Must Read Books

Guest captain420

Guest Planetary Wind

Terrence Mckenna - ALL OF HIS WRITINGS

Albert Hoffman

Allan Watts - The book, IT, ect.

Jose Arguelles - SYNCHRONIZE, all of his books cosmic history chronicles, sufers of the zuvuya, mayan factor

Vera Stanley ALder - finding of the third eye, inititation of the world, the fifth dimension, all others!

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 year later...
  • Forum MVP
Strassman has a newer book called "Inner Paths to Outer Space" with several other authors and a documentary movie is in the works for for DMT: The Spirit Molecule.

John, did you read "Inner Paths To Outer Space" yet? I think I am going to pick it up... I read a section of The Spirit Molecule and was fascinated by Stassmans studies... hoping "Inner Paths" deals with some of the ideas he talks about toward the end... (btw, in the middle of More Than Human... this book is one of the most wild I've read)

Dino... picked up Be Here Now today... and I am so excited to read and just have this book. The way it is designed is truly amazing.

if you like historical fiction than i highly recommend Pillars of the Earth - by Ken Follett. It's my all time favorite book and i read a fair amount.

I'm also a fan of everything Allan Folson has written, especially his latest "the Madrian Memorandum", which i crunched out in a day.

I guy i just discovered is James Rollins and really enjoyed his latest "The Last Oracle". I read his "Amazonia" book this past weekend. It was a tad far fetched.

But bottom line i can't recommend "Pillars" enough.

Guest Lisacat

I just picked up grace slick's autobio again for a light fun read....doesn't tell you much you don't already know but it is terribly entertaining and you are guaranteed to laugh out loud....gotta love gracie.

Guest Rob Eaton

I read at least 3 books per tour and mostly fiction as I find it nice to remove myself from the stress of the road and fall into fantasy land! I have 2 copies of Pillars and have yet to crack either but I plan on doing so soon. Finishing the extended version of "The Stand" at the moment..... not a big Stephen King fan this is the second I've read "Dream Catcher" being the first. It doesn't matter what you read as long as you read. Like they used to tell us "Reading is Fundamental".

• Advisory Board

I also read constantly. Last book I just finished is a current bestseller called One Second After. Very gripping and very interesting read. It is about what would happen if the USA were hit by what is known as an EMP. That is what happens when a nuclear explosion occurs high up in the atmosphere wiping out all electronics, etc. It basically would put our country back into the medieval ages in a split second. Apparantly this is the threat that worries our leaders and military the most.

I recommend it. Also a very nice human interest story.

Dr. B B)

• Forum MVP
I also read constantly. Last book I just finished is a current bestseller called One Second After. Very gripping and very interesting read. It is about what would happen if the USA were hit by what is known as an EMP. That is what happens when a nuclear explosion occurs high up in the atmosphere wiping out all electronics, etc. It basically would put our country back into the medieval ages in a split second. Apparantly this is the threat that worries our leaders and military the most.

I recommend it. Also a very nice human interest story.

Dr. B B)

Good call, B. Not that his work is "must" reading or particularly heady, but I can recommend most of Forstchen's work from a military sci-fi (I hate the latter term, but society dictates), thoughtful/escaptist perspective.

As I mentioned over a year ago, anyone interested in the the hippie scene as it had evolved by the late '60s and the human cost of it all should read, and reread, "The Eden Express" by Kurt's son, Mark Vonnegut. There are few better tales making it clear that nothing comes for free...

I love this thread! My motto for 40 years: "live vicariously - read!" :cheers:

I read at least 3 books per tour and mostly fiction as I find it nice to remove myself from the stress of the road and fall into fantasy land! I have 2 copies of Pillars and have yet to crack either but I plan on doing so soon. Finishing the extended version of "The Stand" at the moment..... not a big Stephen King fan this is the second I've read "Dream Catcher" being the first. It doesn't matter what you read as long as you read. Like they used to tell us "Reading is Fundamental".

Rob read Pillars. Until i read it "the Stand" was my favorite book. Just do it bro ... once you get around page 200 (Pillars) you will be addicted.

When you are done with it you just might feel that you have 900 year old dirt in your fingernails as you flipped through the pages.

Sirens of Titan by Vonnegut

You may already know Jerry had the film rights to this book for a while and was working on a screenplay with Tom Davis. I actually had the incredible good fortune of being asked to drive someone (who will remain nameless) over to Jerry's house circa 1985, and Tom Davis was hanging out there working on the screenplay with him. I was also blessed to sit around a table once with Garcia talking enthusiastically about Sirens and his hopes for the movie. These two moments were among the absolute highlights of my life!

As we all know, the movie unfortunately never came to be.

• Advisory Board
Sirens of Titan by Vonnegut

You may already know Jerry had the film rights to this book for a while and was working on a screenplay with Tom Davis. I actually had the incredible good fortune of being asked to drive someone (who will remain nameless) over to Jerry's house circa 1985, and Tom Davis was hanging out there working on the screenplay with him. I was also blessed to sit around a table once with Garcia talking enthusiastically about Sirens and his hopes for the movie. These two moments were among the absolute highlights of my life!

As we all know, the movie unfortunately never came to be.

Robin,

Please tell more about your encounters with Garcia!

Dr. B B)

Archived