Dark Star Jubilee 2013?

jljbirdq

• Forum MVP

You can bring your booze right down to the show, or you can sit at your campsite and party and still hear the music. Although I cant imagine being back at my campsite during a DSO set. This is not like a festival, its more like DSO has decided to throw a 3 day partyin the back yard and your invited. Security was very cool. As long as your not a douchebag you got nothing to worry about and this is not the type of festy that draws alot of douchebags.

LOL----- You wrote some words that made me laugh, but more of them made me smile. DSO decided to throw a 3 day party in the backyard!!! That sounds like a cure to my biggest gripe about DSO----space:} Never enough space to spin to their music, cause the venues they play get so packed!!!

Awe---thank you Mr. C for those words. That gives me comfort and security, while offering complete mental excitement. Bet you did not know you could do that with such few words:}

Regards:}

• Replies 485
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OK, it is less than 4 months till showtime and band announcements are overdue. It is time to release at least some names of bands playing this year. Shows much further out than 4 months have already started announcing bands. Wakarusa, Family Roots, Wanee, Suwannee, Old Settlers, Kerrville, ....

So, DSO and who?

• Forum MVP

OK, it is less than 4 months till showtime and band announcements are overdue. It is time to release at least some names of bands playing this year. Shows much further out than 4 months have already started announcing bands. Wakarusa, Family Roots, Wanee, Suwannee, Old Settlers, Kerrville, ....

So, DSO and who?

Hopefully DSO will just solo, and play 3 5 hour sets each day:}!!!!!!!!! Sorry-----thats proably only funny to me!!! ---more like a fantasy

But yea, I check every morning for more information!! But the anticpation is part of the excitement!!!

Hopefully DSO will just solo, and play 3 5 hour sets each day:}!!!!!!!!! Sorry-----thats proably only funny to me!!! ---more like a fantasy

But yea, I check every morning for more information!! But the anticpation is part of the excitement!!!

So would that be 3 sets a day lasting 5 hours total or would that be 3 sets each lasting 5 hours for a total of 15 hours a day?I'm not sure I could dance that long, but i would be willing to try, LOL

• Forum MVP

I was thinking 3 sets each 5 hours. Spread it out like late breakfast----dinner-----than late night cocktails!!!

But your right-----would be very taxing on the dancing body.

I guess its funny. I looked at last years lineup, and I have heard some of the bands playing, but I have never listened to a single one!!

It may be odd to say this, but the only music in my car is GD and Johnny Cash. Its been that way for the past 15 years. I have not let go yet. Sort of like a man that lost his wife, and never remarried, until he found her twin sister:}!!!!!

Thank God for DSO----and for 3nights of enjoying their gift!!!!

• Forum MVP

So would that be 3 sets a day lasting 5 hours total or would that be 3 sets each lasting 5 hours for a total of 15 hours a day?I'm not sure I could dance that long, but i would be willing to try, LOL

Let the training for the Jubilee begin!!

I was thinking 3 sets each 5 hours. Spread it out like late breakfast----dinner-----than late night cocktails!!!

But your right-----would be very taxing on the dancing body.

I guess its funny. I looked at last years lineup, and I have heard some of the bands playing, but I have never listened to a single one!!

It may be odd to say this, but the only music in my car is GD and Johnny Cash. Its been that way for the past 15 years. I have not let go yet. Sort of like a man that lost his wife, and never remarried, until he found her twin sister:}!!!!!

Thank God for DSO----and for 3nights of enjoying their gift!!!!

MY 6 disc changer has 2 dead cds and 4 DSO cds lol.

• Forum MVP

Mighty High was supposed to announce their lineup tomorrow. That has now been delayed because the Headlining band hasn't made their tour announcement yet. This leads me to believe that DSO will in fact be at Mighty High again this year. It's a tough spot for them as this festie is a week before the Jubilee, yet it's certainly a good money maker, and they are tight with Eli. I'm sure there are a bunch of mitigating factors. We shall see.

• Forum MVP

Mighty High was supposed to announce their lineup tomorrow. That has now been delayed because the Headlining band hasn't made their tour announcement yet. This leads me to believe that DSO will in fact be at Mighty High again this year. It's a tough spot for them as this festie is a week before the Jubilee, yet it's certainly a good money maker for them. I'm sure there are a bunch of mitigating factors. We shall see.

Thank you for that. That is not to far from me!! What another good opertunity to see DSO. Curious. Do they play a full show....or?

• Forum MVP

The first two nights sound like fun!!!:} 1 set would leave me absoultley in a Jones:{

As long as I have a place to park my vehicle and not have to move it, I am fine with what ever camping!!

I think Festivals are the way to go. Typically several nights, and do not have to travel!!

Hopefully find out in the morning!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Forum MVP

Oh yea----I checked out some pics and words off of JamBase from the 2012 Jubilee------That is what I am talking about!!!!!!

I feel very silly for even asking previous questions. I think I am realizing that people never stopped when Jerry passed!! I stopped, and did not realize fun in that capacity was still available!!

I am excited, but patient---Preparing for a good time--well in advanced:}!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't care if there is an acoustic set, don't care who else plays, I just want those damn pebbles off the dance floor!!!

I actually might not be able to make it at all...

What does that mean---pebbles on the dance floor?

Or is it what you mean:} but why pebbles

• Forum MVP

There are alot of rocks in area in front of the stage

Wha-----wha-------rocks or pebbles?

Boulders, or pebbles. Huh--- a venue with existing dancing hazards. I get that from the spilt beer and drunks already:{

Is it gravel?

Oh yea------WTF with the Issac---My God you guys were fucking pioneers in this Jubilee expression. From what I read, it was acutally pretty bad. The main stage became unsafe. The VIP tent was open to some serious intimate shit, but who got to see that?

I love rain and music. Dancing wet is fun, girls spinning in the rain is one of the most beautiful things I have witnessed, but it sounded like the rain was a big problem----and was managed only by the passion to keep the music going!!

WOW---and you all still speak so highly of the event, I have only hear one mention of rain, and that was a pm:}---even than, no negatives-------truely postive group you all must be:}

• Forum MVP

Sun- I see that you are very excited. I suggest putting these thoughts on the back burner for a minute, its only Feb!! Too much anticipation is usually not a good thing. But don't worry, I'm excited too, as I'm sure everyone else is. Going to see if I can rack up enough cc points to get a free flight. If so, I'm in.

• Forum MVP

Smiles Mangosteen!!! I got three shows starting the 14th of this month, so my anticipation is doubled down. Perhaps my words show my desire for more music!!

Valentines day away from the wife and kids:} I could not think of a better night than the love affair I have with the music these guys produce!! Doing taxes all day, with some dancing breaks in between. Both my six month year olds laughed and giggled at their daddy rocken in the living room:}

I am sure after the next 20 shows, I might be able to cool things down!!!

In addition, Checking out the pictures from last years event. It looks really cool, and laugh you may, but the last or any type of festival I have been to was a Gathering In WV back in 88-89 ----I think!!!

I am well long over due!!!! Why could I not of found these guys when I was still single:{ I would proably still be single, and broke:{

Thanks for the pep talk!!!

Where would you bee flying in from? I thought about a flight, but the logestics would not be flighter friendly for me!!!!

Wha-----wha-------rocks or pebbles?

Boulders, or pebbles. Huh--- a venue with existing dancing hazards. I get that from the spilt beer and drunks already:{

Is it gravel?

Oh yea------WTF with the Issac---My God you guys were fucking pioneers in this Jubilee expression. From what I read, it was acutally pretty bad. The main stage became unsafe. The VIP tent was open to some serious intimate shit, but who got to see that?

I love rain and music. Dancing wet is fun, girls spinning in the rain is one of the most beautiful things I have witnessed, but it sounded like the rain was a big problem----and was managed only by the passion to keep the music going!!

WOW---and you all still speak so highly of the event, I have only hear one mention of rain, and that was a pm:}---even than, no negatives-------truely postive group you all must be:}

pebbles,rocks, wood chips, it all hurts when dancing. the hill is better with the grass at Mighty High. If you camp there, bring some powerful stakes cuz the camping is on an old asphalt lot. We use the concrete stakes from Home depot, work excellent. And the Jubilee was great. A lot of rain, but mostly when music was done, except for the last night when it got really bad in the middle of 2nd set and they had to call it quits. Great vibe and fun times though. Also stones are in front of the stage so too painful for bare feet. Music always is worth the pain or anything else that can happen.

Peace,

Kris

• Forum MVP

Oh----I see some of crazy heads with bare feet? Really----you never worked on a construction site, cause if you did,you would wear the same damn boots that I wear to any show/work.

I love my feet, I need them forwever, I do not understand, as a older man, why no shoes is appealing. Why no boots are appealing. My feet are so important. ODC...yea, me with feet. My tires are clean, mean, and well protected machines!!!

Rocks, wood, nails, They would have to peirce atleas 2 inches to get me!!! So yea. I stand as high as a small NBA player. But my boots are awesome, same ones that mounted many 14, 000 and one plus 20,000ft/ Asolo at DSO, Dancing shoes, maybe not, but my prefer choice of dancing boots, as the ones I choose have been "on the blue ridge mountains" " where I take my stand"!!!!

Friday buzz, hope my words came clear!! Peace out Fanatic!!!! Thanks for sharing !!!s

Bare feet------I am impressed, untill i have said sorry after stepping on bare feet. I felt so bad after Philly, that I invited to heads to my Hotel room for free fun. Fuck , made them take a shower first, and well, never put two hippies in the shower after DSO!!! They will never leave, until after you pass out:}

• Forum MVP

i love taking my shoes off. One of the many positives of the Ledges was the way that sand felt between your toes when kicked off your shoes.( God I will miss that) I cant even imagine wearing boots to a summer show ( no offense Sunny)

No offense taking.....I spent years, decades with out shoes-----I am a complete freak now!!!

I can not even walk around house with out thick shoes. I duno what happend. I get freaked out about things sticking in my feet.

Its happend on a work site, decades ago, in the heart of coal country appalachia-------fucking parameds pulled that rusty shank out like a fucking arrow in a pig. My feet are mine, I protect them forwever!!!

This is my problem---not yours----dance on=====I hooked a barefooted dancer and his girl up at Electric!! I show my appreciation for others at shows, specially when its things that I will not, or can not do!!!

No offense taking, if anything, I am thankful others do not have my issues:} Thank god:}

Yea, I know, I got heavy ass alpine boots to boot!!! They got side leather for crampons!! Literally made for Alpine exploration!!! LOL-----I love my feet------but I have to admit......past two shows, I wore my running shoes. Past two shows, I nearly jumped over two small people.

I am a jumper, spinner, and mover. and just lost my thought----good night guys---another morning anther IPA:}

Archived