a headlight’ line, I gots chills. Pretty good job of channel Jerry. Similar feeling during days between and Brokedown encore. (Called that one) I also noticed that the never went into Franklin’s after Help/Slip. I didn’t  say anything to my new found friends for the day. But spent the meat of the second set just waiting for them to get back to Franklin’s. Mayer sure can play and does a great job with the tunes. I had to remind myself to slow down to meet the pace that they play at in the beginning but overall, it worked out. Jay Lane filled in for Kreutzman. Lot scene was pretty good. Had that Sunday show feel, for sure. Made it into the stadium, across the field, found my seat, sit in it and look up to see Bixby a few yards in front of me. That’s a snapshot of the kind of fun that was had by me. My 42nd year of going to South Philly to catch a show, hallowed ground there. Bobby left it all out there on the stage, I think. Fitting second set tail end with Franklin’s for Philly. Classic Brokedown encore. Rocking’ Brown eyed women. Cumberland was taken to a new place by the band. Beautiful women everywhere, thank you, Ladies. Spun and danced all night long. Yes, even through drums. Saw one guy with his hands in his pockets, blew me away. 

• Like (+1) 4

• Forum MVP

Heard a rumor mango is all in on Deadco Tour now and planning whole tour runs at least until Mayer quits the band after the shows already scheduled which is another rumor I heard. Double rumor means both must be true. The 2nd rumor is from the most knowledgeable deadhead friend I know who also has a close connection to Bobby. So we will see what the future holds.