Detroit Lions

ripplinrain

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Forum MVP

I know I should a homer, but really hard as long as William Clay Ford owns team. He has years to make up for,and a public apology to Barry and the city would be a start. But don't think I can ever forget or forgive him for Matt's destruction.

My bengals have a way of making other teams look good. Don't get too excited just yet.

I never get excited about anything that happens in the preseason. I'm more excited about last years 4 game winning steak to end the year. Its sad that we were probably the happiest 6-10 team ever. Being a Lions fan the last 10 years has been brutal. I had season tickets when we moved back downtown and I finally had to let them go after about 4 years. I mean, 2-14, 0-16, 2-14,etc. etc. You just can't justify buying tickets to something that bad.

I'm cautiously optimistic for the first time in a while. Not being out of the playoff race 5 games in would be nice for a change.

For years people wouldoffer me "sympathy" drinks while watching the games.I was really looking forward to a or two detroit shows that Mr. Barraco hinted under a different post might be happening.I was hoping to see both DSO and the LIONS.Still am thinking this is the year for me to visit the new Ford field {vs the silverdome}.

• Forum MVP

I have kept falling victim to the Gamblers Fallacy with respect to MY Laydowns. That rule says that just because there has been loss, after loss, after loss that fortunes will reverse themselves. For 2011-12, I think the Lions will be very competitive and surpise their fair share of teams. Here is their schedule with my predictions:

Sunday, September 11 at Tampa Bay Buccaneers Loss

Sunday, September 18 KANSAS CITY CHIEFS Win

Sunday, September 25 at Minnesota Vikings Win

Sunday, October 2 at Dallas Cowboys Loss

Monday, October 10 CHICAGO BEARS Win

Sunday, October 16 SAN FRANCISCO Win

Sunday, October 23 ATLANTA FALCONS Loss

Sunday, October 30 at Denver Broncos Loss

Sunday, November 6 *** BYE WEEK ***

Sunday, November 13 at Chicago Bears Loss

Sunday, November 20 CAROLINA PANTHERS Win

Thursday, November 24 GREEN BAY PACKERS Loss

Sunday, December 4 at New Orleans Saints Loss

Sunday, December 11 MINNESOTA VIKINGS Win

Sunday, December 18 at Oakland Raiders Loss

Saturday, December 24 SAN DIEGO CHARGERS Loss

Sunday, January 1 at Green Bay Packers Loss

My Head tells me 6 - 10. My heart says 10 - 6. They call me Tea the Greek:

jimmythegreek.gif

What a dirtbag Jimmy was..........

When it comes to the Lions I never really follow the point spreads but actually I think they do okay vs the spread.Just due to no respectthey tend to be real underdogs.Heres to hoping to knocking the cheese out of Green Bay.Anyone happen to notice the smile on the refs face when he after review he stated complete while in the "process" of making the catch.That was payback for last years opening day game stolen Vs Chi

• 2 weeks later...

Any idea of just how high those odds are?know of any respectable site to bet or in vegas only.Best apology would be to make the playoffs.Matt millen is an idiot who thank god is GONE>

bodog.com

lions are going to cause a lot of havoc and i think theyll finish second in the NFC North as long as Stafford stays healthy which is a long shot at this point

• 3 weeks later...
  • Forum MVP

Down 20-0 to the Vikings at the Metrodome :icon13: but come stormin back to win it in OT! :icon14: This could be the end of McNabb.........

The Lions have their hands full next week with the Cowboys....or is it the other way around? :lol:

• Forum MVP

Down 20-0 to the Vikings at the Metrodome :icon13: but come stormin back to win it in OT! :icon14: This could be the end of McNabb.........

The Lions have their hands full next week with the Cowboys....or is it the other way around? :lol:

No lead is safe against the Lions people. Thanks to Romo for the 2 pick-sixes - he is either Jeckyl or Hyde, right?

These are not your Daddy's Lions now. GB had better not pat themselves on the back for too long cause Detroit has something comin for you.

Not being out of the playoff race 5 games in would be nice for a change.

Check.

5-0 after 5 games?!?! Are you kidding me? This team looks for real. Theres talant up and down this roster. No gimmicks. Oh wait, the running game, but even that went off last night. I'm excited.

• Forum MVP

After watching Monday's game and seeing that defensive line destroy the Bears, I'm almost ready to say playoffs.

Plaaayyoffs? Did somebody say Plaaaayyyoffs? Plaaayofffs?

Playoffs.jpg

I think they have a decent shot to make it but if GB runs away with it, Detroit may have to compete with the likes of NO, ATL, WASH, and SF. 10-6 might not even make the cut.......

As long as they stay hunrgy, it's gonna be a great race to January. :icon14:

• 1 month later...

Unbelievable season start, can you imagine if Barry was still playing for them? They'll be in the Super Bowl.

Come back to earth. You can't even beat da Bears. Yea, Sanders as a 43 year old running back. You will be lucky to get a wild card. Thanks for coming. GO PACK GO!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived