Detroit Lions

ripplinrain

I sure hope the lions make it. They will have to rattle off a couple wins tho. I hope they beat NO, San Diego, Green Bay, and Minnesota. I just hope they don't beat the Raiders. I'm looking forward to a deep playoff run for my boys from Oakland...

Peace,

Joe

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Forum MVP

Dear Santa thanks for listening and bringing Detroit Lions a PLAYOFF spot.I have been good and have believed all along.Clinching on Christmas Eve what a present.

That sure would be sweet - just have to beat GB or SD. Both are gonna be tough but I think they can do it if the spotlight isn't too big for them.

• Forum MVP

For the person that said pigs would fly before the following would happen, let's review.

1. U of M beat OSU

2. OSU had a losing season

3. Michigan in Sugar Bowl

4. Lions made playoffs

5. Only prediction that didn't come true, Penn State isn't in the Rose Bowl. But who knew what was happening there.

Well, when you go outside don't look up. Won't want anything to drop on your head.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Forum MVP

The T-Giving curse has been lifted! It was nice to see them dominate a team instead of the other way around. Sure > Rogers was hurt but I'm not sure it would have mattered.

Big win after playing like *bleep* the last couple weeks. GO LIONS!

• Forum MVP

Rogers being hurt was definitely a factor but the lions did play great. Haven't heard anyone say how bout dem cowboys!!! They got their 1st streak of the season. Looked for a while like they were destined to be a .500 team and do what no one had ever done---alternate win/loss for a whole season.

• Forum MVP

Haven't heard anyone say how bout dem cowboys!!! They got their 1st streak of the season. Looked for a while like they were destined to be a .500 team and do what no one had ever done---alternate win/loss for a whole season.

Giants and Raiders = Slump-Busters.  Just Wait - It'll come down to the last game of the season versus the Eagles as to whether the Cowboys make the playoffs.  Tie Game....waining moments of the 4th Quarter.....Cowboys trying to convert 3rd down to get into field goal range......Romo back to throw......Intercepted.....PICK SIX.  Thanks for coming. 

I'm right till I'm wrong.

• Forum MVP

Haven't heard anyone say how bout dem cowboys!!! They got their 1st streak of the season. Looked for a while like they were destined to be a .500 team and do what no one had ever done---alternate win/loss for a whole season.

Giants and Raiders = Slump-Busters.  Just Wait - It'll come down to the last game of the season versus the Eagles as to whether the Cowboys make the playoffs.  Tie Game....waining moments of the 4th Quarter.....Cowboys trying to convert 3rd down to get into field goal range......Romo back to throw......Intercepted.....PICK SIX.  Thanks for coming. 

I'm right till I'm wrong.

At least make a prediction where you arent favored to be correct.  Romo throwing a 4th quarter interception is all but assured. 

• Forum MVP

Detroit has to man-up 2nite or they lose the ability to control their own destiny. Isn't destiny control something we all want :)? Leave it all out on the field guys - B-More is desperate too. It should be a good one!

• Forum MVP

That kicker is amazing.

Also how bout them cowboys!!! They would have probably a top 5 college defense this year. I'd guess they could hold Florida state to 35 points.

The crazy stat for me from this game was that during a period of time during the 3rd Quarter (after being up 25-3 at halftime), the Cowboy offense ran 16 plays ~ 15 of which were passing plays.  This is also after their running back averaged 7 yds per run from scrimmage.  Sure there was a Romo meltdown, but the coaches are more to blame IMHO.  Do they even understand the game they're coaching?  Good Grief. 

Archived