wheel>

drums>

space>

need a miracle>

china doll>

viola lee

tangled up in blue

fantastic show!

Fantastic is understatement in my humble opinion. Words are lost on how to describe this show. This band keeps getting better and better. It is truly amazing to see the impact that JM has made on the fans and the band. Thanks to band and crew for all they do in delivering an experience that gives so many of us joy!

Bridgeport will be monumental.....in more ways than one. "gota make it some how"

Hell in a bucket

Ramble on Rose

Black throated wind

stagger lee

Easy to love you

all over now

cats under the stars

passenger

foolish heart>

johnny b goode

Franklins>

woman are smarter

simple twist of fate

truckin>

good morning little school girl>

wheel>

drums>

space>

need a miracle>

china doll>

viola lee

tangled up in blue

fantastic show!

• Forum MVP

Was this a Pig Schoolgirl with Barraco behind the mic or Eaton with (what would have been) a classic Truckin>Schoolgirl combo?

My guess is very much the latter but it's funny how much it would change the dynamic of the set if it was the former.

Barraco

• Forum MVP

Hell in a bucket

Ramble on Rose

Black throated wind

stagger lee

Easy to love you

all over now

cats under the stars

passenger

foolish heart>

johnny b goode

Franklins>

woman are smarter

simple twist of fate

truckin>

good morning little school girl>

wheel>

drums>

space>

need a miracle>

china doll>

viola lee

tangled up in blue

fantastic show!

Kabooom! That is my kind of elective. My head is spinning from just reading the offering. God only knows what i would have done if I was lucky enough to be there. Many of my personal favorites appear to have been on display this nite.

Outside shot at 12/31....MOOOO! wish me luck people.

Kabooom! That is my kind of elective. My head is spinning from just reading the offering. God only knows what i would have done if I was lucky enough to be there. Many of my personal favorites appear to have been on display this nite.

Outside shot at 12/31....MOOOO! wish me luck people.

Good Luck Tea!! (Love the avatar!!!)

• Forum MVP

I thought there was supposed to have been an acoustic set?

3 setter tonite to include a Terrapin Nation set

Your acoustic set will kick off NYE followed by a recreation of 12/31/76. Yum.

Guest Lisacat

what is a terrapin nation set?

Something I wish would happen on the west coast run!

As far as the show goes-

such a fun night!!! I was tickled pink to get an elective! And they sold out!

They were really locked in last night and the energy was constistently high from start to finish. Got my black throated wind...I think that is one Bobby tune I could hear every show....so much feeling and depth. I was all over the place on the floor during the first set and missed out on a couple tunes.....particularly the Foolish Heart but caught the end and it was beautifully done...

First time I got to hear Schoolgirl live and that was a hoot! Loved dancing to it...I love getting to dance to a song for the very first time. It brings so much life to a song that I've known but never had the chance to (for lack of a better word) interact with. Then came one of the weirdest moments I've ever had on the dance floor....the wheel started (which I was soo pleased to hear) and think I started dancing before it really got started and within about 30 seconds of the song I notice that the floor opened up completely around me and I had a circle of about 8 or 10 people around me watching me. It was intense! I guess sometimes you have to watch what you wish for! They were all giving me space but at the same time I so much would have rather them dance with me.... It was a really friendly spot though and I thoroughly enjoyed the good vibes. Everyone was really into the music....didn't notice talkers all night.

The china doll was beautiful- I think that may be the ballad I like hearing Jeff sing the most.... then the psychedelic meltdown- Viola Lee Blues. It was by far the best viola I've ever heard live, or quite possibly ever heard at all. I'm not even really sure what happened to me during it - but it was one of those blissed out moments when your mind completely dissappears and all thats there is the music and the dance and the music just danced me right out of my body. The jam got so intense it was frightening. Loved it.

Thanks for a great night! Wish I could be there for the rest, but gotta get home. Have fun to all those going!!! Happy New Year!

• Advisory Board

That Viola Lee Blues was the SICKEST shit I've ever heard... Absolutely incredible!!!! The Foolish Heart was just as amazing!!! The whole show was just amazing, and I was so happy to see that it SOLD OUT!!!!

• Forum MVP

I thought the Viola from Penns Peak was other wordly. I really got loose, danced around, and enjoyed myself. I was completely lost in the song, but I'm still partial to certain version played by the Grateful Dead. I think DSO and Furthur do a fantastic job, but I still prefer the 68 viola. To name one, 2-2-68 Crystal Ballroom Portland Oregon.

http://www.archive.org/details/gd68-02-02.sbd.jools.15801.sbeok.shnf

Guest Lisacat

I thought the Viola from Penns Peak was other wordly. I really got loose, danced around, and enjoyed myself. I was completely lost in the song, but I'm still partial to certain version played by the Grateful Dead. I think DSO and Furthur do a fantastic job, but I still prefer the 68 viola. To name one, 2-2-68 Crystal Ballroom Portland Oregon.

http://www.archive.o...5801.sbeok.shnf

nice...thanks Rick. Haven't spent a ton of time listening to 68 stuff as its more difficult to find good recordings....I think I actually have this one on disc somewhere. Guess its time for me to get with the times and buy an iPod. Maybe it will be a new years resolution along with learning how to knit.

Archived