Pee Break Songs.............................

gr8fulpair

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Forum MVP

Samba In The Rain or Corrina ... God Rest Poor Vince's Soul , and sorry Bobby , but I made a mad dash for the mensroom the second I herd them coming up, if I had the need , and those songs were in the rotation during the beginning of my sober days , no beer ... during the beer drinking days any song was fair game if I had a real need but I did try to hold out for the break or the very beginning of Space ... some of our group hit the bathroom during drums , I love the drums , so I always hung in there for them ...

None

I rarely agree with Dave, -But , I also don't have many songs that get me to leave the floor & head for the bathroom!

A little planning on the way into the show...And set break isn't that far away!

I've been pleasantly surprised by quite a few songs, that I really didn't care for until seeing a particularily hot version of it @ a show!

Too each his own...

Rob

• Forum MVP

To bring this topic to my daily life, some of the songs that tend to make me change my XM dial away from 56 (Dead) and instead to 55 (Jam), especially if it's post 1980 GD material are:

the cowboy songs

used to love her

walking blues

some of the lengthy dylan ballads

In general, I find the 60's and 70's GD material to be vastly superior to anything that followed......so I rarely want to change the channel for anything that is pre-'80.

At a DSO show, I can pretty much find my groove on any song. I was surprised how much I enjoyed Used to Love Her last Sunday. I also loves me an Eaton-dished Corinna.

my .02

• Forum MVP

One of the many wonders of seeing all the Garcia Band Warfield shows in the early 90s was that you could be at the sweet spot (which I considered drink rail center, maybe 1 or two people back), hit the head, come back to your spot with a full pint of beer should you choose, and have missed about two verses of whatever Jerry was playing. Now that's an efficient venue!

• Forum MVP

One of the many wonders of seeing all the Garcia Band Warfield shows in the early 90s was that you could be at the sweet spot (which I considered drink rail center, maybe 1 or two people back), hit the head, come back to your spot with a full pint of beer should you choose, and have missed about two verses of whatever Jerry was playing. Now that's an efficient venue!

Those were fun , LOVE the Warfield !!! :icon14:

• Forum MVP

The only JGB show I ever caught was in '83 at a roller skating rink in Setauket LI. It was hot as hell in there and between the doses and dancing so hard that I could literally wring out my clothes afterwords, I never took a pee break all night.

I suppose one could call that "efficient show-going"......lol.

Guest Lisacat

The only JGB show I ever caught was in '83 at a roller skating rink in Setauket LI. It was hot as hell in there and between the doses and dancing so hard that I could literally wring out my clothes afterwords, I never took a pee break all night.

I suppose one could call that "efficient show-going"......lol.

that seems to be CV's MO at every show. Sweat enough and you never have to pee.

• Forum MVP

None

I rarely agree with Dave, -But , I also don't have many songs that get me to leave the floor & head for the bathroom!

A little planning on the way into the show...And set break isn't that far away!

I've been pleasantly surprised by quite a few songs, that I really didn't care for until seeing a particularily hot version of it @ a show!

Too each his own...

Rob

WORD!

are you guys being a wet (pee) blanket in this nonsensical but fun thread ... :D:cheers:

are you guys being a wet (pee) blanket in this nonsensical but fun thread ... :D:cheers:

Hey Pal,

Not trying to piss on anyones cheerios-Just saying that between the facts :

1) I was rarely ever in the seat my ticket suggested

2) For some reason @ GD shows, I was usually openminded(mind expanded you might say) & preferred to explore whatever song the boys decided to play.

Of course I have a few songs I'd rather not hear live anymore-coincidentally DSO seems to like playing them, So no need to name them !

Peace,

Rob

:dsorocks:

• Forum MVP

Hey Pal,

Not trying to piss on anyones cheerios-Just saying that between the facts :

1) I was rarely ever in the seat my ticket suggested

2) For some reason @ GD shows, I was usually openminded(mind expanded you might say) & preferred to explore whatever song the boys decided to play.

Of course I have a few songs I'd rather not hear live anymore-coincidentally DSO seems to like playing them, So no need to name them !

Peace,

Rob

Raisin Bran !!!

I usually stay right at the rail during the sets and hit the head during set break, except during G'fest '08 where I was about to piss my pants during Space...I hustled back right in time for a Morning Dew! Oddly appropriate?

If I had to pick a first set and second set song, I'd take Memphis Blues and Touch. Touch just bores the hell out of me...maybe it's the fact that I can hear it on the radio anytime I'd like. It feels more like a first set song than a show closer, which is how I know dear ol' JK used to apply it. Not ripping on JK, but I always knew that if we had a Throwing Stones post-Space, Touch would be the set closer and I would groan.

• Advisory Board

between the doses and dancing so hard that I could literally wring out my clothes afterwords,\

You must of learned from Chuck...

VICTIM blows!

Agreed!!

My list of "pee-breaks" are..

LL Rain (Great song, but depresses me)

Picasso Moon

Esau

Johnny B Goode

Watchtower

Tons of Steel

Some of the cowboy songs

A few others but I can't think right now...

Archived