DSO Jubilee - Labor Day 2012

gr8fulpair

• Forum MVP

If I left the company I am at and started my own company, there would be hurt feelings just like DSO doing their own fest. My boss would be upset that I took clients. Some of my clients would be upset that I left and hurt my bosses business. But, I have to do what's best for me in the long run. Who cares what people say. If they don't want to go, thats their loss. You need the freedom to do this how you want to do it and if people are upset with you making a living F%^& them. It's not their business anyway. :)

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Forum MVP

Hey Rob, thanks for being the voice of reason here. This is for the greater good. Don't think you'll be able to make 5000 people thrilled without pissing off a few, and you probably wouldn't throw out the baby with the bath water either. Despite a few negative comments in this thread, seems the vast majority of the bands fans are stoked for an awesome weekend in Ohio. I know I am!

hey eaton dont be startin sh*t...thursday check? my ticket says i cant get in til friday, let us travellers know the score so's we can make plans- south carolina is a long ways away. i know i'd be tremendously even more positive being able start my vaca a day earlier. thats forward thinking! see you at black mountain

• Forum MVP

It still Amazes me how when we try to do our own festival, with a great line up, for what I think is the best bang for your buck this summer folks still try to look at the negative. Here's the positive spin:

We are bringing a great head friendly line up to the wonderful state of Ohio. Family oriented at less then $100 bucks for 3 full days of music and camping. $33 per day camping and music. Nobody's been hurt. HVille was moving dates anyway... Spikedrivers are on the bill. We thank Tim Walther for helping us and are proud and thankful he's our manager and friend... This is a win win for everyone... Let's start talking about how much fun we all are going to have and maybe even a Thursday check(don't hold me to that) life's to short to keep pounding negative energy to something that's no going to change. I've always said if you can't change history don't wast your time worrying about it. Move on and be happy.. I've had to do that recently and it does work... Forward thinking.....

"the wonderful state of Ohio" .... ahhh.... such a beautiful sound when you say those words aloud....

. :D

Guest crazy digits

It still Amazes me how when we try to do our own festival, with a great line up, for what I think is the best bang for your buck this summer folks still try to look at the negative. Here's the positive spin:

We are bringing a great head friendly line up to the wonderful state of Ohio. Family oriented at less then $100 bucks for 3 full days of music and camping. $33 per day camping and music. Nobody's been hurt. HVille was moving dates anyway... Spikedrivers are on the bill. We thank Tim Walther for helping us and are proud and thankful he's our manager and friend... This is a win win for everyone... Let's start talking about how much fun we all are going to have and maybe even a Thursday check(don't hold me to that) life's to short to keep pounding negative energy to something that's no going to change. I've always said if you can't change history don't wast your time worrying about it. Move on and be happy.. I've had to do that recently and it does work... Forward thinking.....

Of course, NOT holding you to the Thursday Check...but, if it was to occur, the FAQ section said > When do the gates open?

Gates to the Dark Star Jubilee open at 12:00pm on Friday, August 31 and Close at 12:00pm on Monday, September 2.

• Forum MVP

just got to pull off what took place during the last land rush in the United States under the Homestead Act ...

a little place named Oklahoma .. well at 12pm on the given day that settlers were allowed in they made a made rush to find some land to stake a claim

and low and behold people had slipped in earlier than allowed ..... they got there sooner than the others ....

thus the nickname of the state of Oklahoma .... "The Sooner State"

point is ..... get there sooner and maybe a sound check will be the reward ..... giddyup

• Forum MVP

Holy shit, to have or not have disc-o pizza is hugely important to know ahead of time. (as in, if not ill have to bring food). Rob, do you know if the Disc-O wagon will be making the trek to legend valley?

• Forum MVP

Honestly, they were the only reason I ever went to the Ledges. Sure, the music was OK, seeing folks I could tolerate for 4 days or so was fine, and the quarry made a nice wash tub. But their pizza (and the hippie chicks pole dancing that one year) was where it was at.

So if they are serving up the slices at the Jubilee, I'm in. Otherwise - meh...

Y'all are so sweet and kind ~ :wub: the disc o pizza folks thank you very much

and yes, we're blessed to have been included in the jubilee and cannot wait to see all of your smiling faces and boogie down with some of the best musicians of our time. We plan on collecting canned and non perishable items to donate to local pantries. Not sure if DSO plans on doing something like this or Strangers Helping Strangers... but we can work together, if so. We love sharing blessings as much as possible.

And, honestly, Steve doesn't have a lake at his place.... a pond, yes... but there's a fine lake right down the road (the real buckeye lake, google map it) but honestly you'd have to leave the venue. A few of us have been working together, doing raffles and such to raise money for a splash pad water feature thingy. Originally, it was going to be a playground for kids... but a water feature would benefit everyone. Right now, they have a slip n slide which seems like a lotta fun. Steve has horses at his place, low rolling hills, some big pines and wooded areas to camp... as well as the wide open field in front of the stage. This land holds native artifacts... mostly undisturbed (maybe I shouldn't have told you that lol). The place has a good feel to it. The owner is a kind deadhead at heart and his family members are honest and kind folks. And the staff are all friendly and kind folks, fo sho. He wouldn't have it any other way.

Thank you all for being such goooood family.... a blessing to all of us. Where else can we find such fellowship in this mean old world?

People are already stoked about the Jubilee and some say it's going to be the festival of the summer

:dsorocks:

much love to you all ~

:grouphug:

and thank you once again

• Advisory Board

This is GREAT news!! Disc-O-Pizza at the Jubilee!! SOOO excited! I thought that I might never get a fantastic slice of that pizza again, since we aren't going back to the Ledges, but now, I'm happy! :)

Thank you Disc-O-Pizza people!! We love you!

• 2 weeks later...

Honestly, they were the only reason I ever went to the Ledges. Sure, the music was OK, seeing folks I could tolerate for 4 days or so was fine, and the quarry made a nice wash tub. But their pizza (and the hippie chicks pole dancing that one year) was where it was at.

So if they are serving up the slices at the Jubilee, I'm in. Otherwise - meh...

Hippie Chicks pole dancing ????? I always miss the good stuff....Peace

Archived