Hagerstown

Guest crazy digits

Guest crazy digits

show was excellent... First set included Mission, Scarlet

thats all..someone help this tired one....i have most of the songs but they're a lil jumbled up :-)

• Forum MVP

An excellent show indeed.........awesome venue. Not sold out so none of the usual overcrowding and obnoxious behavior.

I spent the entire show 3rd row center.....woohoo!

Highlights for me were Mission in the Rain, The Eleven, Lucy in the Sky, and Attics.

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY and a BIG THANKS to both band & crew !!

• Forum MVP
An excellent show indeed.........awesome venue. Not sold out so none of the usual overcrowding and obnoxious behavior.

I spent the entire show 3rd row center.....woohoo!

Highlights for me were Mission in the Rain, The Eleven, Lucy in the Sky, and Attics.

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY and a BIG THANKS to both band & crew !!

Mission.....11........Attics.......LSD? Wow!! So sorry to have missed it. Hoping for a good run at DC despite a less than stellar venue and all of the associated:

Singing loudly for every song, drunken frat boy yelling DARK STAR before and after every song, cramped quarters. All of this being a real possibility, I would put up with a lot more to hear the band beyond description.

Looking for the full setlist! Anyone?

Guest Lisacat

This is the best I got:

Mississippi Half-step

Minglewood

Jackaroe

Queen Jane

Next Time you see me

Mission in the rain

Sailor>

Saint

Scarlet Begonias

St. Stephen

William Tell

Eleven

Smokestack

Lucy in the Sky

Drums

Space

Days Between

Throwing Stones

???

Encore: Attics

Highlights for me were the queen jane and mission....the jam out of lucy in the sky was very nice too. Went by way too fast!

Thanks guys :) Happy 12 years! xoxo

show was excellent... First set included Mission, Scarlet

thats all..someone help this tired one....i have most of the songs but they're a lil jumbled up :-)

This should be the setlist , writing it down suffered as dancing was top priority!

Half Step

Minglewood

Jack-A-Roe

Queen Jane

Next time you see me *** (Cieling tile ?) Hit the stage-center/front part , nobody hit....the band played on while glancing above!

Mission in the Rain

Lost Sailor

St. of Circumstance

Scarlet Begonias

St. Stephen

William Tell

The Eleven

Smokestack Lightning

Lucy in the Sky

Drums

Space

Need a Miracle

Days Between

Throwin Stones

Touch of Grey

The venue was a classy place(circa 1915), ushers non-existant once show started! Sound quality great & plenty of room to dance!

Show was high energy & smokin' from the first notes of 1/2 Step all the way thru last Throwin Stones (especially the final chorus- WE WILL SURVIVE!)

Arrived early found good food & friends,band was on fire, so to sum it all up- Typical DSO experience !

Peace,

Rob

*PS- Lisa I started the list when I got up,but finished it after you posted!

• Forum MVP
This should be the setlist , writing it down suffered as dancing was top priority!

Half Step

Minglewood

Jack-A-Roe

Queen Jane

Next time you see me *** (Cieling tile ?) Hit the stage-center/front part , nobody hit....the band played on while glancing above!

Mission in the Rain

Lost Sailor

St. of Circumstance

Scarlet Begonias

St. Stephen

William Tell

The Eleven

Smokestack Lightning

Lucy in the Sky

Drums

Space

Need a Miracle

Days Between

Throwin Stones

Touch of Grey

The venue was a classy place(circa 1915), ushers non-existant once show started! Sound quality great & plenty of room to dance!

Show was high energy & smokin' from the first notes of 1/2 Step all the way thru last Throwin Stones (especially the final chorus- WE WILL SURVIVE!)

Arrived early found good food & friends,band was on fire, so to sum it all up- Typical DSO experience !

Peace,

Rob

Thanks for the full list.....looks like the guns sure were/are blazing. Can't wait for my turn!

Guest Lisacat

ahha Miracle! I knew I was missing something else in there

and yes, the flying objects from the ceiling....seemed like a frame thingy with the transparent purple thing inside for the lighting/color effects....

Attics was beautiful by the way....

and I did see 2 tapers rigs set up....

• Forum MVP

DSO has provided us 12 years of fantastic music and last nites performance in Hagerstown showed the boys off at they're best. I have always felt

the orginal setlist always brings out the best in the band, last nite was no exception. A first set loaded with 'freedom selections' began with 1/2 step

with a chunky jam at the end, and also included great selections in Next Time You See Me and the rarely played Mission, right on for the drive we

made to get there. And to close the First set with Lost>Saint>Scarlet was like a mini second set in the first. The pre-drumz St. Stephen>WT>11>

Smokestack>LSD completely rocked, first DSO Smokestack I've seen, with Spoonful hints mixed in, and the Lucy was better than any Dead Lucy

I'd ever seen. The D>S segment was very early 90's with Other 1 and Wheel sprinkled in before turning to Miracle, a personal favorite out of space.

Another freedom selection with Days Between, John was very patience and worked that song for all it was worth. A bouncy Throwin' led to one final

freedom selection, Touch to close. While NFA is great, it was surprisingly fantastic to get something other than that after the Throwin'. Attics tied the

bow on a show that provided everything we keep coming back for--any song, any time, dance your ass off. A hug between John and Rob after the

shows conclusion showed me they felt the gravity of the night, who knows what the future holds for DSO. Cherish every performance, dance like its

the last show you'll see and pray that some day Phil and Bob will give us back our John.

DSO has provided us 12 years of fantastic music and last nites performance in Hagerstown showed the boys off at they're best. I have always felt

the orginal setlist always brings out the best in the band, last nite was no exception. A first set loaded with 'freedom selections' began with 1/2 step

with a chunky jam at the end, and also included great selections in Next Time You See Me and the rarely played Mission, right on for the drive we

made to get there. And to close the First set with Lost>Saint>Scarlet was like a mini second set in the first. The pre-drumz St. Stephen>WT>11>

Smokestack>LSD completely rocked, first DSO Smokestack I've seen, with Spoonful hints mixed in, and the Lucy was better than any Dead Lucy

I'd ever seen. The D>S segment was very early 90's with Other 1 and Wheel sprinkled in before turning to Miracle, a personal favorite out of space.

Another freedom selection with Days Between, John was very patience and worked that song for all it was worth. A bouncy Throwin' led to one final

freedom selection, Touch to close. While NFA is great, it was surprisingly fantastic to get something other than that after the Throwin'. Attics tied the

bow on a show that provided everything we keep coming back for--any song, any time, dance your ass off. A hug between John and Rob after the

shows conclusion showed me they felt the gravity of the night, who knows what the future holds for DSO. Cherish every performance, dance like its

the last show you'll see and pray that some day Phil and Bob will give us back our John.

Your post was stated very well !

The RE/JK hug @ the end of the show was a bright spot for sure !

Anyone who's been forced to read my post can see I ain't handling all this change/uncertainty well @ all !

Our community has definately been united through it all & the friendship/hugs @ shows just proves that -even if you disagree with someone on here.....searching them out @ shows,reminding them (We will Survive !) makes us a tight community !

Sound advice about cherishing every performance & dancin' like it's the last show!- I think that's how were supposed live our whole life.

I thought we were gonna get a Comes a Time out of Space -Maybe wishful thinking !

I still wouldn't have changed a thing in the setlist.... It was a well thought out selection of songs for the roadbump we are currently experiencing!

Your final remark about Bob/Phil returning our John, made me think back to sitting @ Dead'09 shows saying" JK should be up there not Warren"-For me that's just another reminder to be careful what I ask for ...As I might not like all the ramifications that come with it!

See Ya' all in Princeton,

Rob

Guest deadheadmike

Anyone who's been forced to read my post can see I ain't handling all this change/uncertainty well @ all !

Our community has definately been united through it all & the friendship/hugs @ shows just proves that -even if you disagree with someone on here.....searching them out @ shows,reminding them (We will Survive !) makes us a tight community !

Sound advice about cherishing every performance & dancin' like it's the last show!- I think that's how were supposed live our whole life.

I thought we were gonna get a Comes a Time out of Space -Maybe wishful thinking !

I still wouldn't have changed a thing in the setlist.... It was a well thought out selection of songs for the roadbump we are currently experiencing!

Your final remark about Bob/Phil returning our John, made me think back to sitting @ Dead'09 shows saying" JK should be up there not Warren"-For me that's just another reminder to be careful what I ask for ...As I might not like all the ramifications that come with it!

Rob

I wish I could have been there with you guys ... home requires my undivided attention right now as you know ... the 2 sets look fabulous and the hug between Rob and JK would have made me well-up for sure , the chemistry between them in Philly was a joy to watch ... I'm glad that everyone had fun and made it home safely ... :)

• Forum MVP

Rob

Nicely done,

" the grass ain't greener, the wine ain't sweeter, either side of the hill."

• Forum MVP

one of the best post replies I have seen in a while! Nice job on this drkstr724, very well written from start to finish! I'll be looking for this show to pop up on etree or archive, would love to hear it.

:dsorocks:

• Forum MVP
This should be the setlist. . .

Half Step

Minglewood

Jack-A-Roe

Queen Jane

Next time you see me

Mission in the Rain

Lost Sailor

St. of Circumstance

Scarlet Begonias

St. Stephen

William Tell

The Eleven

Smokestack Lightning

Lucy in the Sky

Drums

Space

Need a Miracle

Days Between

Throwin Stones

Touch of Grey

Hey Rob - how about considering adding this show to the livedownloads site?

:dsorocks::dsorocks::dsorocks:

Guest Ammagamalin Crew

Very nice choice of tunes. "Once we grew into our shoes and told them where to go" "Hoping that love will not forsake........ The days that lie between" because... "All we ever wanted was to learn and love and GROW"

All,

This show was why I make the trips I do. Sleeping in the car, working with no sleep, all worth every minute.

Here are some of the highlights for me...The Half Step started with a bump, I don't know what happened, maybe a missed note, or drum beat. Funny tho, I knew it was going to be a smoker after that. It seems like they feel they have to make up for it or something...and they did! The jam during Half Step was monumental, I closed my eyes and swayed and danced, It was a wonderful start to what was going to be a wonderful evening.

Jack-A-Roe...I know I saw Jerry play this one a few times back in the 80's when he was doing those accoustic sets. I have never seen the Dead or DSO do it and it was a nice chage of pace for me. I have always liked this one.

Mission...Nothing much to say here, everyone knows what this meant. It was absolutely fantastic!

Lost>Saint...This really got the blood flowing, I love this combo. Kinda reminds me of a long Jack Straw with the slow-fast-slow-fast break ups in the flow of the songs. Very Nice!

Scarlet...I thought that Lost>saint would close the first set, it was nice to discover that I was wrong. From the first note, I knew this was going to be good. I leaned over to the guy in front of me and said "this is gonna be good" I knew it was gonna be good because about 4 or 5 years ago I saw DSO do a Scarlet at the Norva. It was the best I have ever witnessed. That was probably the best I have ever felt at a DSO show. Every time I have seen them play Scarlet, it was wonderful. Reminds me of how I felt about China>Rider, The GD could not play China>Rider average, it was always a highlight of a show. DSO can not play Scarlet average either, they always nail it.

More on the second set in a bit, have to go get my son from practice.

Peace,

Joe

This show was why I make the trips I do. Sleeping in the car, working with no sleep, all worth every minute.

meant. It was absolutely fantastic!

I couldn't agree more...and to think we were going to pass on it. Even as broke as we are right now, it was worth being late on a bill or two. Highlights for me were.....well....pretty much everything. Being a Hagerstown native it was like a high school reunion party with some of my closest friends :D "those Hagerstown girls start looking good!" Mission in the Rain and Scarlet were other 1st set highlights for me. Second set was stellar and that Lucy in the Sky was absolutely sick (can you say musical orgasm?). Days Between and Attics were just beautiful. Happy 12th anniversary DSO, thanks for all the memories and hopefully many more to come!

• Forum MVP

this was my favorite show of the run that i did. this night had the most consistent energy, John's 4 songs in the first set were all beautifully done, Queen Jane was nice too..but the second set smoked, the Smokestack>LSD was really hot, the peak of the Lucy jam was really high, and Days>Throwin>Touch all were extremely tight! sick sick jam in Throwin .. Herdy thanks for the hospitality for the night my friend

Archived