Dark Star Jubilee 2013?

jljbirdq

• Replies 485
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey, another wish list addition that would add to the Dead connections:

"Trigger Hippy is an American Rock and Roll supergroup composed of Black Crowes drummer Steve Gorman, session guitarrist Tom Bukovac, singer Joan Osborne, singer/songwriter Jackie Greene and bassist Nick Govrik.[1] Formerly of the group are Widespread Panic guitarist Jimmy Herring and former Black Crowes guitarist Audley Freed."

I mean, it's JOAN OSBORNE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I saw them at Wanee last year - the are excellent.   Jackie Greene is playing with the Black Crowes now and they have nothing scheduled between May 18 and May 30th

• Devoted

The suspense is killing me.  Will it be all 5 at once or 1 at a time?  Do we get another act with a true Dead connection?  Will I have Cherry Garcia in a cone or a cup?  These and more questions will be answered at a point on the horizon!

Another wish band...Rusted Root.

Listen up Jbcdfgjklmnpqrtvxzbirdqqq,

Your full of questions aren't you son?

Remember the cat? The one I killed? His name was curiosity.

Be careful. Sometimes good things happen to those who wait.

Sometimes the early bird gets the worm.

Sometimes a screen name doesn't make me want to hunt someone down.

Watching you punk.

Harry Callahan, SFPD

I know what you're thinking. "Did he say six bands or only five?" Well, to tell you the truth, in all this excitement I kind of lost track myself.  But being as this is the second year of Dark Star Jubilee, the most promising fan friendly music festival in the world that I am sure would blow your head clean off, you've got to ask yourself one question: Do I feel lucky? Well, do ya, punk?

Yup, I feel lucky....that DSO are back with what will be another great weekend!

Love that quote.

:) 

A MAJOR addition!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Keep in mind, I am not leaking anything as the band has already leaked it.  I am just sharing my JOY at such an impressive addition.  Thank you DSO for this amazing GIFT of more Jerry music!

Per an e-mail the band sent out this morning at 5:32 AM

05-26-2013
Dark Star Jubilee
Thornville, OH
Melvin Seals & JGB

A June 12, 2012 article said:

"Tebeau, who managed Camp Zoe from 2004 until October 2010, pleaded guilty Tuesday to one felony count of maintaining a drug-involved premises in exchange for an agreed-upon prison sentence of 30 months.  Scott Rosenblum, one of Tebeau's lawyers, said that the plea was the product of “extended negotiations. There was a lot of give and take on both sides. We're satisfied with the outcome.”  He has also agreed to forfeit the campground property to the government, but gets $188,000 back that had been seized by authorities, Rosenblum said.  A judge still has to approve the deal and Tebeau will appeal a judge's denial of his motion to dismiss his indictment. Tebeau's lawyers argued that in order for the law to apply, Tebeau would have had to operate the festivals “with the substantial purpose” of illegal drug sales, not music, Rosenblum said."

Would they seize the Staples Center or go after say a Mark Cuban if people routinely did illegal substances at say a NFL game or a NBA game?  How about a Jimmy Buffett concert?  Maybe a Trans-Siberian Orchestra concert?  OMG, what about anywhere Willie Nelson or Snoop played?!  Or maybe wherever Woody Harrelson has appeared?  

If you are going to apply the standard used on Jimmy, you have to apply it everywhere.  Just sayin.  Oh, I guess Madison Square Garden will be seized next week.  Illegal substances have been there regularly since at least the 70's.  Oh, don't forget to seize the Mall in Washington DC.  From the Capital to the Lincoln Memorial.  I saw drugs there at a FREE jazz show I was at that was a whole week.  Oops, there goes Central Park, there were drugs at that free Paul Simon Concert...heck they were at EVERY Central Park concert and I am sure authorities know that.

Owners of properties can try to police them but it is just impossible.  Who is going after Bonnaroo?  Oops, there goes Manchester, TN.   The law seems to be targeting where hippy type people are and that is profiling.   I am sure if they seized a rap club people would likely scream racial profiling.  How is this any different?  Whether or not you do drugs, sell drugs, don't use them, or are against them, you HAVE to apply laws uniformly.  If this case stands, the concert business will be OUT of business as every venue will be seized.  No more runs for the Allman's at the Beacon I guess.

Sorry for the political opinion.

By the way Jimmy is free, I guess on appeal, and is regularly playing concerts with the Schwag and JGB.

• Forum MVP

A June 12, 2012 article said:

"Tebeau, who managed Camp Zoe from 2004 until October 2010, pleaded guilty Tuesday to one felony count of maintaining a drug-involved premises in exchange for an agreed-upon prison sentence of 30 months.  Scott Rosenblum, one of Tebeau's lawyers, said that the plea was the product of “extended negotiations. There was a lot of give and take on both sides. We're satisfied with the outcome.”  He has also agreed to forfeit the campground property to the government, but gets $188,000 back that had been seized by authorities, Rosenblum said.  A judge still has to approve the deal and Tebeau will appeal a judge's denial of his motion to dismiss his indictment. Tebeau's lawyers argued that in order for the law to apply, Tebeau would have had to operate the festivals “with the substantial purpose” of illegal drug sales, not music, Rosenblum said."

Would they seize the Staples Center or go after say a Mark Cuban if people routinely did illegal substances at say a NFL game or a NBA game?  How about a Jimmy Buffett concert?  Maybe a Trans-Siberian Orchestra concert?  OMG, what about anywhere Willie Nelson or Snoop played?!  Or maybe wherever Woody Harrelson has appeared?  

If you are going to apply the standard used on Jimmy, you have to apply it everywhere.  Just sayin.  Oh, I guess Madison Square Garden will be seized next week.  Illegal substances have been there regularly since at least the 70's.  Oh, don't forget to seize the Mall in Washington DC.  From the Capital to the Lincoln Memorial.  I saw drugs there at a FREE jazz show I was at that was a whole week.  Oops, there goes Central Park, there were drugs at that free Paul Simon Concert...heck they were at EVERY Central Park concert and I am sure authorities know that.

Owners of properties can try to police them but it is just impossible.  Who is going after Bonnaroo?  Oops, there goes Manchester, TN.   The law seems to be targeting where hippy type people are and that is profiling.   I am sure if they seized a rap club people would likely scream racial profiling.  How is this any different?  Whether or not you do drugs, sell drugs, don't use them, or are against them, you HAVE to apply laws uniformly.  If this case stands, the concert business will be OUT of business as every venue will be seized.  No more runs for the Allman's at the Beacon I guess.

Sorry for the political opinion.

By the way Jimmy is free, I guess on appeal, and is regularly playing concerts with the Schwag and JGB.

I could be wrong, as I do not know the case very well, but this seem likes a state or district court, not a Federal.

Its hard to apply state laws across the board into other Jurisdiction.   Federal however, different story!!! 

Could you imagine a 5 day snoop festival.  Do brothers sleep in tents---sorry that was a bit rude, but really!!! 

All speculation for me; however, the seizure of property is down right communist!!!    Fucking leave people alone!!   ITs a fucking vice!!   How any govt can spend money protecting people from themselves is the most fucking stupid ideaology in the world!!!   The absolute fucking stupid thing in the world.  Do you know why kids spin really fast, cause it alters their state of mind.  It makes them dizzy and feel funny.   Ever culture, civilization young and old have means of making them feel better in a world where pain exist readily.  Life is not always kind, so why the fuck you care if I take a hit and spin to some tunes.  

Why would that hurt you----Leave people to do as they want as long as it does not infringe on my rights to move freely along in this world!!!!

Sorry about my political rant!!!!

Really pissed about the government seizing the land!!  That is down right despicable!!!

• Forum MVP

I don't know if Jimmy is playing with JGB anymore, though he was last time I saw them in late 2012. Robin Sylvester would be a fine replacement- actually better in my opinion.

Sorry I started the political thread but the whole thing makes me crazy whether it's state of federal.  If it is state, I wonder what they have in mind for the land that they basically stole.  Seems like they may have had a plan for the land all along and Jimmy is just getting screwed.  Selective enforcement.

Robin would be a great choice (love his work & shows with Ratdog) but I believe Jimmy is still playing with Melvin & JGB as he is listed as a member in an ad for a March 8 & 9, 2013 concert at:

The Capital Theatre

149 Westchester Avenue
Port ChesterNY10573

He is also in the band photo they are using to advertise the shows.  Regardless Melvin & JGB will put on a great show. I am already thinking about some special guests, maybe Mark Karan or Steve Kimock? 

• Forum MVP

sorry i am still stuck on the land.   Fuck you. fuck you . fuck you.  How you take someones land cause other poeple decided to smoke out on it!    Whatever,  bad vibes here.  COmpletely.  Should of finised my JD, but oh well----i am a puppet!!  Complete puppet!!  That sucks!!

Archived