Hardly Stictly

Island Bro

• Forum MVP

I just wanted to send out a good groove to the band and to everyone else who's gonna be at Golden Gate Park on Sunday eve...

I'm excited for the band to play in front of a HUGE crowd and sure wish I could be there to experience it but I get the sense it will be total blast for everyone...

And to all you starheads that will be at that set---do your part to get that whole crowd moving and shaking! (Although looking at the band lineup for that stage...looks like the crowd should be plenty loosened up by the time our favorite musical characters prepare for liftoff) :cheers:

If anyone knows an SF radio station that's streaming this or any other stream for this set.....please drop a line in this thread for the rest of us...(thanks!!)

I'm also curious about crowd sizes that DSO has played for...I'm guessing this will be in the running for one of the largest??? I know Fuji must have been massively huge, but I don't know about how large the crowds are at some of the festivals in the east that DSO has played at....

Lord knows this band can move some ENERGY so it will be cool to hear how the crowd responds since there'll surely be a lot of folks experiencing them for their first time....

So to the band-------have a blast in the park!!!!!!!

:dsorocks:

I'm also curious about crowd sizes that DSO has played for...I'm guessing this will be in the running for one of the largest??? I know Fuji must have been massively huge, but I don't know about how large the crowds are at some of the festivals in the east that DSO has played at....

:dsorocks:

i would think GOTV is up there, size wise...

• Forum MVP

I'm in the same boat as Jaybee about having to miss the show in the park. You weren't there either, Stone? WTF? I am damn glad to hear they won friends and influenced people with that show! I can say that I talked to several people at Saturday's show who had seen DSO before but were blown away by the power, both technically and emotionally, displayed on that stage and shared with us on the other side of the rail.

The Regency show was so strong, and the set list so chock full of favorites (old and new) that I have rarely been more grateful for the blessing of being able to attend. And FWIW I have never had more room to dance at a SF show. The second set was a gift, pure and simple. As is the opportunity to express my gratitude to you all. So, thank you!

• Forum MVP

I'm hearing this was an all time performance. Talk is that DSO made a significant impact on SF and that festival!

I'm hearing they opened up the fabric of the universe like they've never done before for a single set.

Way to go DSO!

So does that mean you did not attend the show ?? ...

I was at the Regency show on Saturday and it completely smoked. I suppose any lingering doubts I might have had about JM being able to completely fill the shoes of JK vanished at the last San Francisco run at the GAMH. However, if I actually did have any, they would certainly be gone now after this show great at the Regency. JM and JK are both steller musicians who have somewhat different approaches to the music but are terrific in their own unique ways (same goes for Stu Allen). Jeff's vocals and guitar work were absolutely stellar all night long. His performance on Visions of Johanna was every bit as good as I can remember hearing from anyone ever. DSO is every bit as good if not better than they were during John's long tenure on lead guitar.

I had absolutely planned to attend the Sunday show in the park, but decided to pass due to also having tickets for Gillian Welch at the Fillmore on Sunday night This concert had only been announced a little over a week ago as a last minute kind of show. Having now seen what DSO played, I'm certainly sorry to have not been present to witness this epic sounding set. However, it's also really difficult to describe how truly perfect the Welch show was last night. It was a lengthy show, about three hours long, and indescribably beautiful. I'm glad I had some rest on Sunday to be able to have the energy to fully appreciate this special evening. I did get a small Dead fix, as they performed a great version of Candyman with one of their special guests of the evening, Robyn Hitchcock. Welch and musical partner Dave Rawlings are not to be missed if they come to your area. Do yourself a favor and go!

I'm really happy to hear how well DSO was received at HSB, and hope they will be invited back. I would not miss it next time!

• Forum MVP

DSO made Rolling Stone!

From the article:

But of course, peace, love and music are no strangers to Golden Gate Park. Since the Summer of Love in 1967, music programs have been a constant, with many events staged for free. On September 28th, 1975, the Grateful Dead performed an hour and a half set in the park's Lindley Meadows. Thirty-six years later, almost to the day

• Forum MVP

DSO made Rolling Stone!

From the article:

Wow! That could be the crowd record for DSO...I'm not sure but I think it edges out (or blows away) GOTV. That is a great picture, and what a cut-up that Barraco character is.

Seriously, what they did yesterday looks huge in more ways than one. Onward...

• Forum MVP

I love hearing all these words...

Sounds like (yet) another incredible weekend for the band and those present to receive the barrage of music...

And what a wise choice dso made in what to play for their set in the park!!!

The fire continues to be stoked...

• Forum MVP

So does that mean you did not attend the show ?? ...

Unfortunately, I HAD to go to a workshop in LA this weekend--I'm still there.

Missing HS hurt big time and missing DSO's debut performance just fucking sucked.

What a big moment for this band.

I know the energy must have been flying off that stage.

• Advisory Board

Missing HS hurt big time and missing DSO's debut performance just fucking sucked.

What a big moment for this band.

+1

I feel your pain, David... I'm sick to my stomach!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

from our beloved Gary

Wow!! Great video Gary! Too bad Jeff hid behind a tree <smile> Everybody's having a great time, but I get a kick outta the guy (in dark shirt wearing a backpack) in the lower right-hand corner of the video. He seems a bit lost.

Archived