Deadco final tour summer 2023

Rude

• Forum MVP

Deadco announced they are hanging it up and TBD dates summer 2023 will be their final tour. RIP slow dead music. Can you imagine if there’s a Deadco tribute band? Please no. But… if you are a smart young entrepreneur musician there could be a market of people who like their dead really slow and want to sit during what are supposed to be fast songs. If nothing else it can only help DSO to get back doing real tours not JRAD style 2-3 day weekend runs. Lol it’s not like I can hit the road for a week anyway now, but in a few years it’s on. 

• Like (+1) 1

Rude I saw a Mayer interview he said bobby wants him to keep deadco going after the boys hang it up. that would be just as bad as a deadco tribute band lmfao. I’m gonna go see em just because, but out of the 30 deadco I’ve seen I think a handful of the SONGS and music was played up to speed.

even my girl who’s newly on the bus said to me these guys play so slow, no wonder you seen dark star so much, I like dark star better and I said I know babe I know. 

• Like (+1) 1

• Forum MVP
10 hours ago, BillK522 said:

Maybe I’ll attend a show

to say I saw them once.

Maybe.

Praise DSO.

Every time I do I tell myself I’ll just go for a fun night out and take it in stride, but when you hear a song start and your soul knows how it should be played and then it’s not, it is very difficult to not be disappointed.

It is neat in some ways but frustrating for the most part.

My most recent D&C show I could not tolerate it enough to make it to the end.

Forewarned = forearmed, Bill.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

• Forum MVP
1 hour ago, DesertDead said:

Every time I do I tell myself I’ll just go for a fun night out and take it in stride, but when you hear a song start and your soul knows how it should be played and then it’s not, it is very difficult to not be disappointed.

It is neat in some ways but frustrating for the most part.

My most recent D&C show I could not tolerate it enough to make it to the end.

Forewarned = forearmed, Bill.

that’s a great description.  You have hope then it’s dashed. It’s hard for me to let go of the way I know it can’ be played. . I let go at JRAD just fine. Love their take. Maybe it’s just the tempo. 

• Like (+1) 1

• Forum MVP

I, personally, had a blast catching the Philly show this summer. Spent all my grocery money on balloons, ate shrooms for the first time in 34 years, helped everyone around me with the smoking of their weed, copped a bag for later,  danced with beautiful women half my age, ( that’s redundant,  all the beautiful women are half my age) had the full on Grateful Dead experience down to catching that they did help/slip but didn’t go into Franklin’s. Enjoyed the meat of the second set knowing that they’re probably going back into Franklin’s and waiting for it. I didn’t say anything to anyone because I didn’t want to be the spoiler.  Set list was perfect for me to be back in Philly celebrating 42 years of riding up to catch a show and having a blast. It was just exactly perfect. Maybe it was the totally letting go but I did not even notice any tunes trudging along. 

• Like (+1) 3

• Forum MVP

I had that experience in Boulder. Had a great group of friends we were with in a wide open area and we were all feeling great. I’ve seen like 15 Deadco shows and always hope for that perfect Boulder weekend. Alas. 

• Like (+1) 1

• 5 months later...
  • Forum MVP

https://cornell23.com

deadco playing 5/8/23 Barton music hall. You can get pits for only $750 and Seats for $1500 face. Can you imagine slow and co recreating cornel 77. Good lord. 

note it doesn’t say but the tickets are tied to your name so don’t get in the lottery where they automatically charge your credit card if you won’t go. I had to dig and dig but found where your id must match your tickets and you have to enter with your entire party. No splitting or scalping. Can’t believe there’s no mention of that until you click an obscure ticket policy link at the bottom. Some scalpers will get a rude awakening. I figured it would be like that or would be a scalpers dream and after no mention in the FAQ and none on the main page I found the info. 

oh and for only $750 more you can upgrade to VIP pit where you get a cash bar reception the night before plus a poster. Band won’t be in attendance. Seems about right. Oh don’t forget you get to enter the venue 30 minutes early b/c that’s so important. And you have a concierge because I can’t go to a show sans on site concierge. Like wtf. Is the concierge going to call a restaurant to get me reservations or circle sites on a map for me or print out Mapquest directions. Lol don’t think I’ve typed or used the word Mapquest in a decade. 

• Forum MVP
4 hours ago, BillK522 said:

Several friends and I slipped into

Barton Hall day after Ithaca show

last spring and checked it out.

There were pick up basketball games

and people running track.

Praise DSO.

That must have been wild for those people to be playing hoops and running whilst dosed.

To each his own…

• Like (+1) 1

• Forum MVP
On 3/9/2023 at 9:39 AM, BillK522 said:

Several friends and I slipped into

Barton Hall day after Ithaca show

last spring and checked it out.

There were pick up basketball games

and people running track.

Praise DSO.

I have played many an hour of pickup basketball at Barton Hall.  The Big Red hoops game were played there until another (proper) arena opened about 15-20 years ago. Wildly cool facility in its own right.  TERRIBLE place for live music though.  Goes to show the Dead lay down their most famous show there.  Because of course they do. 😆

• Like (+1) 1