Dso 8/13 Laureltown, Pa - Bear's Picnic

Tea

• Forum MVP

I could give you an account of the evening that was no picnic. But the moral is that blessings do flow, and all's well that ends well.

A cryptic response to say the least. Tough weather? Gastapo security? Band a cylinder short to start? Anxious to know what went down....

• Advisory Board

Me and Chuck tried to get there.... unfortunatly I had a blowout and totalled my car.... no one was hurt but the car is a total loss.... almost one year to the day when I bought the VW GTI...

RIP my fast and furious friend....

• Forum MVP

I could give you an account of the evening that was no picnic. But the moral is that blessings do flow, and all's well that ends well.

Me and Chuck tried to get there.... unfortunatly I had a blowout and totalled my car.... no one was hurt but the car is a total loss.... almost one year to the day when I bought the VW GTI...

I'm glad you guys are ok ... cars are very replaceable , good people aren't !!! :)

Ron,

It was nice to see you in AC-even if we didn't chat!

It's been quite a rough summer tour for you-Hopefully the Fall tour is much less eventful for you!

Peace,

Rob

:dsorocks:

• Advisory Board

VERY happy to hear you're both ok.

Hopefully you have insurance for this chapter? Maybe you get a new ride out of it.

And at least I hope you both were "enjoying the ride"...

Dr. B B)

• Forum MVP

with a werewoles & golden road filler.me & kris got there ,suspected the 77 with the stage setup,thinking in the past 12 or so shows we haven't seen a scarlet /fire and one to end the first set was very much off the charts which seams to be the norm these days .The jac a roe seemed like it had a very cool regae beat going on within the song.even big river seemed different last night .very nice place for a show ,no hassles what so ever .Thank god herd & chuck are still in one piece.you were missed .don't bring my fone into shows anymore so i wasn't getting the texts.

lisa did awonderful job on sunrise & looks like rain .walked all the way back during llr and the sound ,100 yards away or more sounded amazing.That meyers sound system that dbs has always never fails!!could of stayed thru tonight but we figured the new riders are in our town tomorrow we'd go check em out .peace

• Forum MVP

I was at the original and when I heard what DSO had played I was perturbed to hear that I have been shut out of Scarlet>Fire for two tours in a row. I think that is a "personal worst" record. But that's not what's important.

What's important is that despite a serious accident that thankfully just involved us, Ron emerged without a scratch. My nose looks like someone about my size punched me hard. I know there is a school of thought that believes I have that and more coming, so I am good with it.

There are several morals to this cautionary little tale. The most accessible one is "wear your seatbelts." When I said above that blessings flow, I have never been more serious in my life. Everyone be careful every way, every day. Someone is telling us all something.

Glad to hear everyone is safe and healthy, except maybe Chuck's nose. Concerning the show, it's hard to know where to start. During the set break, we were discussing how the first set was so strong, when we ran into none other than Mr. and Mrs. Deviled Egg. We had a really nice conversation, and that led into a mind melter of a second set. It was just rock solid from beginning to end. The string of songs starting with Estimated and running through Wharf Rat was so lovingly performed, and really touched me. This show was also particularly sweet for me because 5-17-77 (just the second set) is the first tape of a live show I ever owned . I nearly wore it out, and as far as I know that tape is still stuck in the deck of my old 82 Eagle wagon, rusting away in some junk yard.

At any rate, the show was even better than the tape. Thanks DSO!

• Forum MVP

This show was truly a wonderful way to end our tour (though I am still a little sad we couldn't make it to Burlington!) I'm still sad I didn't get a smokestack lightning on this run, but there will be more shows for that....

the room up front to dance was absolutely amazing... only ONE drunk girl with her LED beer mug pushing around in the front, but when I asked her to not stand DIRECTLY in front of me, she did the right thing and moved on with only a dirty look instead of dirty words.... and, of course, there was the drunk wayward soul that had to go lean on the stage for wharf rat (amazing how that song always brings "that guy" to the front!) but since I knew he would leave after wharf rat, it was no big deal, and of course, he did. that made me happy that there was a front for him to come up to when he needed it the most. having multiple feet of dancing room around us in the front really made the show special as our last one of the run! there were surely many issues we had to dance out, and as usual, DSO provided the perfect songs to do so with. the Terrapin after Prophet was very, very meaningful to me, and I can't really express in words how much that has helped me through this past week.

we were sad to hear what had happened to chuck and herdy, but with everything happening to everybody lately, it was hardly a surprise, and I know we are all growing stronger from the rains blown our way, and at least we are all still alive to dance together again one day soon.

it was awesome meeting Dancer's Choice and reuniting with others.... this festival had amazing vibes throughout!

David Gans called me and the Deviled Egg out for only dancing to Grateful Dead songs during his set (yeah, he walked by us several times the night before when we were waiting for DSO 45 mins before they came on in our spot, though no one else was up there waiting to be in front!), asking us if we only come dance for GD, and of course we said yes (because it's pretty much true, I mean, we did have a booth to run, after all!) and he played more GD in his set than what I think he had planned because we floated up there for Lazy River Rd, and him calling us out worked, because we felt guilty leaving at that point... he did this beautiful instrumental Cassidy/Bird Song that was heart warming, and he played one of his newer songs in which the chorus says, "a kick in the ass is a shove in the right direction" and I think that it was exactly what we needed to hear at this moment, considering the beatings we have taken of late. But it has definitely been a HUGE shove in the right direction.

Don't know when I will be seeing any of you again, I hope for terrapin hill and I hope for the Baltimore and DC shows, but the four winds have blown me home and it is a little hard right now to see where they will take me from here. should be at the Wilmington, NC shows as that is where I am for the time being, and I will hopefully be dragging my brother out to it since he hasn't seen DSO in YEARS and thinks he likes hip hop more than anything... but he was the first to expose me to GD as a kid, and I know that when he sees DSO it will remind him of some things he's let pass him by that he never should have let go of.

LOVE!

Mrs D

• Forum MVP

oh my, and how could I forget to throw out a VERY special thank you to DSO for playing High Time that night!!!! Not only was it the first song we heard at the Dewey Beach show after our car window was smashed, making the one this night bring all our problems full circle, but my girl Coco and I were able to hold each other and cry in memory of our oh so special friend who is now gone for life behind bars... that was his song and being able to hold my girl and let the tears fall and our feet shuffle along for him was a moment of enlightenment and pain that I will not ever forget.... that one was definitely for you, Jeffy, wherever you are now :(

Archived