Ithaca

Mango

• Forum MVP

Can't really pull it together right now for any kind of review right now but here is the setlist.....

1: nfa/jack straw, mission in the rain, bucket, hurts me too, uncle/mexicali, believe it or not, blow away/might as well

2: playin/uhh/unbroken chain(baracco vocals, very nice!)/sailor/saint/TERRAPIN/drums/space/shakedown/unbroken reprise/COMES A TIME!/playin reprise/ujb jam/nfa reprise

Forever young

It all came together tonight:)

Can't really pull it together right now for any kind of review right now but here is the setlist.....

1: bra/jack straw, mission in the rain, bucket, hurts me too, uncle/mexicali, believe it or not, blow away/might as well

2: playin/uhh/unbroken chain(baracco vocals, very nice!)/sailor/saint/TERRAPIN/drums/space/shakedown/unbroken reprise/COMES A TIME!/playin reprise/ujb jam/nfa reprise

Forever young

It all came together tonight:)

yowza !!!

dig it, Believe it or Not, Blow Away.....and Unbroken {w/Barraco singin' ???....how did the reprise come in?}....

Guest eyesofvermont

yowza !!!

dig it, Believe it or Not, Blow Away.....and Unbroken {w/Barraco singin' ???....how did the reprise come in?}....

Ohhhh man they brought it tonight. Absolutely killer, and I got one of Rob K's drumsticks!

They jammed out of UBC during the jazzy middle jam, and then picked it back up again out of the Shakedown jam. Transition was smooth as can be.

• Forum MVP

i just thought he was tryin to remember the song....like, uhhhh.....

His source for the set list was impeccable...and to be clear, my comment was about an auto speller that can't handle GD abbreviations and acronyms, not the operator. I'm sure the data input was just exactly perfect.

• Forum MVP

What was up with the balcony being closed before the show? That created a pile up in the isles... Eaton must've noticed as once the balcony opened he reminded everyone on the floor that they could go up there...

Beautiful theater.

Personal highlight was hearing RB say to himself in the mic "...how insane do you have to be to play that many shows?"

I was surprised to hear RB sing Unbroken Chain... does Kevin not take the vocals on this anymore? Lisa began the first verse with Rob then stopped... I thought Lisa on lead vocal would have worked well in comparison.

So grateful to have attended such a milestone.

Gonna let it all hang out.

i ever tell ya about my front row show 9/13/93 when the skanky girls in front of bob were pullin up their shirts & flashin him durin playin & makin him about choke on the mic ? TWICE !!! twas some funny shit....

• Forum MVP

So. Ithaca. Before the show started they had the balcony closed, I guess because not enough tickests had been sold. As a result of this it was extremely crowded in the flat, upfront area. I started the show up by the stage, which worked for a few songs but really became unbearable at a certain point. The NFA opener took me right back to the 11th anniversary show which opened the same way. The jam went some interesting directions, especially for a show opener, and made a smooth but surprising transition into Jack Straw. Jack Straw was awesome. In fact, I think DSO always fires this tune up nicely. Mission in the Rain is a personal favorite of mine and we had listened to it a handful of times on the trip so it was sweet to be treated to this one. By about half way thru Bucket I had enough micro-dancing so I bailed out to the side where there was more space but terrible sound. A couple of minutes later I noticed people going up the stairs to the balcony so I followed suit and the rest of the show was dancing bliss. Awesome vibes up in the balcony, we all knew what we were there for.

The second set is one i'd really love to hear again. I don't really know what to say that the setlist doesn't tell you- it was sick. It was really cool here barraco sing unbroken chain. No disrespect to Kevin intended here but rob sounded really good on this one. Comes a time was probably the highlight for me, the solo at the end was beautiful. Sweet blissful dancing.

What an awesome show. What fun :cheers:

Long trek to rochester tmrw, but I suspect it will be well worth it.

Love and blessings to all,

the Mango

Guest crazy digits

So. Ithaca. Before the show started they had the balcony closed, I guess because not enough tickests had been sold. As a result of this it was extremely crowded in the flat, upfront area. I started the show up by the stage, which worked for a few songs but really became unbearable at a certain point. The NFA opener took me right back to the 11th anniversary show which opened the same way. The jam went some interesting directions, especially for a show opener, and made a smooth but surprising transition into Jack Straw. Jack Straw was awesome. In fact, I think DSO always fires this tune up nicely. Mission in the Rain is a personal favorite of mine and we had listened to it a handful of times on the trip so it was sweet to be treated to this one. By about half way thru Bucket I had enough micro-dancing so I bailed out to the side where there was more space but terrible sound. A couple of minutes later I noticed people going up the stairs to the balcony so I followed suit and the rest of the show was dancing bliss. Awesome vibes up in the balcony, we all knew what we were there for.

The second set is one i'd really love to hear again. I don't really know what to say that the setlist doesn't tell you- it was sick. It was really cool here barraco sing unbroken chain. No disrespect to Kevin intended here but rob sounded really good on this one. Comes a time was probably the highlight for me, the solo at the end was beautiful. Sweet blissful dancing.

What an awesome show. What fun :cheers:

Long trek to rochester tmrw, but I suspect it will be well worth it.

Love and blessings to all,

the Mango

This show, especially the second set was a fookin barnburner...so happy...thanks tucson :-)

yowza !!!

sounds like there was alot of space inbetween songs

:icon13: not a big fan of space im more of a working mans dead and american beauty guy and

72 shows but a dso show is a dso got to love the people and the great music

:icon14:

• Advisory Board

sounds like there was alot of space inbetween songs

:icon13: not a big fan of space im more of a working mans dead and american beauty guy and

72 shows but a dso show is a dso got to love the people and the great music

:icon14:

?????????

Alot of space inbetween songs?

Just curious, and don't take any offense to this, but how long ago did you get into the Grateful Dead?

Did not touch a computer since early Friday morning. Many thanks to band, crew and crowd for such a great weekend. LOVE ITHACA! Great drum circle up the pedestrian street after the show. Lovin' it all. Rob E and band....thanks for painstakingly signing those great posters your management put up you to. I will proudly display in office. I know you were not into it and glad the signing didn

• Forum MVP

?????????

Alot of space inbetween songs?

Just curious, and don't take any offense to this, but how long ago did you get into the Grateful Dead?

The legendary space between songs was the work of the Just Exactly Perfect Brothers Band although I can't find any of their stuff on archive :o

• Forum MVP

I'm gonna be honest. Probably my least favorite show of the 3 i saw to start the tour. I thought the band played really, really well but the setlist wasn't necessarily full of my favorites or maybe it just wasn't what I was expecting. I mean, to go from a killer Lisa Hurts Me Too with harmonica to a Loose Lucy, MAMU>Mexicali wasn't exactly my style. I just thought we'd be hearing some really unusual and rare kinds of things. Having said all that, I was so so so so happy to be there and experience this show.

The NFA>Jack Straw Opener was a great start. I was up front for the beginning but I HAD to go get out of there. As Mango said, the sides had horrendous sound. The balcony was definitely the best spot. Great dancing space and sound. The Mission in the Rain was performed just how I like it. Mattson killed it. The HIAB had the band playing really well together and Eaton sounded great. The PITB had a really good jam. Unbroken sounded great with a Barraco. The Terrapin was soooo intense. That jam at the end went into fucking hyperdrive. WOW! The Shakedown was great for coming out of space. Got everybody dancing. I'm sure everyone agrees that Comes A Time was the song of the night though. Absolutely blissful. The whole sandwich coming together at the end was great, even though you could see it coming from a mile away. Forever Young was the perfect choice for filler.

I really enjoyed myself and I can't wait to keep up with this tour. Got to pass on Rochester tonight but I'll be back on the bus in New Brunswick all the way through both NYC shows. I think the band sounds better than they ever have as a unit and as individual musicians. Big thanks to the band and crew for everything.

My husband and I really enjoyed the show. We got the feeling that all the songs had a certain meaning in the history of DSO and loved how they sandwiched Playin', UJB, Unbroken Chain all in a huge NFA sandwich...... Yummy!!! And superb Comes A Time!!

Archived