Who Are You Hoping Plays Gratefulfest 11?

Dancer'sChoice

We all heard last weekend that DSO is headlining Gratefulfest 11 this July 4 weekend. So, simple question, who else would you like to see on the bill? Personally, I'm hoping Keller makes another appearance, and I would love to see Cornmeal, as I have only heard their recordings on Archive. I'd also love to see JGB again, but who knows if Stu will be a JGB member by that point. ;) If that's the case, maybe we can see Melvin play with Kimock again.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest deadheadmike

Serious post !!!

with no Rothbury this summer the available talent is somewhat limitless at this point in time ... if I make it to G-Fest this year , my primary reason will be to see DSO ... everyone else is secondary ... there should probably be some strong secondaries though ... I really like the ones you mentioned ... the official line-up should be pretty darn good ...

:dsorocks:

• Forum MVP

jgb and cornmeal are staples of gfest so they gotta be there.

Medeski, Martin, and Wood- probably a long shot but that would be sick.

Toubab Krewe- If you haven't heard them I suggest you do. they played rotherbury last year...

http://www.archive.org/details/tk2009-10-22.akg483.flac16

the only band that is a priority for to me see is, of course, dso.

and mike- seriously considering not going to gratefulfest???? get a hotel room if you have to but don't miss the best weekend of the year!

• Forum MVP
Terrapin Nation is always enjoyable!

True that! But they haven't been around since NYE at the Keswick, I don't think. I wonder what happened, they didn't like the crowds either...? It sure would be nice if they did another sound check or something.

I was listening to an acoustic "Terrapin Nation" show yesterday from back in '06 (I think)......I know they played an acoustic Aiko (fun-fun), a Dire Wolf, and I'm pretty sure Rob covered "Ophelia" also.

Keith Moseley (SCI) does a great cover of Ophelia too. ;)

• Forum MVP
I wonder what happened, they didn't like the crowds either...?

:D DSO would steal all their musicians after every show!

I'm pretty sure Rob covered "Ophelia" also.

Kevin sings Ophelia.

:wub:

>ahem< Kevin, Callous is a great song and it should be played at the Ledges!!

Guest deadheadmike
jgb and cornmeal are staples of gfest so they gotta be there.

Medeski, Martin, and Wood- probably a long shot but that would be sick.

Toubab Krewe- If you haven't heard them I suggest you do. they played rotherbury last year...

http://www.archive.org/details/tk2009-10-22.akg483.flac16

the only band that is a priority for to me see is, of course, dso.

and mike- seriously considering not going to gratefulfest???? get a hotel room if you have to but don't miss the best weekend of the year!

I'm gonna give it my best try this year ... have they built a 4 star hotel on the lake yet (?)... and I seem to remember Looky thinking about possibly working out a hotel and shuttle to and from the shows package or something like that ???????????????

• Forum MVP
I'm gonna give it my best try this year ... have they built a 4 star hotel on the lake yet (?)... and I seem to remember Looky thinking about possibly working out a hotel and shuttle to and from the shows package or something like that ???????????????

I hear they have some upgrades ready for this summer at NLQP.

resort-beach-phuket.jpg

• Forum MVP

I would not say Cornmeal is a staple of Gratefulfest ...

last year they were at High Sierra Festival in California... and the way that they have been playing more stuff West of the Mississippi don't be surprised to see them in Cali again..

with that said - hope they are at GFest for ya all

Warren - the closest town with a hotel is only about 20 minutes away...

Guest deadheadmike
Warren - the closest town with a hotel is only about 20 minutes away...

Matt , 20 minutes aint bad at all ... whats the name of the hotel ??? :)

• Forum MVP

you have a few to choose from since it is close to the Ohio Turnpike...

also should be able to locate some Bed & Breakfasts in the area around the Ledges ... a little research would be needed.... but with the amount of posts you make I imagine you do have some extra time on your hands... B)

Matt , 20 minutes aint bad at all ... whats the name of the hotel ??? :)

• Forum MVP

I'm with you on that>

• Forum MVP
Mike, just get yourself a tent and an air mattress and come party with the freaks out in the woods. We plan to get loose. I think the Teacher got a little lost in the woods last year.

For real! What's the problem with getting down int he woods late at night Mike? After DSO's done playing the fun definitely don't stop there, it's a whole experience at the ledges, you know this.

Guest deadheadmike
For real! What's the problem with getting down int he woods late at night Mike? After DSO's done playing the fun definitely don't stop there, it's a whole experience at the ledges, you know this.

don't drink and don't smoke (anything) anymore ... only the music alters my mind ... when the music is done , so am I . ;)

• Forum MVP

Well Mike it's sounding like tents freak you out a bit. You can always have an RV set up and ready for you when you get to the Ledges. I was thinking about it but I would miss all the fun in the woods at night. After all that is where the real magic happens :):):)

Bone up on your boy scout days and rough it!

(sorry that sounded so gay)

Archived