Who Are You Hoping Plays Gratefulfest 11?

Dancer'sChoice

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest deadheadmike
Getting loose in the woods and stumbling back to the RV is not a bad way to go. Trust me on this...night vision rocks!

When the music's over

Turn out the lights...

Thats pretty much how it goes , Chuck ," when the music is over "... having an RV set up at the Ledges sounds like the deal ... I spoke with Gary last year about an RV rental/dealer close to the ledges , but I ended up choosing Dancin' In The Streets over the Ledges , decisions decisions you know ...

• Forum MVP

If you've spent the night in a coliseum parking lot (and I know you have) the woods at the Ledges are 1000 times better. I can't speak for every year since last year was my first GF, but the weather was quite chilly at night - perfect for curling up in a sleeping bag on top of an air mattress and you can count drum circles to put yourself to sleep...... ahhhhhh, good livin!!

Guest deadheadmike
honestly I don't know how you hotel/rv nancys even get through the first set

we start practicing about the age 35 and have our routine fully perfected at 50 ...

• Forum MVP

Well, I get through the first set knowing that there is a second set, to be followed by an encore or a filler, followed by late night music, followed by zaniness and getting loose in the woods, followed by a nature walk back to my RV, followed by noon and getting up to do all over again. Repeat 3 or 4 times.

• Forum MVP

Last year on the very late night stage...friends of Evan's I think... maybe the name was "Flying Jay's"...

They played a hot bluegrass set that really got everyone moving...there was only fifty or a hundred folks around at the time so their fame was to a small group. This band deserves to play again to more people in the afternoon or early evening.

Peace, Love, and Let there be sand between your danc'n toes.

Doc

• Forum MVP
Last year on the very late night stage...friends of Evan's I think... maybe the name was "Flying Jay's"...

They played a hot bluegrass set that really got everyone moving...there was only fifty or a hundred folks around at the time so their fame was to a small group. This band deserves to play again to more people in the afternoon or early evening.

Peace, Love, and Let there be sand between your danc'n toes.

Doc

Doc is right. They were very very good!

• Forum MVP
don't drink and don't smoke (anything) anymore ... only the music alters my mind ... when the music is done , so am I . ;)

There is a lot to do without drinking or smoking in the woods late night. There are drum circles, jam sessions, trampolines, stripper poles, magic wagons, disco parties etc. etc.

As far as bands go Jorma (with whoever he wants), Hunter and Cornmeal would be at the top of my list.

Guest deadheadmike
There is a lot to do without drinking or smoking in the woods late night. There are drum circles, jam sessions, trampolines, stripper poles, magic wagons, disco parties etc. etc.

trampolines and stripper poles ?!?! I'm in :rofl:

• Forum VIP

The line up should be very simple as listed below I dont know why it needs to be so complicated and add additional costs:

Greyspoke

Boombox

The Recipe

Hot Buttered Rum

Cornmeal

JGB W/ Donna

Crazy Engine

Zen Trickesters (Reunion) W/ Donna

Peter Rowan

Dark Star Orchestra W/ Donna

May be one or two other small Bands for some Day Stuff ...Done Over

• Forum MVP
The line up should be very simple as listed below I dont know why it needs to be so complicated and add additional costs:

Greyspoke

Boombox

The Recipe

Hot Buttered Rum

Cornmeal

JGB W/ Donna

Crazy Engine

Peter Rowan

well, you know, thats like, your opinion man.

Jorma with or without Hot Tuna !!!! <----- this would be SCHWEEEET!!

Firewheel

and many many more :)

Jorma Guitar camp is in Ohio.....so maybe it ain't outta the question?

Doubtful, but stranger thaings have happened!

Firewheel.... Wonder if there are restrictions on that band performing anywhere?

Peace,

Rob

• Forum MVP

Hot Tuna has played the Ledges before. It's been a long long time from the last time I seen them but they NEVER get old! Jorma is an amazing person who I have seen a bunch but I'm sad to say it's been years ago. He is also a very nice guy. I have had a chance to sit and talk with him a few times. Super guy! Super band!

• Forum MVP

Greyspoke

Boombox

The Recipe

Hot Buttered Rum

Cornmeal

JGB W/ Donna

Crazy Engine

Peter Rowan

Thanks for taking time out from your special Day to git 'er done for us. I'm digging that lineup. It really sucks that you and the others won't be able to see it.

Have you finished up the tour books for Feb. and April too?

Guest Lisacat

Greyspoke

Boombox

The Recipe

Hot Buttered Rum

Cornmeal

JGB W/ Donna

Crazy Engine

Peter Rowan

wow...I almost typed just about the exact same lineup in here the other day but then figured I'd just keep my mouth shut for once and let someone else say it for me :)

yea lets keep the other big names out. dancing room has been problematic recently. Sorry Keller fans...

I would only add one more band to the mix...cabinet- a local bluegrass band - really freakin good and I believe they played the ledges last year a couple times.

Thanks Dr. V.

Archived