Dso = The Best They Have Been In Years!

Dagan Broad

With the addition of Jeff, continuous touring, fantastic performances every night and many other amazing things that are involved in the DSO community, not only with the band, but the crew (Cotter, Sara, Matt, Bryan, Nick, Will - you guys are freaking awesome!) this has been, in my humble opinion, the best year the band has had in years!

And I am sure you guys here agree, yes?

Thanks all and keep up the good work,

Dagan

They're the best I've seen yet...even the freshness with the lineup changes has been schweeeee-eeet. Getting to hear both Stu and Jeff with the band has been a treat. It's been a great year for the community...we've been blessed with a wealth of kind music.

I'm grateful...it's all happening :icon14:

The band does seem to be growing, both in the ability to explore new ground in their jams, as well as playing songs that they never, or rarely did when JK was on board. John's guitar work and singing are what really got me hooked on DSO (along with the amazing contributions from the rest of the band), and I would be perfectly content if he were still in the mix. That said, Jeff brings a feeling and sound to DSO that I haven't felt since the last time I saw the GD.... the exploratory improvisation is so fun to watch and hear, and I am sure the band feels invigorated by their new member. We are all very lucky to be experiencing this change, and each show I attend makes me so glad that I have found a musical home in DSO and am on the bus.

I am SO STOKED for my first acoustic DSO show at Mexicali next month !!!

Topher

• Forum MVP

With the addition of Jeff, continuous touring, fantastic performances every night and many other amazing things that are involved in the DSO community, not only with the band, but the crew (Cotter, Sara, Matt, Bryan, Nick, Will - you guys are freaking awesome!) this has been, in my humble opinion, the best year the band has had in years!

And I am sure you guys here agree, yes?

Thanks all and keep up the good work,

Dagan

word :dsorocks:

• Forum MVP

I concur!

As do I! My whole musical life I have tried to play in enriching situations. I enjoyed playing with DSO up until Johns departure. But, when Jeff came on board I don't think I was prepared for the journeys we have been taken on by Mr. Mattson! He has raised the bar and in turn DSO is raising the bar on a nightly basis. I can say with great confidence that the band will continue to grow leaps and bounds and with the advent of the original tune factor, anything can happen.

Much love to you all for your loyalty and support. Long live this great music and long live DSO!!!!!!!!!! Rob Barraco

As do I! My whole musical life I have tried to play in enriching situations. I enjoyed playing with DSO up until Johns departure. But, when Jeff came on board I don't think I was prepared for the journeys we have been taken on by Mr. Mattson! He has raised the bar and in turn DSO is raising the bar on a nightly basis. I can say with great confidence that the band will continue to grow leaps and bounds and with the advent of the original tune factor, anything can happen.

Much love to you all for your loyalty and support. Long live this great music and long live DSO!!!!!!!!!! Rob Barraco

Amen RB! I guess thanks are in order to Phil and Bob for making this happen for us??!! And......much thanks to DSO and crew for giving us maximum effort every night!! It doesn't go unnoticed.....ever!

I agree so much I want some recordings of the concerts I've gone to with Jeff and don't have a recording of. May 20th 2010 (which I've already made a thread about), and 8-9-10.

Did anyone notice that Jerry, John, and Jeff all have J names?

• 3 weeks later...

I have to reserve comment on all of this until I finally get the chance to see DSO with Jeff in California.

Hint hint

;)

PS--I did see DSO with Stu the last time they played in San Francisco and it smoked!!

by all means jeff is off the hook-but when i seen dso with stu,they just took it to a whole other level!

Archived