Tn Requests

anddave

• Forum MVP

>bump<

Maybe I'm whistling in the dark,but I think the Robs are inviting us to request a TN set.

(click link above) I just know that y'all starheads have requests... don't you?

...or does nobody believe in a TN set this year?

I have way too many requests, but if I had to pick one it would be "Kaya" by Bob Marley!

Here's a little background reason, maybe that will help be a deciding factor (here's to hoping, anyways!) :D

So my hubs and I met at both our first Gratefulfests in 2006, married 6 months later, and never missed another. At last year's GF I was 7 1/2 months preggo with our daughter, whom we named Kaya. So really, Kaya wouldn't be here if it wasn't for DSO and Gratefulfest! And this will be her first Gratefulfest at almost 10 months old. So don't you wanna play a special song just for her?? ;)

I saw David Lindley play with Hani Naser at a small club in Redondo Beach in the 80s. The club was so small that there were some tables set up stage right, which was where my friends and I were sitting. Excellent seats! Jackson showed up about half way through the 2nd set and played the last couple of tunes. They didn't play this one, that I remember, but it's interesting to see in your vid that David is doing the weird "Won't you stay?" backup/cameo.

Here's a great one Gans played at Bear's Picnic last year:

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Ammagamalin Crew

Promontory Rider (this is the Terrapin Nation request line right?) Who Makes The Moves, Accidently Like A Martyr (Warren Zevon),

• Forum MVP

ive always thought clapton's "the core" would be a perfect cover for TN.. eaton could take clapton's vocals..but the real treat of this song is the female vocals..lisa would ROCK this song!!!! also, mattson guitar solo on a clapton song would be siiiiick!

• Forum MVP

ive always thought clapton's "the core" would be a perfect cover for TN.. eaton could take clapton's vocals..but the real treat of this song is the female vocals..lisa would ROCK this song!!!! also, mattson guitar solo on a clapton song would be siiiiick!

You hit the nail on the head with this one Jordan! This would rock for sure. How about a "Kid Charlemaign" shout out to Owsley?

I think Rob B. could nail the vocal on that one.

I agree with the Lisa requests! I would add White Rabbit as I have never got to see her do it.

These are pretty random but since we're wishing here.... I'd love to see them go outside of the box and do some floyd or allmans.... And this may be wasted on Terrapin nation but I always love when they go heavy on the JGB

• Forum MVP

More Talking Heads. Loved the Nothing But Flowers last year, and I remember seeing the Stay Up Late at Martyrs four or five years ago. I think it is about time they join the ranks of others doing Naive Melody, but most anything would be fine...

Ok, I'm adding another request just because if they play it I might have a happy heart attack.

This request also comes with a back story :P

Many years ago, I had this "feeling" before a show that DSO was going to play "Willie and the Hand Jive". I attempted to teach all my friends the hand jive (luckily one other girl knew it!), and we were all sure we would hear it that night. No such luck. So all the shows afterward the Hand jive was always mentioned between us, but I sadly never heard it. These friends will (mostly) all be there, and would shit a brick if we heard it.

(forgive me for the Bobby and Kingfish link, that was the closest to GD I found of the song) :lol:

Archived