Dso To Play Japan - Fuji Rock Fest

Teacher Matt

• Advisory Board

Looked into plane tickets to Japan about 3 weeks ago when I found out, and boy oh boy is it NOT cheap to get there! Course this was before the earthquake and the havok that ensued, but round trip from Portland was looking to be $1700+... Dunno what it is now, but I'm sure it hasn't gone down... wish I could be there, but definatly sitting this one out..

• Forum MVP

... wish I could be there, but definatly sitting this one out..

Congraduations to The Best Band in the Land for scoring this gig in Asia.

I'm sure that most loyal American fans will be missing this show. I'd bet that even Joesph doesn't make it to his usual spot on the rail for this one. Maybe there can be some sort of simacast broadcast on the internet like was done for some shows a few years ago.

Peace and Love,

Doc

• Forum MVP

I'd bet that even Joesph doesn't make it to his usual spot on the rail for this one.

Don't take that bet Doc. I talked to him a few times during the last tour.....he's definetely 100% going. BTW....he hasn't missed a DSO show in a year and a half.

I remember one show he grabbed me and said " Help me out for a minute Greg" So I say " Ok Joseph whats up"? He then proceeds to lead me to the street next to the venue, in close proximity to where the bus was parked, and to the hissing sounds of the Nitrous Mafia, and their wares which were clearly evident and in the wide open. Here we go! He says " We don't want your shit on our scene, it makes the band we love look bad, and if you don't take those fucking tanks out of here right now were gonna drain them" So the 2 dudes (who were obviouisly there for no other reason except to sell nitrous) packed up their tanks and split. I'm sorry if this offends anyone... but I can't stand those bastards. Joseph has got alot of spunk for his age. I know alot of folks have issues with him.....but he's alright in my book.

. I'm sorry if this offends anyone... but I can't stand those bastards.

Agreed... I guess they wouldnt be soo bad if they werent so mean to everyone, and littering every lot the go in... or if they at least acted like they liked the music a little..

• Forum MVP

Agreed... I guess they wouldnt be soo bad if they werent so mean to everyone, and littering every lot the go in... or if they at least acted like they liked the music a little..

This is who they are. They're not there for the music.

http://www.villagevoice.com/2010-07-06/music/hippie-crack-nitrous-mafia-boston/

• Forum MVP

Just one of the most recent DSO wacko's.... blink.gif

meaning many of us have had a stint as "Head Wacko" ... headbang.gif

ie - going to more than the recommended dosage of shows deemed healthy by the FDA... wacko.gif

FDA = Freak Department of Attendance

• Forum MVP

I guess they wouldn t be to bad? I don t care if they re heads or not ,its fukin hippie crack ,very bad for the scene,

• Forum MVP

A fixture on the front rail for going on two years now...

About a month ago Joesph told me that he has seen more shows than some of the band members....He reminded me that both Dino and Rob had missed a couple shows but Joesph was there on the rail as usual for all the shows.

• Forum MVP

Joseph..... " Help me out for a minute Greg" So I say " Ok Joseph whats up"? He then proceeds to lead me to the street next to the venue, in close proximity to where the bus was parked, and to the hissing sounds of the Nitrous Mafia, and their wares which were clearly evident and in the wide open. Here we go! He says " We don't want your shit on our scene, it makes the band we love look bad, and if you don't take those fucking tanks out of here right now were gonna drain them" So the 2 dudes (who were obviouisly there for no other reason except to sell nitrous) packed up their tanks and split. I'm sorry if this offends anyone... but I can't stand those bastards. Joseph has got alot of spunk for his age. I know alot of folks have issues with him.....but he's alright in my book.

Joseph certainly does have a lot of spunk. He can get a bit pushy at times but he is a wonderful person. One of the interesting twists to the story above is that Joseph actually has to carry around a bottle of oxygen to breath....disabled vet from the war.

• Forum MVP

Agreed Steve. The less nitrous and nitrous folk, the healthier the scene with directly effects the energy of the show.

Joseph certainly does have a lot of spunk. He can get a bit pushy at times but he is a wonderful person. One of the interesting twists to the story above is that Joseph actually has to carry around a bottle of oxygen to breath....disabled vet from the war.

No way! This Joseph fellow sounded quite mystical but I know exactly who he is! I danced next to him at the last Mighty High with JK, the tour with Keller Williams. Seeing a man with an oxygen rig was intriguing on the rail... an amazing human being.

As for this gig... Seeing Dark Star Orchestra in Japan sounds like a dream I'd have... one of the moments in life where you feel you have to go for it despite the intensified logistics...

This is good for DSO.

• Forum MVP

Agreed Steve. The less nitrous and nitrous folk, the healthier the scene with directly effects the energy of the show.

No way! This Joseph fellow sounded quite mystical but I know exactly who he is! I danced next to him at the last Mighty High with JK, the tour with Keller Williams. Seeing a man with an oxygen rig was intriguing on the rail... an amazing human being.

As for this gig... Seeing Dark Star Orchestra in Japan sounds like a dream I'd have... one of the moments in life where you feel you have to go for it despite the intensified logistics...

This is good for DSO.

I almost thought it was a dream my self with what is going on over there. But, they claim it's happening and I just got my plane ticket! Can't wait to spread the good vibes to these amazing people. I know they need it!!! RB

I almost thought it was a dream my self with what is going on over there. But, they claim it's happening and I just got my plane ticket! Can't wait to spread the good vibes to these amazing people. I know they need it!!! RB

The people of Japan who have survived these horrible tragedies sure do need to find ways to celebrate being alive, and I can't think of a better way to get them to feel good about themselves than a festival of music, especially one with DSO in the lineup. Rob, you, and the rest of the band are very lucky to be taking part in this, and I just wish I could be there. too !

Topher

• Forum MVP

Sorry to veer off topic from the Japan gig, but the "every show on rail" has me intrigued. Roughly what percentage of DSO shows are reserved, meaning in theory if you didn't get stuffed a 1st row seat the rail is unobtainable?

• Forum MVP

Sorry to veer off topic from the Japan gig, but the "every show on rail" has me intrigued. Roughly what percentage of DSO shows are reserved, meaning in theory if you didn't get stuffed a 1st row seat the rail is unobtainable?

I would imagine a fairly low %. Less than 10 % is my guess.

I've only been to two.

Archived