Pee Break Songs.............................

gr8fulpair

Guest Lisacat

Watchtower

hmmm. I wouldn't mind hearing this one a bit more. still love that one from ridgefield a few years ago- the tour opener show that Ms Mackey didn't show up to...

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

One of the many wonders of seeing all the Garcia Band Warfield shows in the early 90s was that you could be at the sweet spot (which I considered drink rail center, maybe 1 or two people back), hit the head, come back to your spot with a full pint of beer should you choose, and have missed about two verses of whatever Jerry was playing. Now that's an efficient venue!

Went to CHURCH starting Dec. of '89. Didn't see ALL of them but the majority thru '94. I mostly just peed my pants whenever Jigga was on stage! Anyone remember the show when he first used rosebud? I was there but can't remember which run. August 90 or winter 91???

Agree with many of these picks like Victim, Picasso. Corrina is a little better, but yeah... However, I actually like Esua and don't understand why it is so disliked by many. I think it's got a great little hook and I've heard the GD and DSO jam the shit out of it. As far as Watchtower is concerned, I've always hated that song when played by the GD. The Hendrix version kicked ass. However, it just never really worked for me with the GD. It's just plain monotonous and unmusical to my ears.

Agree with many of these picks like Victim, Picasso. Corrina is a little better, but yeah... However, I actually like Esua and don't understand why it is so disliked by many. I think it's got a great little hook and I've heard the GD and DSO jam the shit out of it. As far as Watchtower is concerned, I've always hated that song when played by the GD. The Hendrix version kicked ass. However, it just never really worked for me with the GD. It's just plain monotonous and unmusical to my ears.

Count me in the GD-Watchtower haters group. I don't even like playing that song in the GD style all that much.

• Forum MVP

I actually really like Esau as well, especially DSO and late-70's GD. I also find Victim to be interesting......I sometimes marvel at Weir's unique and at times utterly bizarre take on songwriting......Victim may be his weirdest ever.

Watchtower......can't stand it except when Jimi rules it.

• Forum MVP

For better or worse, Drums was always the time when I would go to the bathroom or meet friends at the Greenpeace table or Rock med, or get a beer, soda or water.

Sorry Bill, but when Garcia unplugged, I had to take advantage.

I could never fathom how ANYONE could leave while he was plugged in.

Now that is blasphemy.

Blasphemy doesn't work for me. Need a much more harsh word. Jerry loved that song dearly (me too) and it showcased his superior rhythm guitar skills. Saw him play it at least a dozen times.....NEVER disappointed!

• Forum MVP

Now that is blasphemy.

Blasphemy doesn't work for me. Need a much more harsh word. Jerry loved that song dearly (me too) and it showcased his superior rhythm guitar skills. Saw him play it at least a dozen times.....NEVER disappointed!

Guys, we don't have to go pee together... :unsure: If we all disliked the same songs, the bathrooms would be full during them.

So, Gus B now that we know you love Run for the Roses, what is/are your Pee Break Song(s)?

• Forum MVP

As far as the Grateful Dead/DSO the only time I took out to find a restroom is almost never ... Well set brake!

but as far as Furthur goes I'd have to say every Jerry song that Bob or Phil takes a shot at. To me it just hurts my ears.

A lot of the songs you all don't seem to care for are some of my favs! To each his own I'm just gonna :) :) :)

Guys, we don't have to go pee together... :unsure: If we all disliked the same songs, the bathrooms would be full during them.

So, Gus B now that we know you love Run for the Roses, what is/are your Pee Break Song(s)?

Victim

Picasso

Take you home

Rooster

• Forum MVP

As far as the Grateful Dead/DSO the only time I took out to find a restroom is almost never ... Well set brake!

but as far as Furthur goes I'd have to say every Jerry song that Bob or Phil takes a shot at. To me it just hurts my ears.

A lot of the songs you all don't seem to care for are some of my favs! To each his own I'm just gonna :) :) :)

Mike , keep smiling , a couple of my favs are not liked by some also LOL ... ;):)

• Forum MVP

maybe we all like these songs , but we enjoy the pee break just a little bit more ... :icon14: yeah , that's the ticket :)

right on........... it's not hate (for most of us), it's just "love the least", but love nonetheless.......... :wub:

Guest Lisacat

this coming from the guy who doesn't like "dark star"....

I think dark star is sort of like gin....an acquired taste- you either love it or hate it (although I doubt any deadhead really hates it)

Archived