2024 Skull & Roses Festival

Tea

• 2 months later...
  • Forum MVP

It's really reduced to 3 days. The 4th day is a free pre party and looks okay but lacks the luster of the other 3 nights which are primarily a DSO jk or DSO with Jk nights. Headliner has jk or members of DSO every night. 

I was on the fence leaning towards out with the Hawaii trip and the baby but just when you think your out the daily schedule pulls you back in. I think you'll see us in Ventura. Baby sitter will watch the baby and we probably won't bring baby into that dust bowl but other kiddos will be there running around during the day. Stay with baby sitter come headliner time. 

• Forum MVP

Happy for DSO and Sage & Spirit!  Can't post the daily lineup because the forum now makes most features unavailable to me for some reason.

Not as happy for the Hyryder slot on Friday.  I know they ain't near headliner material but I've seen GGW, Stu Allen, Zach Nugent, and usually catch the weekly Monday stream of EWB.  ALL talented artists but their placement must have little to do with their raw talent and performative abilities.  Management companies, relationships, politics, festival location, and perceived tenure seem to hold the a greater weight in this case.  Either way - should be a fun time for those that can make it.

• Forum MVP
4 hours ago, Tea said:

Can't post the daily lineup because the forum now makes most features unavailable to me for some reason.

Hover over content and likes do not work 

on my computer anymore.

Taper Ron help us.

Praise DSO.

• Thanks (+1) 1
  • Forum MVP

I love the hyryder peeps. Do they call themselves ryders? Stu Allen and Mars hotel can be premier act. Zach Nugent has put together some really quality line ups and shows. I loved his disco dead project. Shakedown street is a beloved local Colorado dead band. They play some really quality music as well and they play earlier on Friday. Maybe not same energy as hyryder but possibly move through the quiet moments a little more powerfully. I love the hyryder energy. The don't converse on the level that the headliners here do, although Golden Gate Wingmen are not my favorite. Chimenti steps on people's toes forcing his solos. But that just my opinion. Cubensis is fantastic and the addition of stu Allen could make them even better. Love the chinacats. 

Skull and roses is a great opportunity for hyryder and love the repeat invite but I'm not sure they are wrongly placed in the schedule. Lots of real quality players out there. Sages and spirit, DSO, Melvin and JGB are on a whole different level. I bet the dead funk summit is incredible as well. 

• Forum MVP

Btw if you're coming at Jerry's middle finger and the electric waste band I can understand your point but those slots aren't really that great. We have to eat dinner and regroup for the headliner. Very likely be off site during those slots. 

I should also mention I highly respect Ed's GD opinions. Guy knows his shit.

• Forum MVP

So Tea I've heard you quite the fanboy. Never seen hyryder??? But the band knows you as one of their biggest supporters and fans. 50/100 people waiting to meet you come March when you make your first hyryder appearance. 

Stu Allen has some pretty intense fans. Definitely some Bay Area peeps that think he should be getting one of the headlining spots. 

Our own Chuck Vegas used to swear by Cubensis and the short trip from Vegas to LA for a dead fix. 

Sunday looks like an all out monster day. Even the first band should be special Stu Allen and Ronnie McCoury do Garcia Grisman. I won't leave the concert venue all day on Sunday except to check on my little guy.

Ive wanted to post photos but I can't even figure that out anymore on here.

AEF28262-6555-4336-A41E-77842BA19928.jpeg.f6a41c4d047b9d2713d60630d0351a34.jpeg

Figured it out 

5384D280-4412-459A-9AFC-B5F10ABC69BB.jpeg.d4117aa0c9e96f54ab88392d43dd9a3b.jpeg

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • Forum MVP

Btw theirs no denying the power of relationships and politics, Baracco and Eaton should use their pull to get an FSO appearance here at skull and roses sometime. Been a long time since I've seen or even heard of one of those.

• Forum MVP
11 hours ago, Tom Banjo said:

So Tea I've heard you quite the fanboy?????

Fanboy accusation?  guilty as charged <err> I plead he 5th.  Very kind Hyryder community - some good peoples over there!

congrats on the Peanut ❤️. Have fun at skull n roses

11 hours ago, Tom Banjo said:

AEF28262-6555-4336-A41E-77842BA19928.jpeg.f6a41c4d047b9d2713d60630d0351a34.jpeg

Figured it out 

• Forum MVP

None taken. Been living the family man life for awhile and Hyryder plus local GD music has been my salvation.  Otherwise I’d be seein more DSO shows

Forever indebted to DSO for helping me get to a new plane of post-Jerry.  There’s a reason I was brought to tears back in 2003  EDIT: Theres more time I’ve spent with DSO than the GD - even if the show count is 2-to-1 GD.  Life was different then 😀

• Like (+1) 2
  • Forum MVP

I love you guys. I'm still fairly active but I consider myself a family man too. It will be almost 6 months between DSO shows for me with the new born. And skull and roses will be a family experience. Maybe Delilah will dig the hyryder she likes to dance. Maybe Toph will take interest in a boy who's dancing and pretend she likes it. Shes starting to curious and she's only 10. Scary times coming.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Forum MVP

DSO played liberty after I got out of lock up. Asheville show. I balled. There was that wharf rat at jubilee. The Stella at penns. DSO and this music has brought me to my knees several times. 

Booked a kick ass Airbnb for this one. Giddy up 

• Like (+1) 2
  • 1 month later...
  • Forum MVP

Holy shit that is a klusterfuck with tremendous ripple effects in many many directions…feel so bad for all the organizers and bands contracted and everyone,,,,and as a ticket holder for the event I say DSO get on the horn and try and rustle up some sort of 3 night run in Ventura last minute and make some serious lemonade out of the situation….would be some crazy last minute coagulation if it could happen…but maybe not impossible!!

can’t believe how last minute this cancellation is…freaking crazy!!

Also can’t believe there aren’t some deep pocketed deadheads down in SoCal they could’ve stepped in and provided a miracle for all involved and kept the thing afloat for everyone…but it would probably take some serious $$$. That’s the kind of thing I dream about being able to do if I was a multi-millionaire…

• Forum MVP

Yep. Just saw this as fact. Sucks peeps won’t get their money back. Eek. I know lots of the Indy townies scrape up cash to travel once a year to see hyryder. This will sting those guys who used all their disposable money for the year to support their band. More locals who can shell out $15 for a show vs the Dso die hards who won’t miss the money like in town peeps who like seeing their fav band on a big national stage and this was a luxury. 

2 minutes ago, Island Bro said:

Holy shit that is a klusterfuck with tremendous ripple effects in many many directions…feel so bad for all the organizers and bands contracted and everyone,,,,and as a ticket holder for the event I say DSO get on the horn and try and rustle up some sort of 3 night run in Ventura last minute and make some serious lemonade out of the situation….would be some crazy last minute coagulation if it could happen…but maybe not impossible!!

can’t believe how last minute this cancellation is…freaking crazy!!

I assume most peeps are cancelling their flights and plans. 

• Forum MVP

We still gonna go the Ventura beach for some family time and hope Cubensis or someone pulls off some music for us. The no refund is a real punch in my nuts. He can say he feels our pain but feels like a total scam job at this point.  Collected our money in bad faith to pay off last years debts. Almost no time to pivot your 420 plans to something else. Just leaves a sour taste in my mouth. I don’t think I can go back to this festival regardless of the line up going forward. Just a total fuck you from this guy.

And I know it’s wishful thinking but I know Jerry and the Dead would find a park to play a free show in. 

• Forum MVP
21 hours ago, Tom Banjo said:

We still gonna go the Ventura beach for some family time and hope Cubensis or someone pulls off some music for us. The no refund is a real punch in my nuts.

Eventbrite is processing refunds.  Hope you can recover some dough

• Forum MVP

Ya that makes it a little bit better. 1k of my airbnb was no refundable plus. Some of my flights aren’t refundable with babysitter. Like I said we still going but be nice to have that 1k back on the tickets for the next opportunity to party. Jubilee is gonna be fun but thanks for the update. 

Where’d you see this? The jackass’ website still says no refunds on his bull shit letter.