Rumor: Karan To Join Dso For Summer And Beyond

ststeven123

Guest deadheadmike
I heard it was Chet Atkins!

This is a vid that my good friend jawdoc posted in the Gear Locker section of the forum ... thought I'd post here for the Chet Atkins fans , and it looks like there are a few of us ...

• Forum MVP
So....Ke$ha isn't replacing Lisa either I presume.....?

All joking aside...thanks for the clarification...Karan is good but not a DSO fit vocally.

Here's a link to our very own Stu Allen and Mark Karan jamming Dylan tunes this past Halloween....

http://www.archive.org/details/MarkKaran20...enaz_2009-10-31

My band does a pretty bad ass cover of The Man In Me by Bob Dylan. I dig this version but it's a little mellow (imagine that) for me, that song really brings the passion out in me.

Thanks for the link, always down for some Dylan.

• Forum MVP
Here's a link to our very own Stu Allen and Mark Karan jamming Dylan tunes this past Halloween....

http://www.archive.org/details/MarkKaran20...enaz_2009-10-31

OMG! I had no clue about this. I'm a HUGE Dylan fan and this show is amazing.

Pugdog I think you should give this it's own post.

Thanks for this link Bro! Very good stuff!!!!

Guest Mind Of A Squirrel

Has anybody heard Mark Karan's CD 'Walk Through The Fire'? It is entirely 100% outstanding. This guy needs to stop playing second-fiddle to anyone and continue the path of the music on this disc.

All I could think of when listening is that he was being held-back in Ratgod. I just have to assume it was a good gig for him and he was approaching it as such, but man- He's a front man, not just a player... His skills as a vocalist are at least as good if not better than his skill as a guitar player.

Vocally, he reminded me most of Lowell George. Mark would actually make a killer front man for Little Feat if the opportunity ever presented itself. Not that I wish for this. I would love to see him nurture his path as a solo musician or as front man for his own band

As far as this discussion topic- he would never be a good fit for the Garcia slot.

• Forum MVP

OK, mystery solved. The new lead guitarist will be me. Yes, me.

Now, fair warning, I cannot sing very well. In fact, I really cannot sing anything at all on key. Oh, and I don't play guitar. Sure, I can strum a few open chords but that's really about it. But I do know the words to all of the songs and - - I think this is what really nailed everyone during the the try outs - - I know what they all mean.

See you on tour!

OMG! I had no clue about this. I'm a HUGE Dylan fan and this show is amazing.

Pugdog I think you should give this it's own post.

Thanks for this link Bro! Very good stuff!!!!

WOW...just checked this out being a huge Dylan fan - great show! Thanks for turning me on to it~gonna be playing this one to death for awhile

Archived