Dark Star Jubilee 2013?

jljbirdq

• Forum MVP

hey sun1869 ~ joke all ya want ~

while in NC, someone told me Warren didn't write Soulshine... and he named the person that did (allegedly)

the band Kiss used to frequent clubs in California...  and rip off songs of unknown bands ...

I know Warren doesn't necessarily appeal to the masses ... and there are haters everywhere ... tell the jokes as you see fit... as long as they're good ones

I get a little crabby when first time posters come to the board to bash dso ... other than that... free speech is fine with me

you can even say you don't like the disc o pizza... or the people that work there... and it might bring a smile to my face ... if we were in company, I'd probably ask what you think should be done to improve it, for conversational entertainment and insight

so... get to telling those jokes, please

:dsorocks:

I take it back Michelle-----the joke was on me:{   spending bunches of money to see the Dead  back in 09 with Warren as a horriable Jerry fill in.   From East to West, ended there tour out in WA state.  I love the Gorge, but what a bummer show:{  

I was so bummed by the 09 comeback, that I ignored Furthur.   They even played in my backyard at one of my favorite venues---Hampton.  I gave my NC and Hampton Tics away, and just lost interest in anymore lives. 

If it was not for Warren sounding absolutley horriable, than I would of made Furthur, I would of found out about JK, which would of lead me to DSO nearly 4 years earlier!! 

Yes, a cruel joke Warren's sound played on my life.    I would eat monkey meat before I would listen to Warren play a single note!! The thought of that crab meat baking on stage gave me a litle smile, and now I forget the cruel laughter I had when I first posted about my dislike for wretched fellar:}   My words bark louder than my heart.   Needless to say I have been very dissapointed in his sound with my favorite music of all time!!

Pizza is always good after a show.  I am Chef la Sun, as I plan on doing some fine outdoor cusine, for I believe good food, good drink,  with  quality party favors is the only way to enjoy such an event---and i got a aresonal of MREs :}!!   Still pizza after a show.....mmmmmmmmmmm. 

Would not want to be taking behind any stoves and beaten.  Would bring back to many wonderful childhood memories:}!!!!   But I would be more than happy to opine with you Michelle on an improvements to the pizza, as I am not only my family's personal Chef, but a world renown connaissuer of all things good:} 

• Replies 485
  • Created
  • Last Reply

yep, Warren isn't a compliment to the Grateful Dead music ... his tone and style are way to heavy for the mellifluous sounds of the good ol' Grateful Dead ~

meanwhile ....

DSO should play some originals.... whether written together or individuals works ~

and maybe something like Shady Grove, Long Black Veil, Dreadful Wind and Rain, something off of Hooteroll?, Keepers, Soul Roach, Merl's Tune ... something like that...

and ... more organ ~ turn it up, man!!  ;)

and maybe something like Shady Grove, Long Black Veil, Dreadful Wind and Rain, something off of Hooteroll?, Keepers, Soul Roach, Merl's Tune ... something like that...

100% agree! would love to hear shady grove or dreadful wind and rain, or anything jerry/grisman related...and YES some more organ and an EASY WIND!!!!

100% agree! would love to hear shady grove or dreadful wind and rain, or anything jerry/grisman related...and YES some more organ and an EASY WIND!!!!

• Forum MVP

Ditto!!

• Forum MVP

show of hands for people who have seen keller more than 2 times who don't find his act to be incredibly annoying and repetitive. To each his/her own, I'm just curious.

saw him twice ... and that was enough ... :rofl:

I am OK with Keller being obligated elsewhere.  I think I have seen him maybe 6 times and unless he is playing with others, I find his solo act kind of boring now.  So to me, this is good news....now who will be those final 3?

PS, +1 for Donna The Buffalo!

• Forum MVP

Got the email and aside from d gans and melvin and jgb, the final bands are, Pigeons playing pingpong, cabinet, twiddle, and african showboys. All new bands for me although i've heard good things about PPP? Guess i'm gonna find out

• Forum MVP

They have interesting bios on the jubilee website.  I love seeing bands ive never heard of so Im excited.

9 1/2 weeks----not the movie but time until jubilee :)

GUYS!!!!!! i have to tell you, that I never thought in my wildest dreams that our other favorite touring band, TWIDDLE, would be there. I had suggested it a couple of months ago to both bands and never thought that it would actually happen. They are a small Vermont based band, collaborting musical ideas from many different genres-----you will not be disappointed, and I am overly ecstatic over here...I didnt think that it could get any better than last year!! That said, I am looking forward to checking out the other new bands...and can't wait to share this experience with you all....PEACE LOVE DSO AND TWIDDLE!!!!!!!!

Can't wait for Jubilee, didn't go last year. Kinda nice they moved it up to the spring, makes me sad it pushes hookah out tho :S. Any who with a line up like this it's hard to beat, and I live right outside of Cumberland,md (delfest) and I don't mind the drive to get away from a county fair ground. 

If it's like last year's memorial day at hookahville it will be upper 90's again, chance of a thunder/rain storm to roll through. Just hope mid day isn't that hot again, killed going to the stage. Yonder barely had anyone up in the gravel, and govn't mule wasn't packed. So let's hope for a cooler weekend for some dancing! 

See ya'll soon,

kenbud

Archived