Dark Star Jubilee 2013?

jljbirdq

So question......I see that tix for jubilee are selling fast...any idea how many? Just thinking about how many people will be going. We decided to go back again because of crowd size last year. I'm hoping for about the same size crowd but wouldn't mind a few hundred more...just don't want an all-good type crowd.... any feedback would be great. oh and this year the wife and I are going by ourselves ..our friends have decided on del fest so we are hoping to find a few people to camp with.

• Replies 485
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Forum MVP

Was definately small. Id say weather held most people that didnt pre-purchase away. Had rains from hurricanes. A TON of it. Also labor day weekend at end of summer after some had gone back to school or whatever. Was still a blast. Music was awesome and most rain came overnight. Going back this year and cant wait.

How many would you say was there last year? Earlier in this thread, someone stated 3000....which seemed like a small crowd to me---for such an event!!

3000, you could nearlybump into everyone during a 3 day dance trip:}

It was very small which made it great...

Did some research and found the following to be true based upon data from band websites:

Bands playing 5/24:  DSO, Greensky, Denson

Bands playing 5/25:  DSO, Yonder, New Orleans, JBB, Elephant, Gans

Bands playing 5/26:  DSO, Wailers, Seals/JGB, Pimps of Joytime, Pigeons

Lot of bands have not mentioned a day or are listed for the entire time.

• Forum MVP

LOL No way 3k people were there last year.  It seemed like maybe 1000 people to me with even less down by the stage.  I hope more will show to make the band money, but loved the intimacy last year!  Id say there werent more than about 100 there when the gates opened.  That was another huge plus!!

• Band Member

There were about 2500 people last year.  Judging from our earlybird sales there will be more than that this year, but we will be doing everything possible to maintain the intimate vibe we estalished last year.  Thanks to all who are coming.

There were about 2500 people last year. Judging from our earlybird sales there will be more than that this year, but we will be doing everything possible to maintain the intimate vibe we estalished last year. Thanks to all who are coming.

Great to hear. loved the small intimate vibe...but a few more good people never hurts that bottom line ....

• Forum MVP

Yeah last year was amazing.  Rain didn't phase me.  Friday and Sat nights it didnt start raining til right after the last band finished.  If it only waited 1 more hour Sunday, it would have been perfection!!!!  Plus the rain forced 70's style shows b/c of the small stage and those are my favs!!!!

Maybe the crowds seemed smaller to me because I saw several people leave b/c rain and many stayed up on the hill during the shows.

So question......I see that tix for jubilee are selling fast...any idea how many? Just thinking about how many people will be going. We decided to go back again because of crowd size last year. I'm hoping for about the same size crowd but wouldn't mind a few hundred more...just don't want an all-good type crowd.... any feedback would be great. oh and this year the wife and I are going by ourselves ..our friends have decided on del fest so we are hoping to find a few people to camp with.

Blah delfest, I live 5 minutes outside of cumberland. I'll take the valley over it any day. Not knocking the music, but it's a county fair ground. Too each there own! 

• Forum MVP

Temps today got near 80 F.    The spring fever is kicking in, and the days are getting closer!!

Glad my days are getting busier, as its easier to keep of the mind!!! 

Camp fires are nice.   I spent a lot of time backcountry anti-fire, but for reasons not impacted by this event.   I get the no BYO fire wood.  No need passing on more introduced species, but does any one know the cost of the wood?   

Plus, 3000 people--1000 campsites?   How nasty does the air get?      I have seen pictures, but nothing good of the scale and size of camping.     Are there declared sites, or a field/woods and build your own.  I imagine with fire, there would be rings.  

Typing my thinking, just wondering how that is set up.  Imagine the same for VIP and GA. 

Anyone care to share, thank you kindly!!!    

Another question if anyone has thoughts----saw that there are no personal generators.  I get that, pollution, not much noise, if a lil Honda or something, but could produce noise pollution with anyone setting up amps/tunes, but bunches of fires produce more nasty than gens---and much more fire risk?    Perhaps gas containers came in to thoughts.

I am on a ramble-----just curious, and thought to ask------

thanks again, and hope many of you are enjoying this awesome spring warm up:}  The Cherry's are busting in bloom, the Bradford's just peaked, and dormant bulbs now offering awesome scents of spring life!!   Swamp Jasmines pouring high fragrance into the evening air, while the bees are in a frenzy to exchange the blue prints for original life.   Fucking amazing!!!!  

Warm wishes to you all----and please take a minute to enjoy the beauty of your natural environment.  Solace comes in the simple things:}

Archived