Dark Star Jubilee 2013?

jljbirdq

May I suggest DSO's own Kevin Rosen if Jimmy is unavailable?  

He obviously knows the material AND he has played with Melvin and JGB's Shirley Starks, and Cheryl Rockerand in The Mix for several years.

Hey, DSO could be special guests everywhere!

Dino with My SIsters and Brothers

Lisa with Donna Jean and JGB

Jeff with Donna Jean and Rumpke

Rob B. with The Folkadelics

Kevin with JGB

and.....

hey Rob E. and Rob K, (maybe Donna Jean) who ya gonna play with?

• Replies 485
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey everyone, we didn't go last year but are looking forward to going this May. But I have a question, bringing my two boys (ages 5 and 10), anyone know anything about family camping? Hearing the music late into the night is a high priority, can this be done from the family camping area?

Hey everyone, we didn't go last year but are looking forward to going this May. But I have a question, bringing my two boys (ages 5 and 10), anyone know anything about family camping? Hearing the music late into the night is a high priority, can this be done from the family camping area?

Music can be heard from anywhere inside the venue....

• Forum MVP

There is family camping but I'd assume its further away from the stage. The stage is kinda down in a gully and once you get up to car camping and rv camping its not real clear. Oyster is right though, if you're inside the fence it's easy to hear everything being played. Being your kids they'll love it!!

Yo funkadelic1022............

1.  Melvin Seals & JGB (per their website Sunday May 26th and per an e-mail they sent to fans)

2.  David Gans (per his website Saturday May 25th)

3.  Boombox (a wild guess and they are available for all 3 dates and Zion is Donna Jean's son)????

4.  Keller Williams (another wild guess.  He plays Summer Camp in Chicago on the 24th and is open the 25th and 26th)????

5.  Spikedrivers (yet another wild guess as they are playing Duck Creek Jog Jam in Rockbridge, OH on the 25th and are open the 24th and 26th and they are an Ohio based Ohio festival favorite.....and they rock!)????

Also all are past performers/friends of Gratefulfest/Dark Star Jubilee. 

Hey, remember 3, 4, & 5 are just GUESSES.  For all I know, Jerry could be attending via a hologram!!!!

• Forum MVP

The joy of having youngens and canines!!   Keep you so busy that your mind is not on how many more days until Jubilee!!

Even trying to plan Jam in the Sand for next year.   Throwing it around to the wife, and she does not sound opposed.   Though she would be coming with me.   This sounds great to many, and to me, but after my sixth drink, she would start getting on me, and thats does not include any completely unacceptable side notes that I so enjoy playing!!   

i could see her jaw drop watching her husband groove out.  Makes me smile and laugh just thinking about it!!  

Hurry up Jubilee:}   Awaiting almost patiently!!!

• Forum MVP

Wish I could make some shows out there MC.   My sister lived in Beaver Creek for over a decade.  To funny, she saw DSO before me, and i took her to her first GD show!!.      Shes got a good friend named Turtle out there that just raved about these guys when we met!!   I get it!!!:}

• Forum MVP

Yo funkadelic1022............

1.  Melvin Seals & JGB (per their website Sunday May 26th and per an e-mail they sent to fans)

2.  David Gans (per his website Saturday May 25th)

3.  Boombox (a wild guess and they are available for all 3 dates and Zion is Donna Jean's son)????

4.  Keller Williams (another wild guess.  He plays Summer Camp in Chicago on the 24th and is open the 25th and 26th)????

5.  Spikedrivers (yet another wild guess as they are playing Duck Creek Jog Jam in Rockbridge, OH on the 25th and are open the 24th and 26th and they are an Ohio based Ohio festival favorite.....and they rock!)????

Also all are past performers/friends of Gratefulfest/Dark Star Jubilee. 

Hey, remember 3, 4, & 5 are just GUESSES.  For all I know, Jerry could be attending via a hologram!!!!

So do you think his hologram will play with JGB?  Maybe a couple songs with DSO.  Very cool.  Thanks for the info!!!

• Band Member

Whoever was asking about family camping-

I don't know exactly what we are doing this year but I can tell you that last year the family camping area was on the backside of the stage and very close.  I can only assume that they could the music just fine from there.

Another option- the back area of VIP camping is still pretty close to the stage, but far enough away to have a little peace for the kids and still be able to hear the music.

There is family camping but I'd assume its further away from the stage. The stage is kinda down in a gully and once you get up to car camping and rv camping its not real clear. Oyster is right though, if you're inside the fence it's easy to hear everything being played. Being your kids they'll love it!!

Thanks for the responses. I'm thinking we'll brave the regular camping, hearing the music is the highest priority. And yes, the kids are coming and they will love it. They are veteran festival goers, since the time they were infants they've been going to Grassroots in Trumansburg, and if you don't know Grassroots (Donna the Buffalo is the host band), you should seriously check on making the trip.

Thanks and see you in Ohio!

• Forum MVP

Taking a 15 and 10 year old. Definately will be dragging our crap down into to bowl to limit the walking. Last year went w/out them and other than fighting the rain to save the camp think they wouldve loved it. Dont want to jinx us but we couldnt possibly see that much rain again could we?

nah ... it'll be sweltering hot this time ~

hopefully not ~ hopefully ... the weather will be just exactly perfect :dsorocks:

but, when the Mule played there last spring... Farmer came out and put sunscreen on Warren while he was playing... mainly because he turned very white, then pink... then pinker with the beginnings of red ... and Warren proceeded to improv a song regarding the sunburn set (that's what we call the 5pm slot at the valley)

• Forum MVP

Was thinking it will be hot/warm by then, but cool at nights?  

Still spring, but Ohio has some of the most erratic weather in Spring/fall/Summer/Winter:}hahaha.

It is true though.  Was not there last year, but found out the rain was from then tropical depression.  I planned for that hurricane, as it was planned Cat 3 straight for my house.   Had evac plans for the family.  Anything 2 and up we leave!!!!   We do not chance nature!!   That is for the young and stubborn!!!

At worse, a fast moving front that creates a lot of sheer:{   More scared of wind during that time than rain, but what are the chances!!!!!

I will offer prayer to the rain gods by drinking plenty of their fluids!! 

I was going to make a joke about Warren in the sun, but I get the sense michelle likes the feller, so will keep the mean laughter to myself!!  

Wishing for all good things at Jubilee!!!!  A little sprinkle during drums to cool me down would be fab:}

I find its during drums my body starts giving, while my mind starts racing.  

hey sun1869 ~ joke all ya want ~

while in NC, someone told me Warren didn't write Soulshine... and he named the person that did (allegedly)

the band Kiss used to frequent clubs in California...  and rip off songs of unknown bands ...

I know Warren doesn't necessarily appeal to the masses ... and there are haters everywhere ... tell the jokes as you see fit... as long as they're good ones

I get a little crabby when first time posters come to the board to bash dso ... other than that... free speech is fine with me

you can even say you don't like the disc o pizza... or the people that work there... and it might bring a smile to my face ... if we were in company, I'd probably ask what you think should be done to improve it, for conversational entertainment and insight

so... get to telling those jokes, please

:dsorocks:

hey sun1869 ~ joke all ya want ~

while in NC, someone told me Warren didn't write Soulshine... and he named the person that did (allegedly)

the band Kiss used to frequent clubs in California... and rip off songs of unknown bands ...

I know Warren doesn't necessarily appeal to the masses ... and there are haters everywhere ... tell the jokes as you see fit... as long as they're good ones

I get a little crabby when first time posters come to the board to bash dso ... other than that... free speech is fine with me

you can even say you don't like the disc o pizza... or the people that work there... and it might bring a smile to my face ... if we were in company, I'd probably ask what you think should be done to improve it, for conversational entertainment and insight

so... get to telling those jokes, please

:dsorocks:

But if you do bash the wonderful Disco Pizza you will be taken behind the stoves and beaten ....as the wife and i made Disco Pizza our only food source for the weekend last year

Archived