What Show Would You Want To Hear ?

mattohio

Easy...9/6/79, my first show, Madison Square Garden. Man, I loved going there for a concert. During Sugar Mag, the building was actually rocking so bad that the crew were on the stage holding the equipment to stop it from tipping over. We were dancin hard that night!

Peace,

Joe

• 2 weeks later...
  • Advisory Board

My first Dead show.... even though the setlist is so-so, I remember that night like it was yesterday, as it was the day I was reborn... I remember going into the show thinking, I really wanna hear a China>Rider, and when they opened up the second set, I was so blown away, I remember the tingling sensation I got crawling over my skin (ok, so maybe it was the LSD, but who cares..)

07-16-94 Robert F. Kennedy Stadium, Washington, D.C. (Sat) 1: Cold Rain> Picasso Moon, Lazy River Road, El Paso@, Shoe Fits, Ramble On, Masterpiece, Loose Lucy, Promised 2: China Cat> I Know You Rider, Samba, Estimated> Crazy Fingers> Drumz> Last Time> Stella Blue> Saturday Night E: Liberty

Traffic opened

Guest crazy digits

Easy...9/6/79, my first show, Madison Square Garden. Man, I loved going there for a concert. During Sugar Mag, the building was actually rocking so bad that the crew were on the stage holding the equipment to stop it from tipping over. We were dancin hard that night!

Peace,

Joe

I may be mistakened but I believe I saw DSO do this in AC a bunch of years back? Or, it was the next night at MSG? I thought they did Good Lovin that night which would erase the Sugar Mags. That show in AC was my most favorite of any DSO show I have seen..it may have just been me?

• Forum MVP

I may be mistakened but I believe I saw DSO do this in AC a bunch of years back? Or, it was the next night at MSG? I thought they did Good Lovin that night which would erase the Sugar Mags. That show in AC was my most favorite of any DSO show I have seen..it may have just been me?

I think our HOB-AC one you're thinking of is 9-5-79. I remember the Scarlet>Fire>Est>Eyes...one of the best times ever...

And I Herdy is onto something here.

• Forum MVP

I think our HOB-AC one you're thinking of is 9-5-79. I remember the Scarlet>Fire>Est>Eyes...one of the best times ever...

And don't forget the Masterpiece>Terrapin filler. It was in 2005...

And Bix, I agree that show still ranks up there with the best of them!!

• Advisory Board

You are correct... I remember this show cause it had a smoking fast Bertha before closing the second set with Good Lovin'... but it was 9/5/79, not 9/6/79

Archived